Page 17 of 39 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Wot the Jatz's did

Bike
    91 R80GS
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodman View Post
    You don't half have issues with bikes breaking down do ya.

For fecks sake you're right!! The only times Schmidtty has broken down has been when Jatz is in the same island as it.
    This will be a good experiment - We'll see if anyone in the Sth Islands bike breaks down while they're overseas - I bet they won't.
    In life as in dance Grace glides on blistered feet

Bike
    FransAlp 700
    Quote Originally Posted by Padmei View Post
    For fecks sake you're right!! The only times Schmidtty has broken down has been when Jatz is in the same island as it.
    This will be a good experiment - We'll see if anyone in the Sth Islands bike breaks down while they're overseas - I bet they won't.
    The Ockers are fcukd though

Bike
    F800GS
    Quote Originally Posted by NordieBoy View Post
    Don't let this one die. You're losing 400cc each time here...

Quote Originally Posted by Eddieb View Post
    Just like home then...
    but I'm sorted now though

Quote Originally Posted by Night Falcon View Post
    least the new ones got some orange on it...so thats good
    Ya reakon ?......

Quote Originally Posted by Padmei View Post
    Bet you're sick of the seat by now
    MrsJ wants the 1200 back

Quote Originally Posted by Woodman View Post
    You don't half have issues with bikes breaking down do ya.
    Why yes.....yes we do

Bike
    F800GS
    Well.... due to circumstances beyond my control we're back in Albany (with a decent internet conn for the next wee while) so I'll continue......

Day 2 we picked up the ride and I talked SimonM into coming for a ride, just as well we had someone to show us how to get out of Perth
    Here he is, friendly aye....

He took us for a ride through the countryside to Dwellingup for some refreshments

Then we carried on toward Waroona, and rode through a controled burn

We stayed in Waroona with AusiBattla (another ADV Rider) and Carol, very nice people

And thats Day 2.....in a nut shell

Bike
    F800GS
    Day 3

We left Waroona and headed southwest/eastish with a hint of north thrown in just for good measure...Just drifted in other words
    We ended up in Busselton and went for a walk down the pier, apparently it's the longest in the southern hemisphere. It's 1.8k's long, we walked allthe way out and back because I wasn't paying for a train ride

We had a wee chat with a local

He offered to give us some crabs

we politely declined....

Soooo after MrsJ decided she didn't want to talk to me and she broke her intercom
    we carried on to Cape Naturaliste, there is whale watching here if your patient and here at the right time of the year We were'nt there at the right time, so we had lunch while waiting....

pretty soon we had to carry on, just time for a quick pic

and we carried on down the caves road towards Augusta, a real nice riding road it was too, past wineries and through a bit of Karri forest, I didn't expect this from Aus

Anyway.... we set up camp at a campground beside Flinders bay, real nice it was too

Day 3 ended here with a nice meal and a bottle of Southern comfort

Bike
    F800GS
    Day 4

Woke up to grey overcast skies...... then heavy rain while we packed up we rode down to Cape Leeuwin, which is where the Indian ocean meets the Southern ocean

We were to early for the light house and surrounds to be open, Damn Aussies don't get out of bed till late

So had a poke about in some rock pools.....

After that we headed towards Albany..... and this is where things went a little pear shaped.....

Heading down the Brock h/way and the bike started vibrating and making some horrible noises. I quickly pulled over, stood back and looked at it.... used some choice words and...... looked some more checked for obvious things, then pulled out my cell phone. No service..... so we flaged down a couple of cars, and found a nice lady to take us back to Busselton (65k's away) where I could get cell reception. I got hold of Brian who recomended a couple of things to check and said he would meet us back at the bike with a spae just incase He was back in Perth, about 3.5/4hrs away...
    We hitched/walked back to the bike, with a ride from a guy called "Brooksy" who went out of his way to take us an extra 40 odd k's past his turnoff just to drop us back at the bike, bear in mind it's still pissin down too
    I checked what Brian recomended, but it was more terminal than that, I could tell

Any way....I always find a brew helps while your waiting

Brian arrived with our new ride and took the old one for a quick spin and said..."the final drives f**cked Who'd a thought

Here he is...

So with a new bike(which I thought fet a little saggy in the arse) we headed off into heavy rain/showers and stayed in Pemberton where we gave the supplied hair dryer a work out and the bathroom looked like a chinese laundry. BTW I tried Barramundie here and was not impresesed could been the way it was cooked though.

The end of day 4

Bike
    F800GS
    Day 5

Got up early and left town, continuing on to Albany, bike still feeling soft but I tweaked the adjusters a little bit at a time which didn't seem to be helping.

Anyway, we rode on, and went to walk though the tree tops

Quite neat actually

We got to Albany,a nice old town by the seaside, where we did some laundry and I posted up here

Every thing was going goodish, we got to our campsite, at Bettys beach, just east of Albany, really nice wee spot right on the southern ocean,
    This is a view from the ride in

And here's the beach, we camped just behind the trees.

Anyway, I had a look at the rear shoc and there was oil all over the swingarm explains the spongyness. I rode back up the hill and called Brian again. He's on his way here with another bike and we're back in Albany.

Out of interweb time now
    Cyew

Bike
    SWM RS 650R
    You are correct , baramundie is shit.
    I mentioned vegetables once, but I think I got away with it...........

Bike
    Very Modded DR650
    Quote Originally Posted by JATZ View Post
    Day 5, we rode on, and went to walk though the tree tops

Quite neat actually
    I did one those treetop walks just above the western end of the Great Ocean Road, they are pretty cool.
    www.AdventureRidingNZ.co.nz NZ's dedicated Adventure Riding Community
    Forums, free GPS track downloads and much more. Now over 5700 members, are you one of them?

Bike
    Honda 650 Africa twin and a Dommie
    How do you cross someone off your 'people you would lend your bike to' list without offending them?
    Oh, the CT will probly still fire up.....do you want me to send it over?

Bike
    91 R80GS
    Good fun Jatz. Bloody beemers
    In life as in dance Grace glides on blistered feet

Bike
    2001 R1150GS
    fantastic Jatz, would have been super cool catching up to Loyd, i bet he had some tall tales of speedyway for ya.
    'Good things come to those who wait'
    Bollocks, get of your arse and go get it

Bike
    F800GS
    Quote Originally Posted by dino3310 View Post
    fantastic Jatz, would have been super cool catching up to Loyd, i bet he had some tall tales of speedyway for ya.
    Yeah it was and yes he did

New bike's about 30 mins away so we're off to clock up some k's, we'll miss kalgoorlie and maybe some of the Eyre penninsular but still havin fun

This post bought to you compliments of Maccas free wifi

Bike
    Designa Yello 2004 DR 650
    Coolio JATZes, sorry for the German tractor trouble ...bit of a bugga that is .. sounds like a pretty big discount should coming your way?

Enjoy mate and keep the reports coming, pissin down in Wonka today as well.... don't rush back.
    Cheers Andi & Ellen
    twomotokiwis.com
    Two Moto Kiwis Adventure Ride, May 3rd 2012 -> 20XX Prudhoe Bay Alaska -> Ushuaia Argentina -> Then Wherever We Point The Bars

Bike
    92 R80 GS
    I hope you've got a spare needle for the carb !! I hope #3 goes better for you

Thread Information