Page 220 of 379 FirstFirst ... 120170210218219220221222230270320 ... LastLast
Results 3,286 to 3,300 of 5676

Thread: South Auckland Street Skills

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by xXGIBBOXx View Post
    Anyone know of a quite car park or the likes to have a play ? I can do one from a stand still but want to do from a roll on so need a bit of space it bring it down and not piss the world off .
    Ask Ducatilover, he has a whole thread about it.

Bike
    CB1300

South Auckland Street Skills

Quote Originally Posted by eldog View Post
    Ta, just like buying anything got to weight pros and cons and see if it suitable for use. so Now I will have to look.
    My learnings from spending too much money and not getting the results I wanted.
    I hope you find some savings in my learnings.

Key details when buying a camera are lens, sensor, recording medium, battery life and fitness for purpose.
    Lens:10mm diameter should be a minimum for action. Good results can be had with less but this will be unreliable at best. Glass optics are better. Coated and or ground is best.
    Plastic is cheaper. A lot cheaper. Good for risky stuff. Painful to try and get good crisp results.

Sensor is important. CMOS are cheaper but needs more processing or a higher sensor count.

Frames per second (FPS), 30 is adequate for walking pace but 60 is minimum for action unless you are happy to have the picture paginate, or break up into little squares along the edges of moving things. Over 60 FPS picture appears clearer even if it is not.

Storage, you will need about a gb per hour at 720p 60fps. More if you want higher res, sound etc. 6 hours you'll need 6gb plus a spare amount for the length of your last clip. Eg if you film in 1gb clips you need 1gb of cache left on your disk or the last file may be corrupted, or not even save. All of this needs to go somewhere when it comes out if the camera. Buy storage for your camera in the fastest class acceptable or action clips can corrupt. Losing shots because of a cheap or second hand disk sucks.

Editing. If you only have 1gb of available ram on your PC keep your files shorter than 1gb. Or you can speed processing of edits up by recoding in half GB size chunks. Staring the obvious but that scales. To properly edit 4gb files you need either a super fast processor and disks or 4gb of available ram.
    I did not know this when I first got my cam consequence is I have a lot of unedited footage. Useless because it is hours of footage with only a few interesting bits.

Stupid phone / Tapatalk, apologies in advance.

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dog View Post
    My learnings from spending too much money and not getting the results I wanted.
    I hope you find some savings in my learnings.

Key details when buying a camera are lens, sensor, recording medium, battery life and fitness for purpose.
    Lens:10mm diameter should be a minimum for action. Glass optics are better. Coated and or ground is best.
    Plastic is cheaper. A lot cheaper. Good for risky stuff. Painful to try and get good crisp results.

Sensor is important. CMOS are cheaper but needs more processing or a higher sensor count.

Frames per second (FPS), 30 is adequate for walking pace but 60 is minimum for action unless you are happy to have the picture paginate, or break up into little squares along the edges of moving things. Over 60 FPS picture appears clearer even if it is not.

Storage, you will need about a gb per hour at 720p 60fps. More if you want higher res, sound etc. 6 hours you'll need 6gb plus a spare amount for the length of your last clip. Eg if you film in 1gb clips you need 1gb of cache left on your disk or the last file may be corrupted, or not even save. All of this needs to go somewhere when it comes out if the camera. Buy storage for your camera in the fastest class acceptable or action clips can corrupt. Losing shots because of a cheap or second hand disk sucks.

Editing. If you only have 1gb of available ram on your PC keep your files shorter than 1gb. Or you can speed processing of edits up by recoding in half GB size chunks. Staring the obvious but that scales. To properly edit 4gb files you need either a super fast processor and disks or 4gb of available ram.
    I did not know this when I first got my cam consequence is I have a lot of unedited footage. Useless because it is hours of footage with only a few interesting bits.

I have found the same in another previous project involving recording stuff.(which reminds me I have to finish that one this year)
    good to be reminded

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    18 Triumph Street twin
    Quote Originally Posted by nzspokes View Post
    Ask Ducatilover, he has a whole thread about it.
    I have meet him funny as guy . I know how to do them .lol just want some flat road with no one round

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    I know how to do them
    Famous last words.

Bike
    18 Triumph Street twin
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Famous last words.
    And what ? never said I was good at it

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    And what ? never said I was good at it
    Employ the buddy system, always. Don't go practicing wheelies without a spotter. I'm better than most, and I still put a footpeg through my ankle joint, at walking pace.

Bike
    Quiet plodder

Do you know and checked your tyre pressures - regularily?

Sometimes the obvious can be overlooked esp when a bike is parked on centre stand
    OK I already know real bikes don't need a centre stand, but I find it convenient for mods and maintenance

Was really surprised when I actually check tyre pressure, they looked and felt rock hard.
    I normally check then weekly, but I had forgotten to check as I hadn't ridden her for a while.

So the question is have you checked YOURS

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    18 Triumph Street twin
    Quote Originally Posted by eldog View Post

So the question is have you checked YOURS
    Every week on a Friday , tyres in the morning and chain lube and check over with a torch on the track stand at night . It needs a wash been ages over two months . I blame all the crap weather

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    Every week on a Friday , tyres in the morning and chain lube and check over with a torch on the track stand at night . It needs a wash been ages over two months . I blame all the crap weather
    OMG Friday! what happened to beer and crisps.

Sounds like the plan, usually rushing to work, but I do it on Mondays evenings mostly, its so relaxing to check the bike over. I am getting the hang of what to look for and do from yous fellas at SASS. Its a gentle wind down from work and crap TV. Going to make a label to attach to bike to remind me about what pressures to set.

Yeah a wash thats this weekend before a ride Sunday I reckon .

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    CB1300
    My first bike mechanic swore by give the bike a good wash after the first good downpour them don't wash again till summer weather arrives if you are a daily rider. Give it a good clean if the bike will not be ridden for a week. Keep forks and shock seals and travel clean.

I can't say it is a better system than washing and lubing the bike after every ride, but it seems to work better than weekly bucket clean and it is something I have time for.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    My first bike mechanic swore by give the bike a good wash after the first good downpour them don't wash again till summer weather arrives if you are a daily rider. Give it a good clean if the bike will not be ridden for a week. Keep forks and shock seals and travel clean.

I can't say it is a better system than washing and lubing the bike after every ride, but it seems to work better than weekly bucket clean and it is something I have time for.

Sounds to like he was just lazy. A weekly wash is a great way to check all of the bike.

Who has lubed the bikes fork seals recently?

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Im intrigued now, must try mine at night. May bring it to the next Sass.
    Getting it out now but dont expect much from it at night.

Bike
    CB1300
    Sounds to like he was just lazy. A weekly wash is a great way to check all of the bike.

Who has lubed the bikes fork seals recently?
    Maybe that is why I buy it? I don't have 2 hours a week for a proper clean.
    Can't say I have ever heard of lubing fork seals. How? With what? How often?

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Maybe that is why I buy it? I don't have 2 hours a week for a proper clean.
    Can't say I have ever heard of lubing fork seals. How? With what? How often?

So when do you safety check your motorcycle? And how? Im not talking creating a showbike but a basic clean that keeps grime building up on critical areas like brakes, fork tubes, shock shafts, etc. This would take half an hour at worst. Good time to check all your bulbs to. I may go through this as a topic tonight.

Fork seals? Do it by flaring the seals, there is a technique to it. Any fine clean grease will do and every few months. Very important if you have a bike with coated fork tubes. Very simple to do and takes 10 mins.

Thread Information