Thread: South Auckland Street Skills

Bike
    1988 M17 CBR250R Honda
    Oooohh Scotland is gorgeous...

I hear the snow in winter can be a bit entertaining for riding

Bike
    XL1200c Sporty HD
    Blog Entries
    Great to hear from ya mate. WOW!!!!! Smexy wheels, adventures, adverse weather conditions with the prospect of frigid sub zero temperatures in Scotland. Haggis, yeah nah, pass...distilleries...enticing prospect. uuuuu UUUU uuuuu do a foodie adventure or a whisky run and send us copious pics.

Bike
    1988 M17 CBR250R Honda
    Clachaig inn in Glencoe, the haggis and wild boar burger... Mother of god its good.

Also, thistly cross cider, whisky cask aged, worth a taste

Bike
    A black one
    Quote Originally Posted by Maakz View Post
    Great to hear from ya mate. WOW!!!!! Smexy wheels, adventures, adverse weather conditions with the prospect of frigid sub zero temperatures in Scotland. Haggis, yeah nah, pass...distilleries...enticing prospect. uuuuu UUUU uuuuu do a foodie adventure or a whisky run and send us copious pics.
    I was the same way when thinking about haggis but it's really nice. The texture is sort of a cross between mice and stuffing, and it just tastes like meat. Black pudding on the other hand...

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi-on-wheels View Post
    Clachaig inn in Glencoe, the haggis and wild boar burger... Mother of god its good.

Also, thistly cross cider, whisky cask aged, worth a taste
    Ooh, I'll have to go there. I've been through Glencoe a couple times already but haven't stopped anywhere. I've tried Thistle Cross though, wasn't a fan.

Been on a whisky tour in Crieff, where Ewan McGregor grew up, but overdue for another tour soon. There's a big lager brewery near where I live so might go there in due course also!

Bike
    2000 Honda Hornet 600
    Quote Originally Posted by f2dz View Post
    It's a K3 SV650. Not as much grunt as my old GSXR but it's great for around town.
    Nice!

then the weekend after I rode it to Nottingham in England (where Robin Hood is from!) which was a 6 hour ride each way.
    Did ya meet this guy?

Will be investing in some thicker gear soon. Heard bad things about winter riding, especially with how crap the roads are in the city here plus all of the obstacles to deal with, manhole covers galore. I'm gonna try to tough it out and see how I go but if it's as bad as they say I may end up parking the bike up for Jan/Feb when it's really bad.

Been on a whisky tour in Crieff, where Ewan McGregor grew up, but overdue for another tour soon. There's a big lager brewery near where I live so might go there in due course also!
    Oh ho! Jealous!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Your beliefs don't make you a better person, your behaviour does.

Bike
    18 Triumph Street twin
    Definitely missed the SASS rides as of late. Getting quite chilly up here in the north!

Haggis is quite tasty actually!

Here's a photo of the new beast:

Attachment 316717

It's a K3 SV650. Not as much grunt as my old GSXR but it's great for around town. Rode it from Glasgow to Edinburgh the first day I got it then the weekend after I rode it to Nottingham in England (where Robin Hood is from!) which was a 6 hour ride each way.

It runs on regular unleaded and is decent on gas too which is handy, as it's about $2.40/litre here, and that's regular not premium..

Will be investing in some thicker gear soon. Heard bad things about winter riding, especially with how crap the roads are in the city here plus all of the obstacles to deal with, manhole covers galore. I'm gonna try to tough it out and see how I go but if it's as bad as they say I may end up parking the bike up for Jan/Feb when it's really bad.
    Nice new ride and sounds like all the tour's and testing of some fine brews has fun and beautiful veiwing in between stops .
    Is the SV as fun to ride as the GSX-R ?

SASS people when was the last time you checked over you bike
    More the the tyres and chain lube ?
    Gave the triple a good look over as I was doing the brakes and checked the whole bike over and I need a boot up the arse. Cables loose , brake fluid low needed a little oil (a drip but still ) and rear tyre due in 1000kms ( knew about it was due but hadn't checked ) oh and don't over the bolts as a snapped bolt is a pain in the arse to tap out and fix .

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Sorry Ive not been about much of late. Been a bit busy. Cant make this week but will try for next week.

Sharry and I went for a wee pottle with some mates this weekend. I think we can say Sharry is back as 1200ks over the weekend is a solid ride.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12045219_1046850302012673_2667467575356127264_o.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	337.8 KB 
ID:	316850  
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    18 Triumph Street twin
    Quote Originally Posted by nzspokes View Post
    Sorry Ive not been about much of late. Been a bit busy. Cant make this week but will try for next week.

Sharry and I went for a wee pottle with some mates this weekend. I think we can say Sharry is back as 1200ks over the weekend is a solid ride.
    Just a few mates out for a ride is see lol
    Good the hear Sherry is back to form and the 1200 has a nice seat to watch the kms fly by and enjoy the ride

Bike
    A black one
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigadee View Post
    Did ya meet this guy?
    Haha, forgot about him. Some essential viewing for me right there though as we move into the winter months here..

Quote Originally Posted by xXGIBBOXx View Post
    Nice new ride and sounds like all the tour's and testing of some fine brews has fun and beautiful veiwing in between stops .
    Is the SV as fun to ride as the GSX-R ?
    It's fun to ride but I miss the shear grunt of the GSXR. The SV is better around town though for the moment. I miss having a fairing though on the highway.

I may end up trading this in for something else next year for summer. I need someone a bit more touring oriented with more leg room. Thinking Kawasaki Versys or a VStrom perhaps. Will keep ya posted.

Bike
    2000 Honda Hornet 600
    Quote Originally Posted by nzspokes View Post
    I think we can say Sharry is back as 1200ks over the weekend is a solid ride.
    Awesome to hear! Well done, Sharry!

Quote Originally Posted by xXGIBBOXx View Post
    SASS people when was the last time you checked over you bike
    More the the tyres and chain lube ?
    Gave the triple a good look over as I was doing the brakes and checked the whole bike over and I need a boot up the arse. Cables loose , brake fluid low needed a little oil (a drip but still ) and rear tyre due...
    Guilty... Have not even washed her in a few weeks now...
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Your beliefs don't make you a better person, your behaviour does.

Bike
    1988 M17 CBR250R Honda
    Got my new clutch in over the weekend... Holy crap, its a totally different bike. Makes it a lot easier to ride now!!! Will be there tonight, new helmet and boots and all that :-)

Bike
    Honda CBR 600, Harley 1200 Custom
    Just getting my gear on. See you soon.

Bike
    18 Triumph Street twin
    Enjoyed the ride tonight , need to get out more and not just the ride to work and back . Just a bit rusty on the back roads and my night eyes and the play in the car park . Should be back soon

Bike
    Honda CBR 600, Harley 1200 Custom
    I think we are going to get some practice riding in wind tonight.

Bike
    XL1200c Sporty HD
    Blog Entries
    Allo folks, hope yáll are well given this is the silly season and traffics manic. No SASS tonight, ergo the watering hole will be bereft of company should you be inclined to call in. Unlikely to make it to SASS for the rest of Dec so just wanted to wish you all a Merry Christmas festive season.

Thread Information