Page 269 of 379 FirstFirst ... 169219259267268269270271279319369 ... LastLast
Results 4,021 to 4,035 of 5676

Thread: South Auckland Street Skills

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dog View Post
    One thing all these record as they speak videos have in common is the rider clearly demonstrates how little distraction it takes to affect your riding. Clearly competent riders are no where near as smooth when speaking and their clear space out front is far more elastic.

Stupid phone / Tapatalk, apologies in advance.
    Ive done training just like this and found it very good. That is why it is a very popular form of training in England.

Bike
    A black one
    Got my office Xmas party tomorrow so won't be there.

I'll be going riding during the break and probably do a big one between Xmas day and New Years if anyone's keen. I'll post it up here.

Also be heading along to the ART training day on the 11th of Jan. Thinking of doing the Taupo one the weekend after but gotta figure out if I have the funds to do it all, as well as source a trailer to lug my bike down/or find someone to stay with down there.

Mery Xmas all anyway. Have a good ride tomorrow.

Bike
    CB1300
    Quote Originally Posted by nzspokes View Post
    Ive done training just like this and found it very good. That is why it is a very popular form of training in England.
    I am not saying it's not valid training. I am saying if such a small thing makes such a noticeable difference to the riding of an experienced and competent rider we all need to take care to keep our own level of distractions within manageable levels.

Some people will find the presence of a clock on the dash sufficient to reduce their attention span. Others have handlebars that look like the cockpit of a spaceship.

Talking reduces the available processing power quite dramatically. This is even more dramatic if you have to think about your answers.
    E.G. I ride with a BT in my helmet. I answer the phone at least a couple of times a month. But if I have to think about the answers I pull over to talk.
    I am sure if you rode with an intercom every day it would be less distracting, but it still is.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dog View Post
    I am not saying it's not valid training. I am saying if such a small thing makes such a noticeable difference to the riding of an experienced and competent rider we all need to take care to keep our own level of distractions within manageable levels.

Some people will find the presence of a clock on the dash sufficient to reduce their attention span. Others have handlebars that look like the cockpit of a spaceship.

Talking reduces the available processing power quite dramatically. This is even more dramatic if you have to think about your answers.
    E.G. I ride with a BT in my helmet. I answer the phone at least a couple of times a month. But if I have to think about the answers I pull over to talk.
    I am sure if you rode with an intercom every day it would be less distracting, but it still is.

I found it quite easy and you got instant feedback. Also when I had my turn you realize how much you are looking at, scanning, checking your motorcycle function and on top of that formulating into comprehend able language. Again I found it easy. Shame we dont have headsets at Sass.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by aws View Post
    Man that instructor was annoying! Couldn't watch much of that.
    Be thankful we dont have headsets, I talk about all kinda crap when riding. I dont sing.

Bike
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 RR
    Be thankful we dont have headsets, I talk about all kinda crap when riding. I dont sing.
    I can see that there would be merit in getting some instant feedback as you go, but that constant jabbering in my ear would drive me nuts.

I'm not surprised the rider was nervous and struggling with smoothness with all that feedback overload distracting him.

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    Some have head sets so they get the automated breathe in breathe out message......

I doubt the boys (us) would get a word in, and yes there is someone who sings

For some it would be a nice option, there should be talkers and listeners, those who dont need it, those who should listen and learn. Each and everyone has different needs and abilities (some arent interested in all the technical stuff they just want to know about their riding)

It could be an informal option but there are so many types it would be currently hopeless - IMO

A bit like getting people to take the roles of Leader and Tec - some are ready, some are not sure, some need some encouragement, others dont want to just yet, some dont want to. It was a really good idea and it needs to be tailored to suit.

As I have been told SASS isnt a formal training ground (I knew this). Its upto individuals to ask questions. So if you have them ask.

Will the singer amongst us please stand up

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    but that constant jabbering in my ear would drive me nuts.
    Your married, you should be used to it by now.

Bike
    2000 Honda Hornet 600
    I still have my black FZ1. It is currently on the market - one careful lady owner
    You looked great riding around in those heels on your FZ1...

I found it quite easy and you got instant feedback. Also when I had my turn you realize how much you are looking at, scanning, checking your motorcycle function and on top of that formulating into comprehend able language. Again I found it easy. Shame we dont have headsets at Sass.
    You must be a woman, since that's "multi-tasking" you're talking about!

Your married, you should be used to it by now.

*you're*
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Your beliefs don't make you a better person, your behaviour does.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    My vote is for a Kaiaua loop ride tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    Xmas work party today
    enjoy the ride - K would be nice

Enjoy the break, be safe, be seen, be heard, becarful (pun)
    have a good one.

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    2011, Kawasaki Vulcan VN900 Classic
    Hi guys, I don't think I can make it tonight. Have got a few things to tidy up at work before the break. In case I don't see you before, have a merry Christmas and a great new year. Hopefully I should be able to come along on a ride later on during the week.
    VN 900 Classic- STOCK!!!!

Bike
    2000 Honda Hornet 600
    Sorry, bike playing up again. Doesn't start up well (i.e. not first pop like normal), may be the rec-reg or alternator not charging the battery as it should...

Be safe, be well and have a happy holiday, everyone! I shall return in Jan 2015!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Your beliefs don't make you a better person, your behaviour does.

Bike
    XL1200c Sporty HD
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up

I wouldn't mind a Kaiaua loop ride tonight...to those of you I won't see tonight...have a great Chrissy and wonderful break from work if ones pencilled in. Festive tidings to you and your families. Safe journey all. I will see yáll who'll ride tonight at our rendezvous point.

Bike
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 RR
    Hoping to get there tonight. Must remember to their my puncture kit in the top box. ;-)

Thread Information