Thread: SuperCity to FungaVegas - Xmas Day

Bike
    2010 DC Skate Shoes

SuperCity to FungaVegas - Xmas Day

Anyone else going? I'm leaving midday-ish. Will probably go SH22, 39, 3, 4... dependent on weather and road condition.

http://tinyurl.com/29stnze
    KiwiBitcher
    where opinion holds more weight than fact.

It's better to not pass and know that you could have than to pass and find out that you can't. Wait for the straight.

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    yeh I'm possibly goin down to be pit bitch for my mate that races pre82??

Have to wait and see though so a maybe at this stage?
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Yep, doing it 2up on a blackbird. Leave mid morning ish, skip SH22, Awakino Gorge, West Cape then Wanganui.

After Boxing Day, spend the rest of the year (sounds damn good actually) travelling the upper half of the north island.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    2010 DC Skate Shoes
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
    Yep, doing it 2up on a blackbird. Leave mid morning ish, skip SH22, Awakino Gorge, West Cape then Wanganui.

After Boxing Day, spend the rest of the year (sounds damn good actually) travelling the upper half of the north island.
    So you're going 3 - 45 - 3? Isn't that rather straight towards the second half?
    KiwiBitcher

It's better to not pass and know that you could have than to pass and find out that you can't. Wait for the straight.

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    For Christmas holidays, traffic and cops, even 4 is blardy straight. Hell, I've done most of the roads in that area in the last few months. Blackbird will be 2up, loaded with luggage, hardest part will be keeping it at 100kph. Even with the extra weight it will be happy to sit higher. Besides speed and chatting to a cop about it, other worry is overheating the rear tyre, which should be easy. All up, cruising and enjoying. Gf hasn't seen a lot of the roads, and we'll use the forgotten highway to get to Taupo the day after Boxing Day.

Bike
    2010 DC Skate Shoes
    Heh I guess that last 90km or so from Raetihi to Wanganui has been so much fun in the past I forget about the 70km of straight road that precedes it.
    KiwiBitcher

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    All the highways are pretty straight forward. Coming home one night from a ride through the Taranaki, its almost midnight, pissing with rain, and on SH3 and 4, it was still easy to maintain 120-130kph (no luggage or pillion tho).

Christmas is a time of madness, and I attempt to leave lots of time and be relaxed amongst cars if necessary. So yeah... relax, enjoy the scenery, and try a different pace
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    Anyone else goin down to the Whanganui Races??
    I'm gonna go down and pit bitch for my mate, hopefully he's booked the motel??
    Not sure quite when I can leave depends when xmas brunch in the park with the ex and the kids is over. Hope to leave soon after lunch??
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    R100GSPD
    4 can be very slippery in the wet,watch out for a brown sheen

Thread Information