Thread: Too much chrome

Bike
    Anything with trainer wheels

Too much chrome

Need some ideas and opinions. When the suns glare (mornings and arvos) off the headlight surround is so bad, its impossible to view speedo etc. Dont really want to get rid of the chrome. Is there a product on the market that can be sprayed on or stuck on that will keep the look and cut out the glare. Contemplated trying some of that stick-on headlight protectors product, but my experience with them is they look a bit naff after a while. (Grime and muck around the edges.)
    An ideas welcomed.

Bike
    mutton dressed up as lamb and a 73 XL250
    Tinted visor.
    Be the person your dog thinks you are...

Bike
    2009 TBird Big Bore 1700

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by 98tls View Post
    Tinted visor.
    Ha ha, or sunnies
    Shaken, not stirred in the shakey city!

Bike
    In the rubbish bin
    If you want it shiny, it will shine.

If you want it chrome but not shiny, you can do what Russ Mitchell does from Exile Cycles - brillo pad anything shiny.
    Find out more at www.unluckyones.co.nz

Bike
    S1000RR
    Scrub it off.

If you can make it on Kiwibiker you can make it anywhere.

Bike
    A chubby lollipop
    Quote Originally Posted by porky View Post
    Need some ideas and opinions. When the suns glare (mornings and arvos) off the headlight surround is so bad, its impossible to view speedo etc. Dont really want to get rid of the chrome. Is there a product on the market that can be sprayed on or stuck on that will keep the look and cut out the glare. Contemplated trying some of that stick-on headlight protectors product, but my experience with them is they look a bit naff after a while. (Grime and muck around the edges.)
    An ideas welcomed.
    Close your eyes.

Bike
    Took 6 posts but i knew it was coming, Missed the one about using a sledgehammer to modify the shape to change the angle. Tints not my thing, at present its sunnies under clear visor. Obviously their isnt a product thanks any way.

Bike
    A chubby lollipop
    Quote Originally Posted by porky View Post
    Took 6 posts but i knew it was coming, Missed the one about using a sledgehammer to modify the shape to change the angle. Tints not my thing, at present its sunnies under clear visor. Obviously their isnt a product thanks any way.
    To be a bit more helpful; In have a chrome dash and it's annoying at times but like you say yourself, sunnies and a clear visor are the answer. Tinted visors are ok as long as the sun shines but if you change direction for whatever reason and end up riding at night, you're buggered. I think you already knew the answer before you posted eh?

How's Masterton these days? Stinkin' hot?

Bike
    2002 Hayabusa and 2001 Honda XR650R
    Have you thought about polarised sunglasses? (like the ones for fishing). It's ridiculous how much glare they take out, without darkening the scene that much. I used a pair for driving for a while and all the glare from other cars' bonnets and windows went away, without additional darkening of the rest of the world.

However, in my case I found out that polarised sunnies were ok for a couple of hours or so. If worn all day in the evening I ended up with a slight headache almost everytime.

Bike
    The problem is you get a single spot of very hi tensity light, that is still visible with sunniies, dont look at that point and no problem. Went for a blast today. Taped a bit of card as a shroud over speedo. Looks like shit but works A1. Now got to work out how to get something fabricated that looks like it belongs.
    Yes, Masterton stinking hot but awesome riding weather so no complaints.

Thread Information