Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dave Moss in NZ. Book now to get a spot

Bike
    GSX-R 750 K6

Thumbs up Dave Moss in NZ. Book now, New Seminars loaded

HI All

Well as title says Dave Moss the suspension guru from USA will be in NZ from 28 Jan to 18 Feb, he will be running some seminars in bike shops around the country and will be at track days in Taupo 8,9,10 Feb and Manfield 16,17 Feb for anyone that is after a suspension guru to help set up bike and learn what is happening to bike while the changes are being done. (for more on this see attachment.)

Seminars are aimed at all riders, any skill level and all types of bikes, bike shops holding seminars are running different types, with some running road/sport one night and dirt seminar another night or a one night seminar which will cover most things depending on who is their. On the night Dave covers things like ergo's, basic set up of bike, maintenance of suspension to name a few, their is much more so read the attachment for more info and list of shops running them.

Track days are aimed at again all riders, learners thou to racers. Dave will give information in away that it suits you and you can understand it. On these days you will get your bike set up by Dave, then you ride on track, come back to Dave for any adjustments, you ride again and if needed return to Dave. So it is like having a suspension person in your shed for the morning or afternoon! Sweet

Or you can book Dave for a suspension school and have him for the day! In this he will cover every aspect about suspension,geometry, tyres etc over the course of the day in a class room and on track. He will also train you on how to ride your bike faster and understand the suspension changes you have being making though the day. This is perfect for racers, or track day riders wanting more speed and understanding.

Again their is more information on the attachment about both of these too, plus some information about Dave Moss.

The best part about all this is the price/cost to you the public. Normally someone of this caliber would be hundreds to get in your corner or listen too. But that is not Dave's style he is about teaching and spreading the knowledge to ALL RIDERS of ALL LEVELS so not just the elite or races but all riders of all skill levels and understanding of suspension, ergo's etc.
    If he can save one life with a correctly set up bike then this will make Dave very happy, or if he can get one light bulb to turn on about setting up your bike correctly and why it is important to do this and maintain the suspension then job well done.
    So for all this great knowledge Dave is willing to share to you will only cost you $50 per seminar per person (Family rates are cheaper contact dealer or me, YES your teenage kids lives are very important so bring them along as their bike(s) are not normally set up at all for them) Also at seminars limited bikes can be worked on by Dave on the night at a cost of $50 per bike too. Track days are $50 per bike/person, so cheap as if you ask me, schools are priced depending on requirements so please email if interested.

So if you wish to make a booking for one of the seminars on the flyer ( their are more to come, just finalising them now) then make contact with the shop to book your place. If you would like to book Dave for a track day set up then PM me or email me name/bike/date of track/email/phone.

Bay Motorcycles have just informed me they wil be holding a seminar, date yet to be set by sometime around 11-12-13 Feb, keep watching for more info on this and more to come.

BAY MOTORCYCLES SEMINAR IS ON 12 FEB CONTACT TAMMY AT BAY MOTORCYCLES NOW TO BOOK SPOT

AVON CITY SUZUKI SEMINAR HOT OFF THE PRESS IS ON THE 11 FEB, CONTACT DON OR THE TEAM TO BOOK YOU SPOT FOR THIS ONE NIGHT ONLY IN CHCH

If you have question on this or for Dave Moss himself you can post here or go to his facebook page, davemosstuning

Sam

All though the prefix says North Island their is currently one shop MRC in Dunedin hosting a seminar.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DavidMoss_Handout_A4.pdf  
    Last edited by SuperSonic; 23rd January 2013 at 15:53. Reason: South Island too, NEW SEMINAR DATES
    Manawatu Tag-o-rama score : LXV

DAVE MOSS "I'll BE BACK" WATCH THIS SPACE FOR MORE INFO OF DATES AND VENUES FOR 2015 VISIT, DM here from 18 Feb to 9 March, look on Meetings for info.

Quote "A closed mouth gathers no feet"

Bike
    GSX-R 750 K6

Dave Moss in NZ book now to get a spot

HI All

Well as title says Dave Moss the suspension guru from USA will be in NZ from 28 Jan to 18 Feb, he will be running some seminars in bike shops around the country and will be at track days in Taupo 8,9,10 Feb and Manfield 16,17 Feb for anyone that is after a suspension guru to help set up bike and learn what is happening to bike while the changes are being done. (for more on this see attachment.)

