Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hornet 250 interest

Bike
    2001, Hornet 250

Hornet 250 interest

****Still for sale, prices around 5k will be considered****

It was once Nomis's bike and i bought it about this time last year from my hazy memory.

It's been a great little machine but i'm about to sit my full and was keen on something a little better suited to touring around the country.

I've copied a lot of the following info from the old post Nomis made and altered where appropriate.

Exterior modifications:
    - Carbon fiber rear hugger (has a few nicks out of it from stones e.t.c stuck on the old rear tyre)
    - 2x carbon fiber engine inserts (by the knees, these have some stress marks on the clear cote)
    - After market rear seat fairing with integrated tail light cluster. This is one of a kind. All Real carbon fiber $$$$
    - Sunline MX bars - very wide and have been great for learning with.
    - Alloy Zeta bar ends
    - Dual lamp headlights.
    - Tyres are Diablos, 80% tread front and 95% rear
    - Custom hornet tank pad from UK and fitted

Performance
    - Apparently has bigger carbs but not 100% on this as I haven’t had the chance to measure (just been told by Honda mechanic)
    - Full custom stainless 4 - 2 -1 -2 exhaust system
    - Twin banzai racing can's. These are VERY loud so i have had some silencers made to fit and also a re-tune to suit. Silencers can be removed by a grub screw and would recommend another re-tune if you do this. (RH Can has slight ding in it only visible in certain lights, i've attempted to show this in a pic)
    - Sprockets and x-ring Gold race chain
    - Oggy nobs fitted

The bike is in top condition, but I've done all i want to do on this bike and want to move onto a larger CC bike now. Overall the bike is in great condition with very few cosmetic flaws and any that are there are minor.

Nomis said he'd had a slow speed low side from what I understand and has fixed the bike up with a new paint job and factory parts through Wild West Honda. There is no sign of this visible now and is as straight as a new one or so I’ve been told from the mechanic i got to service her.

I'm happy to consider any offers that are in a serious ballpark and anyone interested in a buyers look can contact me on 021499574.

Last edited by Disrespective; 24th February 2010 at 14:31. Reason: Pix and stuff added

Bike
    2001, Hornet 250
    This is now on Trademe too.

Bike
    a fucking hornet
    nice bike!!!
    really like the rear tail lights
    do you know where that was sourced?

plastic fabricator/welder here if you need a hand ! will work for beer/bourbon/booze

come ride the southern roads www.southernrider.co.nz

Bike
    2001, Hornet 250
    Sorry hayd3n as far as i know the bike was imported into NZ like it is with all the mods already done. I've been asked a few times now about certain things the bike has, but i've never been able to find alternative sources for them.

As far as i know all the body work mods are completely custom one of a kinds.

Bike
    2016 Vespa Sprint 150
    Very nice lil' ol'hornet!

Bike
    2001, Hornet 250
    Quote Originally Posted by KelvinAng View Post
    Very nice lil' ol'hornet!
    Yeah, it'll be a bit sad to see the little one go but it's time to move up to a machine suited more for touring. Thinking about an FZ6, SV650 or maybe a VFR800 or the likes. Not interested in anything over the midsize tag.

Bike
    2016 Vespa Sprint 150
    I went through the same exercise recently, also moving up from a lil' ol'hornet (not counting the 50cc Vespa I had in-between), and ended up with a Suzuki Boulevard M50 - a category of bikes I haven't really considered. A test ride was all it needed then to seal the deal.

I still miss the lil' ol'hornet which I've sold 6 months ago. The exhaust note is very distinct and every time I hear one down the road it brings back nice memories

Bike
    2001, Hornet 250
    Yeah, i'm still not sold on a cruiser styled machine.

I just hope i can sell the little one nice and quickly with minimal fuss before getting stuck back into the architectural school student life.

Anyone keen?

Bike
    2001, Hornet 250
    Bumpditty. Would quite like this sold.

Bike
    2001, Hornet 250
    Bored today so am bumping this again. 5k? Anyone?

Bike
    2001, Hornet 250
    Bump........

Bike
    2001, Hornet 250
    Bump........ again.

Bike
    Honda VFR400 NC30.
    MY HORNET!!! loo i loved this bike!!! hope you enjoyed it mate, have you sold it yet?
    " yah trick yah "

Bike
    2001, Hornet 250
    Nah she's still kicking around my garage at the moment. Would love to sell her to get something a little bigger but nobody seems to want her

Bike
    Honda VFR400 NC30.
    Quote Originally Posted by NOMIS View Post
    MY HORNET!!! loo i loved this bike!!! hope you enjoyed it mate, have you sold it yet?
    damn i almost want it back memories...!!!! you know that head light that was on it origionally, it was brand new worth 1200bucks lol i saw you sold it for like $100?? or somethin
    " yah trick yah "

Thread Information