Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Richards Motorcycle Services in J'ville?

Bike
    I sold it
    If i can throw a 2 cents worth here .
    Richard is one of two guys i would allow to work on my bikes , the other is Tweeds at Motomart , (ok 3 i may let Ozzy if he asks nice) . And i like Richard dont suffer fools well lol.
    Those who know me will be aware i dont normally trust others to work on my bikes so its saying something here.
    Richard will do whats needed at a fair price until you either question him or act like a pratt. Judy is lovely.

Paul.

Bike
    2005 zx12r
    Richards the man and has fixed my bike when 2 other bike shops(t.s.s. red baron and motorad) couldn''t. His determination to solve your bike problems goes over and above whats expected. Where others failed and gave up on getting to the bottom of why my bike was running rich Richard never quit, I know he spent countless hours on the net after hours trying to resolve my bikes issues to which I might add never charged me for.

Richards fixed lots of my bikes over the years (FJ1200, ZZR1200 and my ZX12R) and has never disappointed me yet. . . I was a sucker to think that fancy diagnostic machines and a free pick up services was the answer, what a big waste of time and money I should've taken it straight to Richie.

For great service and value for money Richard and Judy get AAA+

Bike
    TF125
    Quote Originally Posted by lous_ zx12r View Post
    Richards the man and has fixed my bike when 2 other bike shops(t.s.s. red baron and motorad) couldn''t. His determination to solve your bike problems goes over and above whats expected. Where others failed and gave up on getting to the bottom of why my bike was running rich Richard never quit, I know he spent countless hours on the net after hours trying to resolve my bikes issues to which I might add never charged me for.

Richards fixed lots of my bikes over the years (FJ1200, ZZR1200 and my ZX12R) and has never disappointed me yet. . . I was a sucker to think that fancy diagnostic machines and a free pick up services was the answer, what a big waste of time and money I should've taken it straight to Richie.

For great service and value for money Richard and Judy get AAA+
    So what was the fault with your '12?

Bike
    aprilia Tuono
    Wow... drag up an old thread... Garth from independent works on my bikes. Top bloke, good pricing and great work. Totally recommended

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen" Douglas Adams (1952-2001) - not riding a TUONO then!

Bike
    So old you won't care
    Sadly Richard Naylor, owner of Richards Motorcycle Services in Johnsonville passed away after a short illness on Tuesday afternoon.

Sadly I never met the man but always heard good stuff about him.

Notice attached...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	14494819_1776273935920718_501987310207590221_n.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	52.6 KB 
ID:	324800  

Bike
    XB12R, FXR150, Ducati 400ss, 1125CR
    Dam :-( he was a good bugger, worked on a couple of my bikes and always helped with my dumb questions.
    RIP

what a ride so far!!!!

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ View Post
    Sadly I never met the man but always heard good stuff about him.
    Despite my years in the industry in Welly, I never really knew him either. But Paul Grant (who I poached for WMCC from Motorad) used to work for him and liked the guy, and I met him at Paul's 40th. Very down to earth chap that simply called a spade a spade. And I like that.

Quote Originally Posted by ajturbo View Post
    Dam :-( he was a good bugger, with my dumb questions.
    RIP
    See above. Lucky you didn't get called a fuckwit. ;-)

RIP Richard.

Bike
    XB12S
    Ahh fuck

And to add to that Brent Sibley from the old Suzuki dealership down here passed away yesterday as well.
    Way too young . RIP Brent mate

Bike
    2006 Honda VFR800 ABS
    I have dealt with him intermittently over the last 15 years and can confirm he was a very good bloke. Came across as quite gruff at first but was always helpful and cared about the bikes.

Bike
    KX450 Motard/Flat Track KTM150SX H2R
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    Despite my years in the industry in Welly, I never really knew him either. But Paul Grant (who I poached for WMCC from Motorad) used to work for him and liked the guy, and I met him at Paul's 40th. Very down to earth chap that simply called a spade a spade. And I like that.

See above. Lucky you didn't get called a fuckwit. ;-)

RIP Richard.

Used to call on him when i was repping for Northerns, always pleasent and great to deal with, ran a good little shop and have never heard a bad word said about him,

RIP,

Thread Information