Page 348 of 379 FirstFirst ... 248298338346347348349350358 ... LastLast
Results 5,206 to 5,220 of 5676

Thread: South Auckland Street Skills

Bike
    XL1200c Sporty HD
    Blog Entries
    Good to hear from ya f2dz, we've missed ya and often wonder how things are. OMG that ur contemplating riding on those crazy roads. May the odds forever be in your favour bro. Have been down with the lurgeys BIG time - waking death material the last two weeks. Only just coming right slowly, and absolutely buggered last night. Only been well enough to ride the last two days I've been that bad. Full springtime melt down. Hope yáll alright out there, bit of a lull at the mo. Must catch up with peops. Anyone going on the blue ribbon this weekend?

Bike
    Honda CBR 600, Harley 1200 Custom
    Quote Originally Posted by Maakz View Post
    Good to hear from ya f2dz, we've missed ya and often wonder how things are. OMG that ur contemplating riding on those crazy roads. May the odds forever be in your favour bro. Have been down with the lurgeys BIG time - waking death material the last two weeks. Only just coming right slowly, and absolutely buggered last night. Only been well enough to ride the last two days I've been that bad. Full springtime melt down. Hope yáll alright out there, bit of a lull at the mo. Must catch up with peops. Anyone going on the blue ribbon this weekend?

I was on the Blue Ride.

Hope you are getting better now. I was hit bad with it 2 months ago. Had a week off work.

Will we see you tonight?

Bike
    XL1200c Sporty HD
    Blog Entries
    Slowly getting there, having some tea and then will head over to the meet point, still deciding if i'll come along or not. Weathers settling in to turn to custard so considering piking.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Sorry guys, have only just stumbled in from work. Big changes going on and Im in the middle of it so need to put it first right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    2000 Honda Hornet 600
    Quote Originally Posted by f2dz View Post
    Hey y'all,
    Living in Edinburgh in Scotland at the moment, hoping to land a job next week fingers crossed. After that's said and done and I convert my NZ license to a UK one in November I'll be looking at buying something.

Will keep ya posted. Hope the bad weather hasn't got ya down too much! Sunny on this side of the world but not for much longer I'm guessing..
    Hey matey! Scotland, huh? Land of haggis and kilts... Have fun and look forward to seeing what ride you get!

Have been down with the lurgeys BIG time - waking death material the last two weeks. Only just coming right slowly, and absolutely buggered last night. Only been well enough to ride the last two days I've been that bad. Full springtime melt down. Hope yáll alright out there, bit of a lull at the mo. Must catch up with peops.
    Take care of yourself, gurl!

Quote Originally Posted by xXGIBBOXx View Post
    Do I smell ? Went to the watering hole . But no one was there . Hope you had a good ride catch us next time
    Must be! LOL

Happened to me a couple of times a while back - turned up at watering hole and no body there. Then turned out they went off somewhere else either for car park exercises or drinks or both...
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Your beliefs don't make you a better person, your behaviour does.

Bike
    2000 Honda Hornet 600
    Essential info for the newbies to SASS:
    South Auckland Street Skills or SASS

WHAT: Learning and improving Riding Skills
    WHEN: Tuesday Nights
    WHERE: Meet at Z (ex-Shell) Service Station, Cnr Great South Road and Taka St, TAKANINI (the one with a Burger King)
    WHO: Riders new and old, and anyone getting back into Motorcycling (must be legal & hold a motorcycle license).
    Weather and venue permitting - Heavy Rain may mean that we are watching DVDs. Showers are OK, look on the thread for more up-to-date information.
    Depending on the number of riders and their experience levels, a short ride may be included to practice further skills. If there are enough riders, some nights can be split into two different groups.

Some nights may include:
    Practicing essential skills and techniques in a quiet carpark
    On-the-road practice which may see you doing up to a 1hr - 1 1/2hr ride.

WHY:
    - Practice essential skills for staying alive on the road.
    - Practical help with your riding.
    - Fun times with fellow riders, with great stories and discussions.
    - Build friendships, solicit advice and pick-up riding tips.

