Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Slipper clutches Who where when.??

Bike
    Honda PC800

Slipper clutches Who where when.??

Has anyone seen advertisements for aftermarket slipper clutch units?
    I'm interested to talk to a manufacturer or retailer of these units.
    To see a life newly created.To watch it grow and prosper. Isn't that the greatest gift a human being can be given?

Bike
    STM slipper clutch very good,
    got one but not yet fitted.
    try and get one from overseas as its much cheaper.
    Exodus 18:11

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Can't help but wonder what the clutch is for. I had an identical XJ to the one you have in your avatar, and cant say it ever got that out of shape when the throttle got shut down.
    I may have the wrong idea on what a slipper clutch is used for but that is why they put them in big V twins.
    If the old Yamy is getting a wee bit off line when you shut it down, see if the swing arm bearings need a tweek. They are of the tapered roller variety, and real easy to do.
    I may of course just be making a dick of myself, and totally wrong. To this I can only say, my dad told me, "stick with what you're good at son."

Bike
    KTM 690 DUKE R
    possibly for his race bike FIZZERMAN!?

Bike
    Yes I do
    Quote Originally Posted by XJ/FROSTY
    Has anyone seen advertisements for aftermarket slipper clutch units?
    I'm interested to talk to a manufacturer or retailer of these units.
    Ya shoulda kept the ZXR750 !

FYI: ZX7 and ZXR750 owners... Fairly cheap slipper clutch mod...

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/webzxr/zxr750r/index.html

Look under tech tips, then slipper clutch mods.

Cheers,

Sedge.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez

O.k

Quote Originally Posted by sAsLEX
    possibly for his race bike FIZZERMAN!?

Yes, that does make more sense. I did say that I might be making a dick of myself, for saying anything, and turns out I was.

Bike
    2005 kawasaki zxr636
    Slipper Clutches are great I Never Knew what I was missing Until I got One.
    "Read not to contradict and confute, nor to believe and take for granted, nor to find talk and discourse, but to weigh and consider."

Bike
    Honda PC800
    hmm--I wonder --somewhere in wellytown is a zxr750 engine --with a clutch in it-I wonder if I could/would fit.
    To see a life newly created.To watch it grow and prosper. Isn't that the greatest gift a human being can be given?

Bike
    Yes I do
    Quote Originally Posted by XJ/FROSTY
    hmm--I wonder --somewhere in wellytown is a zxr750 engine --with a clutch in it-I wonder if I could/would fit.
    You stay away from my bike you !...

Actually, thinking about it, my bike's up on blocks for a few months while I take it to pieces and clean it up... I can lend you some bits if you want to try it out... How hard is it to pull the clutch ? I've got the factory manual, but most of my tools are of the big and hitty variety.

Sedge.

Bike
    Yes I do
    http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Mo...n-27281108.htm

Squeeze that sucker in to the 400... cheaper than buying a slipper clutch... Pretty sure you'd soon be winning in F3 too

Sedge.

Bike
    00,R6 / 08,Scorpio
    Quote Originally Posted by sedge
    http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Mo...n-27281108.htm

Squeeze that sucker in to the 400... cheaper than buying a slipper clutch... Pretty sure you'd soon be winning in F3 too

Sedge.
    you trying to sell tha motor to everybody sedge?

Bike
    Yes I do
    Nah, it's not me, but I'd have bought it if I hadn't blown all my bike cash on a set of forks for my beasty, you can never have enough engines

Hmmm, F3, I wonder if you could sleeve it down to 440cc, heh heh... Is there anything in the racing rule book about forced induction ? Coz it'd be strong enough after that Sleeve it down and then boost it up.

Sedge.

Bike
    Honda PC800
    Quote Originally Posted by sedge
    You stay away from my bike you !...

Actually, thinking about it, my bike's up on blocks for a few months while I take it to pieces and clean it up... I can lend you some bits if you want to try it out... How hard is it to pull the clutch ? I've got the factory manual, but most of my tools are of the big and hitty variety.

Sedge.
    Best ya just send me ya whole motor?

Bike
    1997 Ducati 600 Supersport
    hey sedge.... how is the beasty? ... bout time you come around for a beer!!!!!

Bike
    Yes I do
    Quote Originally Posted by Blakamin
    hey sedge.... how is the beasty? ... bout time you come around for a beer!!!!!
    Well, the biggest change apart from f**king up the paint job is that the reg is on hold for six months or so while I figure out how to pull the thing to bits without it falling on me.

I've got a nice new set of forks waiting to go on, everything else looks shitty but is fine mechanically. I keep faffing between 1. Do I strip it down, clean it up and have it too nice to drop ? or 2. Do I do a half arse job and have a half arse bike that I always know is half arsed ?

Final result is that I just stand around drinking beer looking at it thinking about how much work it needs, how I don't think my rafters can take the weight of the bike (they really can't, it's a crappy old garage) and if I can balance it on the sump while I take out the swingarm and forks (who the hell knows ???).

Ah... I'll get there one day, may need to buy one of those engine extractor stands so I can chain it up in the air.

Yeah man... Beer would be cool, I got some here ... What time do you finish up at work these days ? You could come over and laugh at me circling the bike with my finger up my arse (everybody needs a hobby eh ?) I swear I'm weaing a frecking trough in the concrete.

Sedge.

Thread Information