Page 322 of 379 FirstFirst ... 222272312320321322323324332372 ... LastLast
Results 4,816 to 4,830 of 5676

Thread: South Auckland Street Skills

Bike
    CB1300
    Congrats on not ending up a part of the melee.

I am sure the Southern has a neutraliser at each bend.

I had a bit of a moment on the southern today too.
    Northbound on the approach to the bridge (right hand wheel track of the right hand lane at a nice steady 100) in Takanini a car driver in my peripheral vision seemed to forget he was driving. Just stopped paying attention to what he was doing to look closely at his thumb and in doing so speared into my lane.
    Based on trajectory he was not aware of the lane change or the rapidly approaching collision with a barrier, let alone me first. Quick assessment of the options: braking very risky. Tailgater.
    Nowhere to go forwards without lane splitting or getting on the shoulder.

Horn long and hard got him back in his lane. He seemed very surprised to find he was approaching a barrier at about 45 degrees. He also seemed a lot surprised he was driving.
    Not sure if he was in more danger of hitting the tow truck or rolling the car but I was glad to be in one piece.

Stupid phone / Tapatalk, apologies in advance.

Bike
    Silly season appears to have arrived early all right. Even riding out of town they are still there. Rode down to our fav cafe at waitakaruru via kaiaua this morn and they were there too. Either 80 km in 100 area or using my side of the road on left handers. Great ride back though. Road a bit dryer and plenty other 2 wheelers. Kaiaua still popular ice cream stop

Bike
    2000 Honda Hornet 600
    Wow, you peeps have exciting commutes! LOL

Glad you're all safe!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Your beliefs don't make you a better person, your behaviour does.

Bike
    XL1200c Sporty HD
    Blog Entries
    Glad u made it unscathed Big Dog. Yes, Takanini is a hotspot for trouble. Beats me how some drivers totally zone out? Duh...high risk activity driving, wits about ya! Granda, love that chippie stop and watering hole. Mmmm dunno if i'll make it tonight, works conspiring to keep me here. If um not there by the time you're ready to roll then catch y'all up next SASS.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Sorry I home with a cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    A black one
    Won't be able to make it tonight unfortunately. Been sick for about a week now - got a doctor's appointment in the morning.

Getting a service and new tyres next Tuesday so if I can manage to scrub in ma tyres enough on the way home I'll be there.

Bike
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 RR
    Quote Originally Posted by f2dz View Post
    Won't be able to make it tonight unfortunately. Been sick for about a week now - got a doctor's appointment in the morning.

Getting a service and new tyres next Tuesday so if I can manage to scrub in ma tyres enough on the way home I'll be there.
    Or you could just consider SASS a good opportunity to scrub in said tyres Assuming of course that you believe in the whole concept of scrubbing in tyres

Bike
    2015 KTM RC390
    Hey I haven't ridden with you guys before but am keen to come out tonight. If that's cool where and when are you meeting?

Bike
    Honda CBR 600, Harley 1200 Custom
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikard View Post
    Hey I haven't ridden with you guys before but am keen to come out tonight. If that's cool where and when are you meeting?
    Hi
    We meet at the Takanini Z Station on the corner of Great South Road and Taka St. It has a Burger KIng at the back (should you need something to eat)
    We leave there about 7 pm so I need to get my gear on and get down there.
    Hope to see you there.

Bike
    2015 KTM RC390
    Quote Originally Posted by Sis View Post
    Hi
    We meet at the Takanini Z Station on the corner of Great South Road and Taka St. It has a Burger KIng at the back (should you need something to eat)
    We leave there about 7 pm so I need to get my gear on and get down there.
    Hope to see you there.
    Hey mate thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I have a hairline crack on my alternator cover which has widened (jumped into my garage with all me gear on to see a puddle of oil under my bike). Drained all the oil and pulled off the cover to get welded tomorrow so might try to make it to the north shore meet tomorrow!

Bike
    A black one
    Quote Originally Posted by aws View Post
    Or you could just consider SASS a good opportunity to scrub in said tyres Assuming of course that you believe in the whole concept of scrubbing in tyres
    I believe in it to an extent! I went easy on my last set of Bridgys for maybe 20km before riding like normal again.

My new tyres are some cheaper Continentals but I think they may come 'pre-scrubbed'. ie. not so shiny shiny

Bike
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 RR
    I believe in it to an extent! I went easy on my last set of Bridgys for maybe 20km before riding like normal again.

My new tyres are some cheaper Continentals but I think they may come 'pre-scrubbed'. ie. not so shiny shiny
    I had some of those Contis once. It is just a micro texture cast into the tyre. Looks really cool - for a tyre!

Bike
    2000 Honda Hornet 600
    Conti's technology for their tyre surface is great. Rode my Contis from new like normal, never a slip or slide... Much grip, so confident, wow!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Your beliefs don't make you a better person, your behaviour does.

Bike
    18 Triumph Street twin
    Hey peeps hope all is well , I have my full now ! Yeah I know about time boy and all that jazz . Brought a new toy , 2008 street triple , with 15000 mms on the clock 😁 fun new toy like riding a magic carpet sitting on the bike rather that in the bike like the 500 . Just need a name for her now ? Will post pictures soon 😁

Bike
    Honda CBR 600, Harley 1200 Custom
    Quote Originally Posted by xXGIBBOXx View Post
    Hey peeps hope all is well , I have my full now ! Yeah I know about time boy and all that jazz . Brought a new toy , 2008 street triple , with 15000 mms on the clock 😁 fun new toy like riding a magic carpet sitting on the bike rather that in the bike like the 500 . Just need a name for her now ? Will post pictures soon 😁
    Congrataulations on your license and ride.

We will let you off the pics as long as you bring it along to SASS.

Thread Information