MEET at Z station Takanini -----------> before 6.55pm

START ride -----------------------------> 7pm

FINISH ride at ex-Manukau City Council car park for slow-speed safety exercises -----> usually 8pm-8.15pm
    (next to the new Manukau train station & opp. police station)

SOCIAL time @ BRONCOS after car park exercises -----------> 8.45pm-ish

Cost: Nil, nada, zip, zero, nothing... Just your time and attention.

Details of what will be happening each week will be posted on this thread. So kick the tires and light the fires... Let's ride, aSASSins ©!

Disclaimer:
    The SASS activity is intended to give any riders advice on their riding and to practice their skills in a safe and relaxed environment. The organisers of SASS are NOT responsible for any rider, their machines and/or any persons involved. All people attending SASS do so at their own risk.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Your beliefs don't make you a better person, your behaviour does.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by xXGIBBOXx View Post
    Do I smell ? Went to the watering hole . But no one was there . Hope you had a good ride catch us next time

Sent from my HTC_PO582 using Tapatalk
    Sorry. The one time we didn't stop in but we all did a ride and went home .

Bike
    No SASS on tonight

Bike
    1988 M17 CBR250R Honda
    Hey guess what... Finally got the bike through a WOF (bloody work and family crap) these still ticking along?

Bike
    18 Triumph Street twin
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwi-on-wheels View Post
    Hey guess what... Finally got the bike through a WOF (bloody work and family crap) these still ticking along?
    Yeah buddy for the WOF!
    Yeah the meet ups are still happening , small numbers over winter but it's a full house over summer . Who doesn't want to go for a rise in the sun after work ?

Bike
    1988 M17 CBR250R Honda
    Hells yeah!!!! Had a lot on my plate of late, and unfortunately a lot of things have had to take a back seat. Back again, getting back in to things slowly, need to get my licenses sorted as a matter of priority, want to have my restricted by the end of November, and if I have the cash, it'd be nice to have the certificate for my full before Christmas

The 250 is fun, but its old and it shows. Really want something newer, but patience is key

Bike
    XL1200c Sporty HD
    Blog Entries
    Hey yáll, sorry bout last nights no show, work farewell that ran overtime. Paying for it today. Just quickly popped in to check in and see if everyones OK in lieu of 3 down on Sun , and now this. http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11528922 Please check in if you're able, and if not, then be vigilant out there. Travel safe and journey well my friends. Sunny side up.

Bike
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 RR
    Saw the bike and trucks as I passed this morning. Bike was standing on left shoulder with no obvious damage during the fleeting glance. I think the rider was sitting on the guard rail with boots off. Not looking noticeably injured but it was a bit hard to tell who was who. Hopefully there wasn't anything more serious than some people late to work.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Bike
    XL1200c Sporty HD
    Blog Entries

Bike
    A black one
    Good to hear from ya f2dz, we've missed ya and often wonder how things are. OMG that ur contemplating riding on those crazy roads.
    Definitely missed the SASS rides as of late. Getting quite chilly up here in the north!

Quote Originally Posted by Tigadee View Post
    Hey matey! Scotland, huh? Land of haggis and kilts... Have fun and look forward to seeing what ride you get!
    Haggis is quite tasty actually!

Here's a photo of the new beast:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12115855_10153088830685952_8988264234418490588_n.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	141.3 KB 
ID:	316717

It's a K3 SV650. Not as much grunt as my old GSXR but it's great for around town. Rode it from Glasgow to Edinburgh the first day I got it then the weekend after I rode it to Nottingham in England (where Robin Hood is from!) which was a 6 hour ride each way.

It runs on regular unleaded and is decent on gas too which is handy, as it's about $2.40/litre here, and that's regular not premium..

Will be investing in some thicker gear soon. Heard bad things about winter riding, especially with how crap the roads are in the city here plus all of the obstacles to deal with, manhole covers galore. I'm gonna try to tough it out and see how I go but if it's as bad as they say I may end up parking the bike up for Jan/Feb when it's really bad.

Thread Information