Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Eastern Bay of Plenty/Whakatane rides

Bike
    kawasaki Ninja 650R
    cancell that my bike is broke again.

anyone in the area up for a ride for an hour or so this arvo? im heading out around 3pm, i ll be filling up at caltex domain road then off for a little jaunt. found a cple of good corner on the way to ruatoki of all places!

ok, trying again

anyone up for a ride tomorrow(sunday)? ive found a couple of good corners betwen taneatua and ruatoki id lke to 'master'. then off somewhere else? anyone up for a ride for a couple of hours?... probably late morning/early afternoon.

Any sports bike riders in whakatane? I see a few around, R1s etc and the like. anyone up for occasional rides through waioeka gorge etc and track days?.

Bike
    Suzuki GSX S1000
    Quote Originally Posted by rapid van cleef View Post
    Any sports bike riders in whakatane? I see a few around, R1s etc and the like. anyone up for occasional rides through waioeka gorge etc and track days?.
    Im not in Whakatane, Im about 40mins north in Paengaroa. Im keen to meet up somewhere for rides if you cant find any other takers. Give me min 24hrs notice tho.
    Im off to Paeroa then back via Kopu and Whangmata in about an hour, so not worried about longish rides

ok.thanks for the reply. i dont ride on roads often(mainly track days), but i wanna do pyes pa road sometime soon.

Bike
    a red heap
    ok.thanks for the reply. i dont ride on roads often(mainly track days), but i wanna do pyes pa road sometime soon.
    I hope you are not easily disapointed, Pyes Pa road is nothing spectacular.

Bike
    CB1000R
    Be better off going through Rotoma's, Waikite valley, Whakamaru Dam, then along towards Tokoroa and taking Old Taupo Road through to Putararu and on to the okoroire for lunch....

Or something similiar to that, as above Pyes Pa Road is nothing great.

really?

i was told by a few friends of mine that rode down pyes pa just 3 weeks ago that it was a great road? i have never been on it. ok, no probs. rotomas are shite at the moment with all the roadworks, but at least the should be a lot better than they have been for years when the work is done and the seal has settled.

Bike
    CB1000R
    really?

i was told by a few friends of mine that rode down pyes pa just 3 weeks ago that it was a great road? i have never been on it. ok, no probs. rotomas are shite at the moment with all the roadworks, but at least the should be a lot better than they have been for years when the work is done and the seal has settled.
    I have been past the dam, old taupo road to Putararu and through to the Okoroire just this weekend and thats all mint. The road through Pyes pa is alright but you get to much traffic along it majority of the time and its nothing really exciting, if you have never done it I guess it has a bit of nice scenerey going through the gorge there...

But with some of the route i suggested above, you could come over the Kaimais from Oko and incorporate Pyes Pa into it before heading back to Whakatane. Maybe a 300-350k round trip at a guess?

Cheers

Bike
    a red heap
    Take old coach road through to Paengaroa

Bike
    Suzuki GSX S1000
    No worries. Like the others say pyes pa road is nothing special but still worth doing if you have never done it, even if its only to cross it off your list.
    Anyone else reading this looking for someone to ride with, give me a shout. I am always keen. (not always able to tho)

Bike
    Suzuki GSX S1000
    Quote Originally Posted by nodrog View Post
    Take old coach road through to Paengaroa
    *Ahem*... I believe thats MY road...

its only 20 odd km but its usually pretty devoid of other traffic and most of the potholes, road excema etc have been fixed up recently, get in while it lasts. Its probably best avoided from late march to late april due to kwiwfruit season tho.

Bike
    a red heap
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassmatt View Post
    No worries. Like the others say pyes pa road is nothing special but still worth doing if you have never done it, even if its only to cross it off your list.
    Anyone else reading this looking for someone to ride with, give me a shout. I am always keen. (not always able to tho)
    Tauriko caltex 5.30pm every thurs to go for a ride if you are keen to meet a few riders, a couple of guys come in from paengaroa.

Bike
    a red heap
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassmatt View Post
    *Ahem*... I believe thats MY road...

its only 20 odd km but its usually pretty devoid of other traffic and most of the potholes, road excema etc have been fixed up recently, get in while it lasts. Its probably best avoided from late march to late april due to kwiwfruit season tho.
    so you are the old coach?

Thread Information