Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cheap dentistry in Auckland

Bike
    1997 Ducati 900 Superlight
    A+ Dental in Howick are pretty good. Dr Fang(thats what he calls himself) has many international qualifications, has a prestigious award from Rotary for his many years as a Dentist in New Guinea or somewhere.

I have always felt that I got a good deal(money and treatment wise) from him.

I have had a little bit of follow up smoothing or something done on a filling after it was irritating me and he did it for free. He said that I had paid for the job and needed to be happy it was right.

Another time I had a minor chipp on a tooth that he did some filing to sort out and only charged $20, I expected $80-100.

Best of all, he is a Biker. Has a BMW 1200 or something.

Years back I went to a Dentist upstairs in Botany Town Centre. Absolutely worst experience ever. It was for an urgent root canal before I headed overseas. The female Dentist and Assistant/hygeinist were obviously having a bad hair day or something, they were snapping at each other, the assistant was taking too long to make the filling, the assistant made the wrong thing, handed the wrong tools over, the dentist was sighing and impatient. The Dentist said I didn't need pain relief because the root was dead, all good until she was forcing the Gutta Percha sticks down into the canal itself. Then she was pushing that metal loop with the sharp edges so hard down onto my gums that I was sliding down the chair trying to get away from her and she just kept doing it.

Then to top it off, she had told me one price and I got charged another, settled after a phone call and some explanations but frustrating to say the least.

Only bad experience I have had with dentists but not nice.

As has said here, bad teeth can have a bad effect on the health of the whole body, it pays to get them sorted.

I guess there may also be the possibility of financial help from WINZ, they seem to give out money for all sorts of things.

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by rainman View Post
    I bust another tooth today, must be number six I think, I have lost count.

Does anyone know any options for really cheap dentistry in Auckland? Like as in REALLY REALLY cheap - my existing dentist is fairly cheap, but is still measured in the hundreds of dollars for most things, and would be thousands for the work that I need done. And besides, all of my fillings that are falling out were put in by him in the first place, might be time to shop around.

Or is my best option to find a cheap source of bulk paracetamol?
    Dental school in Dunedin .... they learn ... you churn! Seriously though, check them out! ... They are good!

Bike
    Honda VF750f.
    Quote Originally Posted by oldrider View Post
    Dental school in Dunedin .... they learn ... you churn! Seriously though, check them out! ... They are good!
    +1 Got 3 teeth yanked there last year, only cost $68. Lost another 3 a month or two later, thanks to a careless fucker with some 90mm LD alkathene.
    For a man is a slave to whatever has mastered him. Keep an open mind, just dont let your brains fall out.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by frogfeaturesFZR View Post
    Te Puna Haora medical centre, Akoranga Dr. Dentist there is called Manaaki Dental.
    Google them, probably cheapest in Akld. Heard nothing but good things about them.
    I now work for the dentist that owns this surgery, he also has one in Northcross and Birkenhead. Awesome guy, and the other dentists that work for him are great too. Very realistic pricing. We do WINZ quotes too, which means if you are on a benefit, you can pay WINZ back really slowly, like $10 a week!

Bike
    Aprilia RSV Mille & Aprilia Tuono 660
    Quote Originally Posted by hellokitty View Post
    I now work for the dentist that owns this surgery, he also has one in Northcross and Birkenhead. Awesome guy, and the other dentists that work for him are great too. Very realistic pricing. We do WINZ quotes too, which means if you are on a benefit, you can pay WINZ back really slowly, like $10 a week!
    WINZ advance repayments are more like $5.00 p/w.
    The new surgery at Northcross is great.
    RSV Mille: No madam, its an Aprilia, not a Harley. If it were a Harley, I would be pushing it !

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by frogfeaturesFZR View Post
    WINZ advance repayments are more like $5.00 p/w.
    The new surgery at Northcross is great.
    ooooh so I will have met you then. There was a nice guy with the yummiest Buell that I was drooling over.... that wasn't you was it?

Edit - I think I know you, you have an Aprilia so does that make you Bryan? hahahaha.
    Though I am sure there is more than 1 Aprilia rider in the area

Bike
    1987 GPX 250
    Haven't been to a dentist for about 10 years.

Would hate to think what they would charge to fix whatever is wrong with my teeth.

Bike
    Aprilia RSV Mille & Aprilia Tuono 660
    Quote Originally Posted by hellokitty View Post
    ooooh so I will have met you then. There was a nice guy with the yummiest Buell that I was drooling over.... that wasn't you was it?

Edit - I think I know you, you have an Aprilia so does that make you Bryan? hahahaha.
    Though I am sure there is more than 1 Aprilia rider in the area
    I work for WINZ. And I'm not Bryan. Seen a lot of dental quotes over the years, and Te Puna
    Have consistently been the cheapest.
    PS, the dental receptionist at Akoranga is a hottie, my 21 year old son loved her !
    RSV Mille: No madam, its an Aprilia, not a Harley. If it were a Harley, I would be pushing it !

Bike
    Road King
    Blog Entries
    I agree about the amalgum being the way to go. As long as the mercury is bound and fixed its not a problem.

I had a fight with a guy with a shovel a few years ago and lost a few front teeth, the bloddy white ones only last 5-10 years then have to be re-done, I have spent a lot of money on them over the last 30 years.

The only problem with pulling teeth is when you pull one out the unsupported one next door often dies, or it did with me. I had 1 pulled on one side then the next died and was removed then the third died it had to be root canaled. It took a couple of years and I was in constant pain the whole time. My dentist tried to get the root out but did not have long enough drills to get to the bottom of the root so I had to go to a endodontist to get it fixed.
    Just another leather clad Tinkerbell.
    The Wanker on the Fucking Harley is going for a ride!

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip View Post
    the bloddy white ones only last 5-10 years then have to be re-done
    I think that must depend on where they are, I had white fillings in my front teeth up around the gum line so it isn't in an area any pressure is applied when eating and after 30 years they have just been replaced
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    750 auw
    White fillings leech shit like bpa. Mimics estrogen.

Thread Information