Page 337 of 379 FirstFirst ... 237287327335336337338339347 ... LastLast
Results 5,041 to 5,055 of 5676

Thread: South Auckland Street Skills

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    Quote Originally Posted by aws View Post
    We've got no hot water cupboard at the moment, so I just hang the gear in the garage with a pedestal fan in front of it. Seems to dry OK overnight.
    No HW cupboard, that's a bummer.

Had to replace HW cylinder a few months back after small flood.
    Got one of those new Ceramic/Porcelain jobbies, originally a low pressure system, upped the pressure with new tank (its designed for it)
    I used to be able to piss faster, now actually able to have a shower and adjust temp - before was a hit and a miss affair.

So far I haven't gotten wet when riding, maybe its the BMW logo , or that I go too fast

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwi-on-wheels View Post
    Yeah got it all set up in my bathroom with dehumidifier and heater, gear was dry in 6 hours lol nice and toasty this morning hahaha
    You'all mention gear getting wet and drying

what about gloves and boots?

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    Quiet plodder

Tool Roll

https://youtu.be/zsLPIMr6MWc

comes with first aid kit like we discussed last Tues

KB recommended

I gotta get one of these

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 RR
    Our cylinder went a couple of days before Christmas. So we ripped it out and put in an instant gas unit. Endless mains pressure hot showers . Just no hw cupboard. But that will be fixed during our renovation with a small electric cupboard heater.

Boots don't get wet inside and outside dries quickly so not really an issue. Gloves don't really get wet inside and fan overnight is normally enough for the outside.

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    Our cylinder went a couple of days before Christmas. So we ripped it out and put in an instant gas unit. Endless mains pressure hot showers . Just no hw cupboard. But that will be fixed during our renovation with a small electric cupboard heater.

Boots don't get wet inside and outside dries quickly so not really an issue. Gloves don't really get wet inside and fan overnight is normally enough for the outside.
    HWC = Cool, that was my option too, stuck with electric, replaced all other valves in house of the same age/type too as a precaution
    had to save a bit of moolah to get it done properly.

Boots/gloves mostly damp from me. I put that snowseal you recommended on - it helps

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by eldog View Post

Boots/gloves mostly damp from me. I put that snowseal you recommended on - it helps
    To be fair, my gloves were starting to leak a bit after about 4 years, so I bought a new pair last winter. The idea was that I could rotate them if they got wet. Also, I take a spare pair with me on really wet days so that I can wear dry gloves home if I can't dry them during the day at work.

Bike
    Guess what happened to me on the Newmarket viaduct this morning...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150527_204802.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	613.6 KB 
ID:	312371

Bike
    1988 M17 CBR250R Honda
    Nail in tyre? Bugger!!!!

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Guess what happened to me on the Newmarket viaduct this morning...
    You decided your bike really needs a clean?
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    XL1200c Sporty HD
    Blog Entries
    Front wheel punctured by truck bolt aws? Doesn't explain what happened to ur fender?

Re sodden gear...current place has nice hot water cupboard storage and good insulated garage where I can hang stuff to dry quite nicely BUT I also have several sets of gear I switch between. Four sets of gloves - summer and winter and some inner thermal ones from katmandu, otherwise black fitted latex disposables purchased at tattoo parlours or in a pinch the white ones do well inside summers along with heat packets. Always carry a second pair of gloves with me. Dubb me boots and trench now and then and rug up nicely (layers etc). Quite toasty on the tractor...need to get a new face sock though, me old faithfuls falling to bits.

Missed you and Tig at SASS Granda and hope alls well? Good to see eldog and adventurer Mark at the watering hole.

We still need to sit down and nut out worst case scenario plan, talk and perhaps think about who carries what, I kinda thought if we could all carry atleast one key item each that'd be a start. Then no one persons loaded with everything. But I don't want to be too fixated onnit OK.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by nzspokes View Post
    You decided your bike really needs a clean?
    Haha, I wondered if someone would make a crack about that. I did actually give it a quick wipe before I took the photo, but it dried and still looks grubby as. Problem at the moment is I'm having to ride thru a vacant section to park my bike in our rear shed while our house alterations are underway. No win job trying to keep it clean in those conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Maakz View Post
    Front wheel punctured by truck bolt aws? Doesn't explain what happened to ur fender?
    Well spotted - and not so well spotted. Look again. that's a rear tyre, and it is the "hugger" not the front guard that has sustained the damage.

