Page 79 of 80 FirstFirst ... 296977787980 LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 1190

Thread: Katiepie graduates

Bike
    2012 Suzuki Boulevard M50
    Katiepie, you hang in there. I'm glad you've made the recoveries you have, both physically and emotionally. You've come from a deep dark place and it's great to hear that you're happier and more confident now.

To hell with people who fling insults. There are so many people on here who helped you, who knew what a bike means to a rider, who thought it would be a good thing for you when you could walk out and see it. And those people did that and so many other things because you are one of us, someone who'd fallen on hard times. If they helped you get up it was because they wanted to help one of us who was in a spot of trouble. And I am in awe of the courage and strength you've displayed getting back to where you are now.

I know people can be nasty. I left a riding group because of the way some women spoke to my wife because she had no inclination of ever riding a bike and because of how one sports bike rider abused me for buying a cruiser. If you're a bike rider, it is really just you and your two wheeled stead - if you're riding with a group of friends or riding on your own. I hope you find some riding friends, but remember you're riding a bike which has in it's frame all the love from those people who helped put it back together for you, who have followed your journey and who wish you all the best.

Onwards and upwards Katiepie

Bike
    Suzuki Smash 2016. (Yes, really!)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Baron View Post
    Many years ago I had a sign in my office. It read.

Don't let the bastards beat you.

When things got bad I would read the sign.
    Or the original... "Illegitimi nil carborundum"... "Don't let the bastards wear you down!"
    "Statistics are used as a drunk uses lampposts - for support, not illumination."

Bike
    R6
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Steve View Post
    Katiepie, you hang in there. I'm glad you've made the recoveries you have, both physically and emotionally. You've come from a deep dark place and it's great to hear that you're happier and more confident now.

To hell with people who fling insults. There are so many people on here who helped you, who knew what a bike means to a rider, who thought it would be a good thing for you when you could walk out and see it. And those people did that and so many other things because you are one of us, someone who'd fallen on hard times. If they helped you get up it was because they wanted to help one of us who was in a spot of trouble. And I am in awe of the courage and strength you've displayed getting back to where you are now.

I know people can be nasty. I left a riding group because of the way some women spoke to my wife because she had no inclination of ever riding a bike and because of how one sports bike rider abused me for buying a cruiser. If you're a bike rider, it is really just you and your two wheeled stead - if you're riding with a group of friends or riding on your own. I hope you find some riding friends, but remember you're riding a bike which has in it's frame all the love from those people who helped put it back together for you, who have followed your journey and who wish you all the best.

Onwards and upwards Katiepie
    Steve - this is something that I remember every single day, and amongst all the crap, and past illness, I would always look at my beautiful bike knowing just how it made it back to be, and breathed life again because of this kindness of some very very good human beings.

I realised this was one of the very reasons why I felt the need to post back on my old thread. I have sat quiet for so long, in my own little world, rebuilding, rethinking, redeveloping... and I actually felt it very unfair that I had not given explanation, updated or keep in contact with all of you who did this for me. As soon as I posted, I felt a hell of a lot of weight lifted off my shoulders. As I say, NOW I am doing very well, and in the best possible place where I want to be. And I say that genuinely with no bull shit because I think it's what people want to hear. I am, and it's a place I now have the ability to stay and keep my health on track and even improve.

And to know just how many people stepped in to help me with my bike have been a very strong reason I have fought so hard to keep it. Because it's not just a bike to me, it means so much more as you will understand. And I am very proud that I have been able to do so. You can imagine my excitement this week when it became road legal completely, for a full 3 months and not back dating to get 2 week lol. Over the moon.

Not here to try and make people like me, it used to matter, now it couldn't matter less. It's the treading on egg shells locally that sometimes exhausts me a little. But I do that for myself, not anyone else, to keep away from the attacks that once were. I know, just words, but often very very dangerous words to a weak soul, of which I would like to think I am not so much anymore. I look forward to getting a little more confidence back out on the roads, and around people again. I will get there, and I look forward to one day being just an invisible girl who simply rides because she loves to ride, and a few can enjoy the company with on the roads once again.

Thank you for your words Steve - you have always given me strength with your kindness and support, please know it has never been forgotten.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Katiepie View Post
    I realised this was one of the very reasons why I felt the need to post back on my old thread. I have sat quiet for so long, in my own little world, rebuilding, rethinking, redeveloping... and I actually felt it very unfair that I had not given explanation, updated or keep in contact with all of you who did this for me. As soon as I posted, I felt a hell of a lot of weight lifted off my shoulders. As I say, NOW I am doing very well, and in the best possible place where I want to be. And I say that genuinely with no bull shit because I think it's what people want to hear. I am, and it's a place I now have the ability to stay and keep my health on track and even improve.
    That is ALL we need to hear. Rebuilding your life takes time and effort.

Well done you for YOUR own efforts in achieving that.

Go Girl ...

Not here to try and make people like me, it used to matter, now it couldn't matter less. It's the treading on egg shells locally that sometimes exhausts me a little. But I do that for myself, not anyone else, to keep away from the attacks that once were. I know, just words, but often very very dangerous words to a weak soul, of which I would like to think I am not so much anymore. I look forward to getting a little more confidence back out on the roads, and around people again. I will get there, and I look forward to one day being just an invisible girl who simply rides because she loves to ride, and a few can enjoy the company with on the roads once again.
    It's often the confidence that take the time and effort to regain. One day at a time .. and do what you can. When and IF you can. Be yourself ... the biker chick YOU want to be. All of us want to see (and hear) you are on the road again.