Seminars are aimed at all riders, any skill level and all types of bikes, bike shops holding seminars are running different types, with some running road/sport one night and dirt seminar another night or a one night seminar which will cover most things depending on who is their. On the night Dave covers things like ergo's, basic set up of bike, maintenance of suspension to name a few, their is much more so read the attachment for more info and list of shops running them.

So for much more info on this awesome deal and chance to listen and have a truly talented person talk to you and set up your bike please go to here
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DavidMoss_Handout_A4.pdf  

DAVE MOSS "I'll BE BACK" WATCH THIS SPACE FOR MORE INFO OF DATES AND VENUES FOR 2015 VISIT, DM here from 18 Feb to 9 March, look on Meetings for info.

Bike
    Blandit 1200, DRZ250 K, Beta xtrainer
    PM sent...very interested

Bike
    GSX-R 750 K6
    Pm ya back Yes mate this is awesome for NZ I hope people get behind him and come listen or go to track days. He has so much info and knowledge he is welling to share with us.

Bike
    Girlz bikes rule :-)

Thumbs up

Bloody good I'll pop along to a seminar for sure

Bike
    GSX-R 750 K6
    Quote Originally Posted by saul View Post
    Bloody good I'll pop along to a seminar for sure
    Hi Saul, as yet I have no seminar in your area, I am working on one in Hamilton, next closet could be on the night of 9th Feb at track, after track day with PMCC. PM me if interested in this one.

Bike
    GSX-R 750 K6

Dave Moss in NZ please go to link for info

Hi Track day goers

Dave moss a suspension guru from USA will be in NZ from 28 Jan to 18 Feb, with track days at Taupo 8,9,10 Feb and Manfield 16,17. You can book him for super cheap, so for all info please go to here

Bike
    I have asked Sam if he can explore the possibility of setting a seminar up in chch. This is an opportunity not to be missed imho.

Bike
    Multi choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by SVboy View Post
    I have asked Sam if he can explore the possibility of setting a seminar up in chch. This is an opportunity not to be missed imho.
    I have both his dvd's, you can borrow if you want, remind me next time out. Talked to Moss a few times over the last couple years, good guy, RT better strart shaking in his boots if Moss decides he likes it enough to stay! ( shame he won't though, not enough money here)
    Speed kills-just ask the rabbit......

Bike
    Cheers Andy-I aim to be out on tuesday weather permitting. I will also call Avon City and see if they are interested in hosting dave Moss.

Bike
    GSX-R 750 K6
    FOR ALL THE NAPIER AND HASTINGS CREW OF KB HERE IS THE NEWS A NEW SEMINAR

Bay Motorcycles in Hastings has just agreed to hold a seminar on the 12 Feb, start time 6pm, contact Tammy to book your spot, $50 per person, and if you liek biek worked on by Dave Moss for $50 too then you need to book fast as only 10 spots for bikes.

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by SVboy View Post
    Cheers Andy-I aim to be out on tuesday weather permitting. I will also call Avon City and see if they are interested in hosting dave Moss.
    Let me know, I am totally there.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    RVF400
    Blog Entries

NZ tour

I'm really excited to be heading over in the next week to help riders get a much better understanding of ergonomics, concepts, suspension, chassis, tires and gearing in an every day world (from Jan 28th to February 17th). I want to make sure that hundreds of riders are much more knowledgeable about their bikes, how to set them up right, correct maintenance schedules and geometry and suspension changes for different brands or sizes of tires. My mission is to save lives by making the bike react much more positively to you in a crisis situation, and that may save your life.

There's a lot of information for you and all seminars etc have question and answer sessions afterwards that usually last a long time. That allows you to ask for clarity on something that didn't quite click for you to ensure you leave with a positive experience and a plan of action for you and your bike.

All types of bikes will be covered - on and off road!

If you would like more information to see what you can learn, go to FaceBook:- davemosstuning, or go to YouTube channels catalystreactionsbw and sportbikewrench. There's also an enormous amount of free information at www.feelthetrack.com

Thanks to Sam Neilson for his tireless work over months getting this trip organized.