Must have been a nail I picked up - made a hang of a racket for a few seconds before flicking out. Was still handling OK, so I wasn't too worried. I knew the tyre had picked up something, but didn't even occur to me that it might be punctured. I've hardly ever had bike punctures. Then the handling went to pieces on Khyber Pass, so I pulled over and had next to no air left in the tyre. Managed to ride it over the road and up the footpath to the TyrePlus in Newmarket. I was just wondering what to do, and the guy offered to put some air in it for me, then I remembered my plug kit. He said - no worries, I can put a temp plug in it for you. First one didn't seal. Second one did (just). Didn't even charge me - what a bloke!

Took it to the bike shop for a proper repair and they said it was about a 10 mm hole on the inside. Must have been a nail or something and it has caught on the hugger, and that catching every revolution must have been what pulled it out and left it in the middle of the fast lane on the viaduct! Anyway, probably just as well I went straight away to get a proper repair, as that temp plug can't have been holding on to very much in a hole that size!

Bike
    XL1200c Sporty HD
    Blog Entries
    Oh hahaha, no idea about anything non tractory Bit of morning drama for ya, nicely handled. Good chap who helped ya out, not many of those around. Jeepers, i'd be pissed off at a puncture.

Bike
    2000 Honda Hornet 600
    Essential info for the newbies to SASS:
    South Auckland Street Skills or SASS

WHAT: Learning and improving Riding Skills
    WHEN: Tuesday Nights
    WHERE: Meet at Z (ex-Shell) Service Station, Cnr Great South Road and Taka St, TAKANINI (the one with a Burger King)
    WHO: Riders new and old, and anyone getting back into Motorcycling (must be legal & hold a motorcycle license).
    Weather and venue permitting - Heavy Rain may mean that we are watching DVDs. Showers are OK, look on the thread for more up-to-date information.
    Depending on the number of riders and their experience levels, a short ride may be included to practice further skills. If there are enough riders, some nights can be split into two different groups.

Some nights may include:
    Practicing essential skills and techniques in a quiet carpark
    On-the-road practice which may see you doing up to a 1hr - 1 1/2hr ride.

WHY:
    - Practice essential skills for staying alive on the road.
    - Practical help with your riding.
    - Fun times with fellow riders, with great stories and discussions.
    - Build friendships, solicit advice and pick-up riding tips.

MEET at Z station Takanini -----------> before 6.55pm

START ride -----------------------------> 7pm

FINISH ride at ex-Manukau City Council car park for slow-speed safety exercises -----> usually 8pm-8.15pm
    (next to the new Manukau train station & opp. police station)

SOCIAL time @ BRONCOS after car park exercises -----------> 8.45pm-ish

Cost: Nil, nada, zip, zero, nothing... Just your time and attention.

Details of what will be happening each week will be posted on this thread. So kick the tires and light the fires... Let's ride, aSASSins ©!

Disclaimer:
    The SASS activity is intended to give any riders advice on their riding and to practice their skills in a safe and relaxed environment. The organisers of SASS are NOT responsible for any rider, their machines and/or any persons involved. All people attending SASS do so at their own risk.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Your beliefs don't make you a better person, your behaviour does.

Bike
    2000 Honda Hornet 600
    Bugger, AWS! That's a shame...

Looks like the bike's a loss - I'll buy it off you for $11 and two bags of chips (I'm feeling generous since I'm temporarily bikeless).
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Your beliefs don't make you a better person, your behaviour does.

Bike
    CB1300
    Quote Originally Posted by eldog View Post
    You'all mention gear getting wet and drying

what about gloves and boots?
    Gloves and boots normally don't get intolerable.
    If they do I have found sterile beer bottle rock.
    Chuck the neck of a warm one up each digit in turn so you know the finger linings are in the fingers, then leave them standing with the neck up the middle finger ( or a finger that let's the glove balance ) if it will be a day or two leave in the window.
    If you are out and about leave them on your muffler.
    If you are at home or work and they are not running wet leave them on your PC case.

Boots I stuff with paper, change and leave till following day otherwise the same as any other gear.

Stupid phone / Tapatalk, apologies in advance.

Thread Information