Page 288 of 379 FirstFirst ... 188238278286287288289290298338 ... LastLast
Results 4,306 to 4,320 of 5676

Thread: South Auckland Street Skills

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    Quote Originally Posted by nzspokes View Post
    With a bike like that full revs out of a turn can be a bad thing as it will lead to highsides. You need to get the bike upright before full throttle. And on the straights with the amount of traffic you dont want to end up hitting somebody.

The guy on the R1 was leaning his upper body but not the bike, looked very awkward.
    just thought the revs were a little low, wasnt thinking full revs, just make it easier to add as you exit..
    thought the idea of track days was that the traffic is limited so you could get more time to practise byself without having to worry about others.
    are there instructors following you, or was this the end blat around the track?

R1 guy looked like how i feel i ride, this i want to improve

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by eldog View Post
    just thought the revs were a little low, wasnt thinking full revs, just make it easier to add as you exit..
    thought the idea of track days was that the traffic is limited so you could get more time to practise byself without having to worry about others.
    are there instructors following you, or was this the end blat around the track?

R1 guy looked like how i feel i ride, this i want to improve
    We were at the quicker end of the group which means you come up on others faster. There is not many riders out in each group. Also this is group 2 so a big step up from G1.

Instructors are in the yellow Highvis.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    nice clear vid.
    keep the revs up f2dz. revs are your friend. even on the almighty scorpio
    that guy who came off reminds me of what i want to avoid
    just my 2c (tell me if i am wrong)
    My pillion seat is free this week if you want to give it a go. Position is much better from when you last sat on it.

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    My pillion seat is free this week if you want to give it a go. Position is much better from when you last sat on it.
    Thanks for the offer I wont be there this week, already booked out
    Position change - cool, I wouldn't have lasted 10 minutes in the last setup

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    We were at the quicker end of the group which means you come up on others faster. There is not many riders out in each group. Also this is group 2 so a big step up from G1.

Instructors are in the yellow Highvis.
    Makes sense, I wasnt there, I have never been.
    So you might be steppin up to G3?

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Thanks for the offer I wont be there this week, already booked out
    Position change - cool, I wouldn't have lasted 10 minutes in the last setup
    Bawked told me it was more comfortable than his bike. He could have been being polite though.

Sharry sat on it for 300ks yesterday with no trouble.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Makes sense, I wasnt there, I have never been.
    So you might be steppin up to G3?
    Ive got a ways to go yet.

Bike
    2000 Honda Hornet 600
    Current problems include - changing down while under brakes and includes throttle control at same time - issues
    being smooth on the slow down
    countersteering - although general cornering has improved a lot. Faster when I hang off.
    not difficult stuff, just need some one on one coaching
    I know you'll get this sorted out after your session with Phil.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Your beliefs don't make you a better person, your behaviour does.

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigadee View Post
    I know you'll get this sorted out after your session with Phil.
    thanks mate,

Most of the things are to do with slowing down.
    I have found a loop I can try this stuff out without causing the neighbours to much grief

and I want to setup something else too, I have a cunning plan.

but I need to see what the things are that are causing the problems before I see Phil.

Like everyone says more k's, but I reckon its more quality k's for me at present (lots of corners where I have to slow down a lot), not just throttle off and power on or one gear change. With the brakes being applied and the throttle adjusted. Found myself at full throttle trying to stop, change gears mid corner, aye fun

Yeah its coordination - more practise, and then I will see Phil as I planned, iron out the bugs do more practise.

Then do more learning. more practise. so I can get back to the sort of level of riding I feel confident riding with others

F2dz - riding, I found out its 'your responsibility' for yourself. Glad to see you are working on your skills.

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    A black one
    If you thought that footage was lacking revs you wouldn't want to see my first track day. I was pretty conscious of this last time around though and thought I kept my revs a lot higher. Last time I lazily sat in third the whole way round.

As spokes said, I'm pretty concerned about highsiding coming out of a corner if I give it a whack of throttle although I thought I was coming out of turn 5 and 6 pretty well. Like he mentions, I also did struggle with some of the traffic being too slow and not wanting to go balls to the wall due to this. I personally think some people need to be dropped groups if they can't match the rest of the group as I got kinda frustrated with some riders doing group 1 speeds in group 2.

After seeing a Yamaha MT-09 blast past me on one session and disappear out of side I do realise my bike still has a ton left in it, but the rider on top is still too afraid of binning his pride and joy.

Gimme a couple years and I'll be getting a purpose built race bike and I'll ride a lot more ambitiously.

Glad you like the footage though man, I can talk to you about where I got my camera if you'd like to get the same. Don't buy them from NZ. You get charged roughly $150 more for nothin'.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    So who is riding tonight?

Bike
    2000 Honda Hornet 600
    I've tried to keep my evening clear tonight for SASS, so I should be there!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Your beliefs don't make you a better person, your behaviour does.

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    Quote Originally Posted by f2dz View Post
    If you thought that footage was lacking revs you wouldn't want to see my first track day. I was pretty conscious of this last time around though and thought I kept my revs a lot higher. Last time I lazily sat in third the whole way round.

As spokes said, I'm pretty concerned about highsiding coming out of a corner if I give it a whack of throttle although I thought I was coming out of turn 5 and 6 pretty well. Like he mentions, I also did struggle with some of the traffic being too slow and not wanting to go balls to the wall due to this. I personally think some people need to be dropped groups if they can't match the rest of the group as I got kinda frustrated with some riders doing group 1 speeds in group 2.

After seeing a Yamaha MT-09 blast past me on one session and disappear out of side I do realise my bike still has a ton left in it, but the rider on top is still too afraid of binning his pride and joy.

Gimme a couple years and I'll be getting a purpose built race bike and I'll ride a lot more ambitiously.

Glad you like the footage though man, I can talk to you about where I got my camera if you'd like to get the same. Don't buy them from NZ. You get charged roughly $150 more for nothin'.
    I would like to see how you did on your first day, its good to see progress, being cautious is a good thing, take your time, it aint a race.
    I don't expect you to whack full throttle, you are there to learn at your own pace. I would be in group 0-
    take your time, falling off is easy to do - bugger again
    always someone faster than you, thats ok, I learnt that at SASS, trouble is I know I can do better, just practise and knowledge (going to see phil issue)= frustration and errors and falling off

cool would like to see that race bike

I always listen to advice.

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    1988 M17 CBR250R Honda
    Early knock at work yuss!!! Will definately be there tonight, happy to jump back a spot or 2 if someone wants closer to the front :-)

Bike
    A black one
    Quote Originally Posted by Gesiaver View Post
    You need a script for greeting on the answering machine? You do not know what kind of scenario do you need? Or do you doubt the necessity of greeting? For some of my clients write for ivr is complexity. In order to somehow make this task easier, and I wrote this article.
    Answering Machine? Is that the new Honda?

Bit of a trek from Zambia, but expecting you there tonight..!

Thread Information