Page 5 of 80 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: Katiepie graduates

Bike
    The Black Pearl
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul M50 View Post
    Wow awsome Katie!! Cool and Hot at the same time!! And such nice long blobs on the pegs. You'll be getting that over a lot further than the M50 before you start scraping. Enjoy!!
    I had to read that 3rd sentence a couple of times..

Keep on chooglin'

Bike
    The Black Pearl
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by caseye View Post
    Awesome news that is katiepie.An if that R6 is gunna be yours, you take it nice an slow for a while, K. They are beautiful bikes and blindlingly fast, so enjoy it in stages and always keep some in reserve.Well done.
    And the rego is cheaper than the M50!

Win, win, win.
    Keep on chooglin'

Bike
    Ducati V4S Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Katiepie View Post
    suprise.
    Hey well done Katie! The new bike looks great! I hope it is all you expect and more.

But I win.... changed my bike BEFORE you NA NANA NA NANA!!

Bike
    2015 Yamaha MT-09 Tracer
    Nice one Katie
    Are you going to bring it along on Saturday and show us all
    If you are what you eat, then I'm fast, cheap and easy
    I have a gas axe and a welder! What do you mean "it won't fit"?

Bike
    2011 Ducati 848
    So happy for you that you are on the R6 so soon
    Enjoy

Bike
    Eurotrash
    Another female Arse Sex rider! May it give you many years of excitement!

(mine is still a rocketship at 7 years old and 65,000km on the clock)

Bike
    2018 Triump Street Triple 765 rs
    Yee friggin haaaa!!!!
    Nice lookin machine there Katiepie.
    Al good for the go fast club now! Wait till you get used to it first though huh.
    Well done!
    Trumpydom!

Bike
    Mobility scootah
    Crasherfromwayback said It perfectly. Congratulations on joining the sports bike brigade.
    Midwives. [Helping people out]

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    Ah, new toys, excellent reason to be cheerful.

And it's the right colour.
    Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon

Bike
    Katana 750, VOR 450 Enduro
    Blog Entries
    Nice little bike there Katie. I hope you had enough left from selling the house to get some nice leathers to go with it.

- Simon (Gini's husband)
    And I to my motorcycle parked like the soul of the junkyard. Restored, a bicycle fleshed with power, and tore off. Up Highway 106 continually drunk on the wind in my mouth. Wringing the handlebar for speed, wild to be wreckage forever.

- James Dickey, Cherrylog Road.

Bike
    bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by riffer View Post
    I hope you had enough left from selling the house to get some nice leathers to go with it.

- Simon (Gini's husband)
    haha just because the house is gone doesn't mean I am in the clear. Just no mortgage now so everything is sooooo much more manageable. Leathers will have to wait, the cordura will have to see me through the winter.

I went for a ride tonight on the Thursday Night ride... just for a very quiet pootle at the back. Had an absolute ball. I'll be taking it very very easy on this for a good wee while and will book into Karel Pavich's last training session at manfield in May. There she and her fellow instructor's wills help me to change how I ride, how I handle the R6 and what focus I should have. Simply can't wait!

The ride so far? Wowie - I tell ya, I can't stop grinning from ear to ear. From a nervous take off every time, trying to gently (haha gently on an R6?) find the right revs, taking a good few seconds to find where the hell the bloody pegs are. What do you mean they are not out in front of me anymore? But then I sit so very comfortably on it, and I love love love the riding position. The clutch will take me a while to get used to, and it will take me a long time to get past my block on lean angle mid corner. But as soon as she heads into a corner, that smile grows without encouragement, and I know that I made the right choice. It's so light, I can shift my weight so easily on it. I can step off the side of it and push it around. Wow - that's new. Couldn't do that with the M50 (successfully, we all know how that story ends).

I love the revs, its peppy, yet doesn't have to be a cheetah after its prey. I love the weight, the position, the lack of scrapping. I love the colour - yes, I even kept going back to look at that one over other colours. I have transfered my smiley face from Karels first training session onto the rev counter (woo hoo its got a rev counter!) and each time I glance down, I am reminded to smile that cheeky smile, look up and ahead, relax and focus.

Seriously... I think I am in love. I will be doing my first road trip on the up to Taupo in the next month of so. So many people have told me how sore I'll be. But, already I am getting less pain and pressure than I have on the Bully, and think I will get used to the new riding position just fine.

Excited much? Hell yes. My settlement from my house selling and past relationship comes through tomorrow after a 12 month battle. I will be working my 2 jobs for the day and night, traveling by bike if the weather is kind enough, then popping my bottle of champers after the show about 10.30pm. What a week. What a month, and my goodness what a year. But, this is it. It all becomes the past as of tomorrow, and my friends, not a day will go past when I will not be smiling both inside and out. I am more alive than I have ever been. I have my spark back. I can't shake this silly grin... Happiest chick in the world i reckon. I have my two beautiful dogs, the best of friends and a scrumptious family, and the R6 to get my heart racing like it never has before.

What a ride so far... now bring on tomorrow!

Bike
    06 Bandit GSF 1200SK6
    What a week. What a month, and my goodness what a year. But, this is it. It all becomes the past as of tomorrow, and my friends, not a day will go past when I will not be smiling both inside and out. I am more alive than I have ever been. I have my spark back. I can't shake this silly grin... Happiest chick in the world i reckon. I have my two beautiful dogs, the best of friends and a scrumptious family, and the R6 to get my heart racing like it never has before.

What a ride so far... now bring on tomorrow!
    that says it all girl, its great to look forward rather than letting the past drag you down. Congrats on the new wheels & yup slow n easy is definitely the way.
    Have to Karma ... Justice catches up eventually !!

Bike
    dei imperiale donna

Thumbs up

Hey Sweet Pea - your enthusiasm and happiness almost reduced me to tears. Its just awesome to see good things happen to good people.
    So pleased for you, and it makes me smile to think of the huge amount of fun you are going to have this year. You have had a tough 12 months, but you have never let it get on top of you and now the rewards are all yours. Go Girl and I look forward to seeing this new beast in all its glory.

Bike
    2007 Kawasaki ZX6R
    I will be doing my first road trip on the up to Taupo in the next month of so. So many people have told me how sore I'll be. But, already I am getting less pain and pressure than I have on the Bully, and think I will get used to the new riding position just fine.
    I managed 8 1/2 hours pretty much non-stop on the Hyobag, I think you will be fine...

Although my arse does have more padding
    White Trash Pearls of Wisdom #2654 - Refering to yourself in the 3rd person: The only thing gayer, would be being caught handcuffed around a public toilet bowl, an apple stuffed in your mouth and George Michael administering an epic caneing to your exposed cheeks while Boy George documents the event on a handicam.

Bike
    Various things
    I can't shake this silly grin...
    Last time I was like that was when I'd munched two pills.

Thread Information