Bike
    RVF400
    Blog Entries

Text from the davemosstuning Fan Page on FaceBook

I spent almost 2 weeks going through trail bikes to motorcross race bikes (post 4 times a week). Here's a portion from those postings:

Trail riding is perhaps one of the most fun things to do as an adult or child. Any pace is welcome, speeds are trail specific, you learn to let the bike move around a lot and you really learn how to look ahead and not at the front tires progress.

That being said, trail bikes should have good primary balance on rebound damping front and rear under most leisurely circumstances and compression damping is normally set quite soft to absorb bumps not deflect off them for greater overall stability. Hint - think of the slow pace trail bikes are ridden at.

Setting sag is often REALLY difficult with rear shocks hidden behind the air filter housing and frame and often times you use a drift and hammer to make it work, or pull the shock and do it manually (actually a much quicker way to do it). Rear free sag should be 60-80mm and rider sag 90-110mm for the rear shock. The front forks have no preload adjustment so you shuffle between spring rates based on your ability and flying time off the ground.

Fork sag does not have to match rear sag on trail bikes as the front wheel just rolls along while the rear wheel does all the work. Aim for 120-150mm of sag in the forks.

Once you have that baseline as with all 2 wheeled machines, SAG goes out of the window and you fine tune the bike to your needs based on terrain and ability, flight time and energy absorbing issues on landing.

Hydraulics:
    As you would expect with long travel suspension and off road bumps and landing impacts, the suspension travels at very high rates of speed. That creates huge air pressure in the forks hence the need for the air bleed screw. USE IT OFTEN. Not releasing the air pressure puts a significantly increased load on the fork seals which will eventually fail!

The rear shock cannot bleed off excessive pressure in the same way, but the shocks have significantly bigger reservoirs in them with much higher pressures so the piston or bladder has a much greater space and ability to deal with this.

The suspension oil itself therefore doesn't have the life cycle a sport bike or touring bike would. It gets hammered non stop from the moment the bike leaves the parking lot and gets on the trails so you need to service it much more regularly.

For the most part with moderate to aggressive riding, rebound will be fast in the front and slower in the rear. Why? You want the front tire back on the ground asap after kicking over a root or ripple/small rock, while you want rebound in the rear shock to be a little slower than the front to keep the rear tire loaded more consistently. How much time does a dirt bike spend on the front tire - not much. It's just there to get you down the trail. The shock however is going to be constantly loaded via changing throttle inputs through trail sections, so the tire needs drive grip to keep you moving forward, not spinning in place hammering the rim locks and testing them violently. Just close your eyes and picture that - it makes immediate sense.

Bike
    GSX-R 750 K6
    Here is a copy of a post from Dave Moss's FB page, dave moss tuning not long now till when Dave is in NZ

Dirt bike springs and their effect on SAG must be checked right away when you take possession of the bike, new or used. Don't back away from checking sag nor say you'll do it later. When you head out on your first ride you need to know what the bike can do rather than finding yourself flat on your face chewing dirt because you pancaked it off a small jump..... and bent up everything.

Front fork springs are generally much stiffer than rear springs in more modern motorcross bikes. Trail bikes tend to be closer in rate, but still the front is a tad harder. The rationale is to keep the front end high and let the front wheel skip over the crests of the bumps, not drop into the troughs to be trapped and then launch you over the bars. If you bottom the front end, then add more compression damping. If that does not work, consider a stronger spring first as it is a lot cheaper than a revalve!

With most rear springs being very progressive, you will find a huge amount of free sag so you need to tune that free sag carefully based on 2 or 4 stroke power delivery and body weight, plus ability and jumping heights. It takes a lot of work to get that right and you need to be patient in this part of set up. Work the sag numbers diligently, checking them every once in a while to see where you are.

You cannot get rid of free sag on a dirt bike, nor add preload to the shock spring to the point that it over powers the shocks rebound capabilities. Then you'll be nose diving the bike off the lip right away with the shock going immediately to full extension.

Given the terrain and speed, it is almost impossible to go with a linear speed as that would create a very harsh ride. And under no circumstances do we need to be peeing blood from a harsh dirt ride where we didn't fall down!

Thread Information