The fact you CAN and WILL ride ... (to most) is thanks for what you have achieved with the help given ... end of story.

AGAIN ... GO GIRL ..
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    aprilia Tuono
    KT, I don't know you from a bar of soap, and I missed all the 'excitement' of your accident and follow on in my self enforced absence from KB. However, as someone who also knows the black clouds, if you do feel like going out for a ride in a small group let me know. No one in the group will know you either and I can guarantee they won't have been involved in the shite that has come before. I'm not a kiwi but this phrase about sums it up for me - kia kaha
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen" Douglas Adams (1952-2001) - not riding a TUONO then!

Bike
    SV1000S
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Steve View Post
    I know people can be nasty. I left a riding group because of the way some women spoke to my wife because she had no inclination of ever riding a bike and because of how one sports bike rider abused me for buying a cruiser.
    Seriously, you can't expect to go through life wrapped in cotton wool. Sports bike riders abused you? Abuse them back! Dish out some and put them back in their place, don't just walk away.
    Cras ingens iterabimus aequor.

Bike
    2 black ones..black is alway's good
    KT Great to hear you have your baby back on the road and good to see you visiting the Whitby FB page recently. Rumour has it that your a hot chick, so that open ended offer of dinner still stands
    Missed you at my get together recently. I knew I should have sent you a reminder You missed a good night.
    Enjoy yourself at the Cold Kiwi and give me a shout if you ever want someone to ride with. You know I will oblige.

PS. See you at the movies
    I'm only wearing black until they develop something darker

We came, We listened, And in one voice we answered
    BULLSHIT!! BULLSHIT!! BULLSHIT!! BULLSHIT!! BULLSHIT!!

Bike
    R6
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    KT Great to hear you have your baby back on the road and good to see you visiting the Whitby FB page recently. Rumour has it that your a hot chick, so that open ended offer of dinner still stands
    Missed you at my get together recently. I knew I should have sent you a reminder You missed a good night.
    Enjoy yourself at the Cold Kiwi and give me a shout if you ever want someone to ride with. You know I will oblige.

PS. See you at the movies
    Oh Hawkeye, you have no idea how disappointed I was that I missed it, and more to the point didn't even contact you to say I wouldn't be there. I got so lost in days / commitments / coming / going.... was actually hanging out at home watching a movie with a glass of wine that night when I checked back. Need to start working on retaining stuff! Sorry doll, wonderful you had a great night.

Rode to work today, and damn did it feel good! That instant feeing of freedom hits me, and I can't help but smile on my ride - it feels like a huge relief to have it road legal again, for the next 3 months at least. Buzzing about the Kiwi as always, my proper happy place for sure.

Thanks for saying yes to coming to my fundraising movie - Looking forward to getting closer to my target total

Bike
    2 black ones..black is alway's good
    Oh Hawkeye, you have no idea how disappointed I was that I missed it, and more to the point didn't even contact you to say I wouldn't be there. I got so lost in days / commitments / coming / going.... was actually hanging out at home watching a movie with a glass of wine that night when I checked back. Need to start working on retaining stuff! Sorry doll, wonderful you had a great night.

Rode to work today, and damn did it feel good! That instant feeing of freedom hits me, and I can't help but smile on my ride - it feels like a huge relief to have it road legal again, for the next 3 months at least. Buzzing about the Kiwi as always, my proper happy place for sure.

Thanks for saying yes to coming to my fundraising movie - Looking forward to getting closer to my target total
    One of these day's I might even make the Kiwi myself. Although the old bones don't like the cold these day's.
    I'm only wearing black until they develop something darker

We came, We listened, And in one voice we answered
    BULLSHIT!! BULLSHIT!! BULLSHIT!! BULLSHIT!! BULLSHIT!!

Bike
    Goose
    Booyah!!! ;-)
    "Some people are like clouds, once they fuck off, it's a great day!"

Bike
    Triumph Tiger 800
    Yes a night that warmed my heart greatly to be able to put a couple of faces to names who have been support to me, and some good laughs. Thank you both you for your kindness that night. I must catch up with Sels again very soon. A friend who understands me very very well.
    Do it!!
    Experience......something you get just after you needed it

Bike
    Royal Enfield 650 & a V8 or two..
    Quote Originally Posted by sels1 View Post
    Do it!!

What he sed!

And I'd almost do it just to see your smile again and get another hug from you!
    Winding up drongos, foil hat wearers and over sensitive KBers for over 14,000 posts...........
    " Life is not a rehearsal, it's as happy or miserable as you want to make it"

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by scumdog View Post
    What he sed!

Dirty old pervert.

Bike
    Royal Enfield 650 & a V8 or two..
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    Dirty old pervert.
    But an honest one!!

Wanker!
    Winding up drongos, foil hat wearers and over sensitive KBers for over 14,000 posts...........
    " Life is not a rehearsal, it's as happy or miserable as you want to make it"

Bike
    '74 MV Augusta I wish
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by scumdog View Post
    What he sed!

you could perform one of these for her

http://now-here-this.timeout.com/201...hill-carnival/

Thread Information