Page 312 of 379 FirstFirst ... 212262302310311312313314322362 ... LastLast
Results 4,666 to 4,680 of 5676

Thread: South Auckland Street Skills

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Ok you Orrible lot. Your homework for next week is to get your hands on a 3B1 note book or the likes.

On the front page I want you to write down as many specifications of YOUR motorcycle as you can find either in your manual or online. The one you will need for this time will be front suspension travel.

Bring the book and a pen along with you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    XL1200c Sporty HD
    Blog Entries
    Anyone know the deetz of the biker downed on Meremere the other day...um pondering how in the hell that happened?

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by Maakz View Post
    Anyone know the deetz of the biker downed on Meremere the other day...um pondering how in the hell that happened?
    Yes, Sadly I do. Lets not talk about it here please.

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    SASS Challenge #1

For me a Challenge is something that takes me out of my comfort zone, it may or maynot be possible to achieve. It may mean that extra work or something else is required to achieve goal.
    It doesnt mean life or death type of experience, this is a thread for learners. It is to enhance the understanding between rider and bike, develop a relationship that enhances the ride and enjoyment while on and off the road. It will require some thought about rider and bike capability.
    It may require risk but you will be in control, you need to plan and access any risks you encounter.
    Above all i will remind you YOU ARE RESPONCIBILE FOR YOUR RIDE.

In doing this challenge you may need to get assistance from others you trust, it doesnt need to be done in one go. It may require you to stop and get refreshmnents or take a break and walk around, check the bike or map etc. For those crafty buggers it doesnt mean refueling mid run or putting the bike on stands or altering any part on the bike (like a bigger sprocket). If you cheat then you are only cheating yourself and your own self repect. It isnt a time based event, speed is governed by the standard road rules. Yes its based on the road not a track. Standard fuel not Avgas - SPOKES. Sounds complicated right? Its easy, as long as you keep yourself safe.

If you have been riding for a while, (some of you have) then you will know what you current expected tank range is. The challenge here is to run 50% further on one tank (the one you usually have). You may take a reserve fuel to get you to a petrol supply as a backup, but not counted in this challenge. Using normal Road rules and keeping off the State highways as much as possible try and keep this to a minimum say at least under 50% of the total ride. Keep the use of the same stretch of road in either direction to less than 10-20%. It will take some planning and maybe a few rides to sort out what you are capable of. You might need to do it over several runs or take breaks whenever. You decide, the reward is knowing that you can plan and be in control with your bike.

So for most their range is typically 200k, at 50% this would mean 300k trip on one tank.
    I suspect true sports bikes I would look at say 25% extra range. You decide what you feel is a challenge. BMW 1200 GS riders with a standard range I would guess of 600k (maybe more?) at 50% 900k would be your goal.

Anyway it is a test of bike and rider combination, see what you can do. Remember to keep your fluids and stop brakes up as this will help with concentration, good road position to make best use of lines (economy) and smoothness.

have fun. Eldog For those experts, extend yourself further, I will still catch you.

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    I pretty much do it on Sass every Sass night.

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    Quote Originally Posted by nzspokes View Post
    I pretty much do it on Sass every Sass night.
    then you need to increase the %, increase 50% to 75%. then see what happens. it supposed to be a challenge if you can do it reguarliy then its not a challenge its what you could do without effort. reduce motorway use to 5% and remember no using the same road in opposite direction <5%. if you can do 100% increase then that would excellent

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    XL1200c Sporty HD
    Blog Entries
    And um sorry to read that Spokey. Enough said, we'll catch up at a later date. Was waiting the week out and allowing enough time for my friends and family to check in. Thankfully no news I took as good news. Anyone know what caused the late traffic gridlock tonight on SH1? Hit the motorway after work at 7pm and it was chocka, so I filtered to Greville then through Epsom, got on SH20 then got off at Manukau... buggered off to Wendys for tea for half an hour til things calmed down, got back on but still bloody chocka? Was it symptomatic of the grotty weather or what? Miffed.

Bike
    And um sorry to read that Spokey. Enough said, we'll catch up at a later date. Was waiting the week out and allowing enough time for my friends and family to check in. Thankfully no news I took as good news. Anyone know what caused the late traffic gridlock tonight on SH1? Hit the motorway after work at 7pm and it was chocka, so I filtered to Greville then through Epsom, got on SH20 then got off at Manukau... buggered off to Wendys for tea for half an hour til things calmed down, got back on but still bloody chocka? Was it symptomatic of the grotty weather or what? Miffed.
    Noticed it was heavier than usual. Went out for my evening ride and even the back road, Mill etc was busy. Went out for wet road experience but most had dried out by the time I got to Maraetai. Never mind winter coming plenty of time. What was the biking event south this weekend - lots of bikes going south.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    I dont know about the southern but there was a big one in Blockhouse bay, road closed etc. Car crash.

Sorry, the other one is a little raw at the moment.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by granda View Post
    Noticed it was heavier than usual. Went out for my evening ride and even the back road, Mill etc was busy. Went out for wet road experience but most had dried out by the time I got to Maraetai. Never mind winter coming plenty of time. What was the biking event south this weekend - lots of bikes going south.
    How was your big ride down country?

Bike
    How was your big ride down country?

Absolutely brilliant. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Stayed at Whanga pub. What a great place. Do need to get more experience on gravel though. Was a bit tentitive going through it. Had great weather and pillion keen to do another one so all good

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by granda View Post
    Absolutely brilliant. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Stayed at Whanga pub. What a great place. Do need to get more experience on gravel though. Was a bit tentitive going through it. Had great weather and pillion keen to do another one so all good
    Sweet. Glad it worked out. Suspension made it better?

I Busarised the B12 last night and it will be tons better for 2 up. Now saving for a flash seat.

Bike
    Sweet. Glad it worked out. Suspension made it better?

I Busarised the B12 last night and it will be tons better for 2 up. Now saving for a flash seat.
    Have to buy a crowbar to pry you two off it now. Great you are both able to enjoy it

Bike
    XL1200c Sporty HD
    Blog Entries
    Don't worry bout it Spokey. hmmmm I like the term BUSARISED...wish I could busarise my tractor at times but eh, I did opt to cruise around as opposed to rocket round... Granda am so jelli of ur adventures and kudos on the self initiated wet riding practice. Yeah, autumns comin, rain season...yeow yeow.

Bike
    Don't worry bout it Spokey. hmmmm I like the term BUSARISED...granda am so jelli of ur adventures and kudos on the self initiated wet riding practice. Yeah, autumns comin, rain season...yeow yeow.
    I think I have a long way to go to catch up with the k's you have clocked. Will definately be doing more. Just cant beat it.

Thread Information