Page 248 of 379 FirstFirst ... 148198238246247248249250258298348 ... LastLast
Results 3,706 to 3,720 of 5676

Thread: South Auckland Street Skills

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    I got onto the motorway then got drenched. Pretty heavy rain.

Good thing for good gear.

Bike
    Banana
    Quote Originally Posted by f2dz View Post
    I was planning to but I got held up with something else on Saturday night so that meant I wasn't able to make Sunday morning. I'll be trying to come to the next one.

My leathers aren't waterproof either! And after last time I'd prefer it if Peter doesn't waste my chocolate hearts in my coffee by spilling them all over the table..
    That's harsh. Her name was Flo I think. Anyway missed a good learning ride this evening wet road some rain but not a lot. Good practice finding traction as Rob calls it. Went ok apart from a clump of mud in Regis lane. See you next week.

Bike
    2000 Honda Hornet 600
    The only thing now about riding in the rain I dsilike is drying out my gear after, otherwise I'm not nervous about riding on wet roads or in the rain any more. I actually prefer to be able to ride when it rains during work days because of the horrible traffic that usually follows the rain...

Sorry I wasn't there last night, daughter had something on and I had to play chauffuer...
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Your beliefs don't make you a better person, your behaviour does.

Bike
    A rough 2007 Hornet 900
    I wasn't there because I'm useless and thought it was Monday. Went for a good ride up to Wellsford, across to Leigh and then home on Saturday though. First time on gravel on the bandit. And I got to be immature with my big exhaust in the tunnel on the toll road

Bike
    A black one
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandad View Post
    That's harsh. Her name was Flo I think. Anyway missed a good learning ride this evening wet road some rain but not a lot. Good practice finding traction as Rob calls it. Went ok apart from a clump of mud in Regis lane. See you next week.
    I went to the gym instead last night and noticed that it didn't rain at all. Was a bit gutted that I called that wrong, but I got drenched this morning. Karma.

Anyone out and about this weekend? Could be keen for a ride.

Bike
    2017 Street Triple RS
    Just rode up from hamilton on the cbr.... its windy as hell, and the low beam on that thing is terrible. Other than that, seems like a pretty decent bike

I would be keen on a ride sunday arvo if the weather is good, need to test out the new toy in some corners

Bike
    XL1200c Sporty HD
    Blog Entries
    That cutting out in Pirongia scenario wasn't a Halloween tall story...I reckon the smart security system signal from the key fob was compromised by radio and cell phone interference leading to temp machine shutdown and cut off. Once pushed out of interference range it was all hunky dory and had the electrics and everything else checked over once home. Remember, it was along the side of the road reserve...right where cabling and service lines would have been installed and there are in ground signal pads at either extent of town and new tower runs put in not too far away. I'd forgotten about that.

Bike
    Banana
    Quote Originally Posted by Maakz View Post
    That cutting out in Pirongia scenario wasn't a Halloween tall story...I reckon the smart security system signal from the key fob was compromised by radio and cell phone interference leading to temp machine shutdown and cut off. Once pushed out of interference range it was all hunky dory and had the electrics and everything else checked over once home. Remember, it was along the side of the road reserve...right where cabling and service lines would have been installed and there are in ground signal pads at either extent of town and new tower runs put in not too far away. I'd forgotten about that.
    I liked the first version of reasoning. Sounded much more mysterious and possible. Oh well i guess if you can replicate it it would solve the puzzle.

Bike
    A black one
    Quote Originally Posted by bawked View Post
    I would be keen on a ride sunday arvo if the weather is good, need to test out the new toy in some corners
    I might be keen but depends how my Sunday morning goes, might be busy. I'll flick ya a txt if not.

Quote Originally Posted by Sis View Post
    Word going around is that the cops are planning a blitz on bikes in Nov. Everything from regos and WOFs to speed. They often pick on bikes at the beginning of summer as some riders have had their bike regos on hold, and get the bike out before the wallet.
    Saw a cop on the Wellesley St/Port offramp today pinging bikes. Luckily he had pulled another over already so I wasn't picked up. Too close.

Bike
    Honda CBR 600, Harley 1200 Custom
    Quote Originally Posted by f2dz View Post
    I might be keen but depends how my Sunday morning goes, might be busy. I'll flick ya a txt if not.

Saw a cop on the Wellesley St/Port offramp today pinging bikes. Luckily he had pulled another over already so I wasn't picked up. Too close.
    All in the attitude, as I have proven. You need to ask at SASS. I wasn't even asked for my license. Talked about Harleys as opposed to CBRs.
    Mind you , it could have been the girl card. Or the grey hair card. Whatever. It worked.

Bike
    18 Triumph Street twin
    Quote Originally Posted by Sis View Post
    All in the attitude, as I have proven. You need to ask at SASS. I wasn't even asked for my license. Talked about Harleys as opposed to CBRs.
    Mind you , it could have been the girl card. Or the grey hair card. Whatever. It worked.
    Hard out it's all in the attitude, the 400 was cop bait loud and I was all ways ringing it's nuts off . Got lots of finger pointing but no tickets on bike .helmet off and not being a dick goes a long way .
    hope all is well peeps ! Little man is keeping us busy and full of smiles

Bike
    2006 c50 uncle bully
    Just got a few sqirts of paint on to freshen up the tank...now i feel the need for a late nite ride...anyone keen...thinkin k road for coffee...leavin drury bout 930pmish...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141101_202327.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	534.0 KB 
ID:	304832  

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Looks great!

Past my bed time......

Bike
    XL1200c Sporty HD
    Blog Entries
    Damn!!! Wished I'd seen it sooner, was up for a night ride. Never mind, next one.

Bike
    2017 Street Triple RS
    Back in Auckland now so taking the CBR out for a test run, hopefully this rain holds out.

edit: Well it held out, and wow!! The cbr is a beast, blows my zxr away in terms of power and ride-ability I think.

Thread Information