Advertise with Kiwi Biker
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 138

Thread: Progression of a total motorcycle noob

  1. #61
    Join Date
    20th June 2011 - 19:27
    Bike
    06 KDX200, 98 SuperHawk
    Location
    Glen Eden
    Posts
    6,181
    Quote Originally Posted by sil3nt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is your video isn't it?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrUJZGTFImY

    Where is Katman?

    *edit*
    Ah I see you also have this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJ00EQ5ePvc
    Key point on the second vid. A corolla was the vid/chase car.

    I think for this one he needs a Katmanning......

  2. #62
    Join Date
    18th July 2007 - 17:32
    Bike
    bike decoration, 02 1150Gs
    Location
    wif Mrs Shrek of course
    Posts
    3,012
    Quote Originally Posted by Grantman_ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    [
    On the 18/1 I had a motorcycle accident, one week after purchasing the 600rr. I've been in bed since and have 5 weeks to go before walking. Busted left leg and pelvis. Would have died on the scene but an ambulance was minutes away on the same route and able to keep me as my pulse died. Unashamedly I give God the credit, as a Christian, for being alive today and with light injuries given the nature of the accident.

    I've been told I slid out, for whatever reason, and ended sliding underneath a loaded logging truck chugging in the opposit direction up a winding section of road. All the wheels missed or I wouldn't be typing this. I finished up about halfway allong the vehicle having gone between the front wheels.

    I could have tried to save my pride by keeping quite. I've seen a few accident threads here that go south fast, but it is good to be sobered up as a rider.

    Be careful out there.
    as it's already been said your style of riding but you get a 2nd chance learn from it, (the Lord has plans for you) heal well & cya back out there
    Greater love has no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends

  3. #63
    Join Date
    1st December 2010 - 09:00
    Bike
    Bigger one
    Location
    Palmerston North
    Posts
    35
    Yikes.

    thanks for sharing - if it was me, that kind of experience might totally put me right off riding! Mend/heal well - keeping you in prayers!

  4. #64
    Join Date
    15th February 2005 - 15:34
    Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Location
    The Gates of Delirium
    Posts
    8,167
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapf View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hope you are on the mend and will get your confidence back on a bike.

    suggestion: have some more sticky tires next time. may just help. Those PR2's are good tires. but maybe not sticky enough.

    PR3's or Angles or Z8's or M3's I would suggest.
    He could always try not riding like a twat.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    4th May 2006 - 21:17
    Bike
    1987 GPX 250
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    3,163
    I guess you can safely ride like that knowing God will protect you. I better keep my Sunday mornings free! I will be champ of the road to raglan in no time

  6. #66
    Join Date
    26th July 2004 - 23:36
    Bike
    CB919 CBR1100XX CB919
    Location
    Auckland, NZ
    Posts
    3,256
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He could always try not riding like a twat.
    I haven't seen his riding hence can't comment. If it was an issue it was well earned then.
    newbie since August 2004....
    VTR250 (retired) / SV650S (Fw:Keystone19) / GSXR750(given up) / CB400(traded for 919) / CB900 Hornet / CBR954 (traded) / CBR1100XX / TuonoR (sold) / CB900 Hornet / NC700X / MTS1200

  7. #67
    Join Date
    15th February 2005 - 15:34
    Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Location
    The Gates of Delirium
    Posts
    8,167
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapf View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I haven't seen his riding hence can't comment. If it was an issue it was well earned then.
    Go watch his videos.

    He was an accident waiting to happen.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    9th February 2012 - 18:40
    Bike
    half litre street beater
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    280
    I'm all for a spirited ride, but this is a reminder that the road is not a fucking racetrack or a playground.

    I'm curious about one thing. You say that you got into motorcycling by yourself - did you ever go for rides with older, more experienced riders or mentors who gave tips on your riding style or form?

    The reason I ask is because one of my first open road rides was with an older, much more experienced rider who was the person who got me into motorcycles. He rode behind me to watch my cornering and overall form.

    On one bend on SH16 I entered a corner hot, outriding my ability. I had to lay the bike over further than I ever had before and shot through the bend, crossing the centreline at the apex and spending about half a second in the wrong lane - about two seconds later I passed a car going in the other direction. A few minutes later we pulled into one of those scenic sightseeing spots and as soon as we'd both taken off our lids and lit up a smoke he said "Congratulations, you just fucking died."

    That little piece of advice has stuck in my head ever since. If you cross the centre line on a road like that you should be thinking to yourself, "Wow. I just got plowed head on by a cunt in a Toyota Surf riding the white stripes and now I'm dead."

    Also naming a video "King of the Mangamukas" on a CBR250RR was kinda hilarious.

    Rest up, get well and seriously reconsider your methods.
    You want some advice - lightning strikes once, it does not strike twice!

  9. #69
    Join Date
    12th September 2009 - 15:14
    Bike
    Hayabusa
    Location
    Wellington
    Posts
    1,414
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapf View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I haven't seen his riding hence can't comment. If it was an issue it was well earned then.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrUJZGTFImY

    This video was made private within the last 20 minutes. It's called "King of Mangamuka Gorge CBR250RR" and has a timer running in one corner while he rides as fast as he can. It's not that he is absent all skill but he's obviously treating this road as much like a race track as it is possible to do so without deliberately crossing the centreline around blind corners. At about 2:41 he runs wide across the centreline with his knee down, it's obviously not intended.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    26th July 2004 - 23:36
    Bike
    CB919 CBR1100XX CB919
    Location
    Auckland, NZ
    Posts
    3,256
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender EnZed View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    wide across the centreline with his knee down, it's obviously not intended.
    I don't think any sane person would want to be at the limit of their control crossing the center line.

    What if. Another rider was coming the other way hugging but not crossing the center line.

    It has happened before. result is not pretty

    For that very reason riding like that puts other riders like you and me at risk.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    4th May 2006 - 21:17
    Bike
    1987 GPX 250
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    3,163
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender EnZed View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrUJZGTFImY

    This video was made private within the last 20 minutes. It's called "King of Mangamuka Gorge CBR250RR" and has a timer running in one corner while he rides as fast as he can. It's not that he is absent all skill but he's obviously treating this road as much like a race track as it is possible to do so without deliberately crossing the centreline around blind corners. At about 2:41 he runs wide across the centreline with his knee down, it's obviously not intended.
    Hate private videos http://youtu.be/_woswDPmGww

  12. #72
    Join Date
    15th February 2005 - 15:34
    Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Location
    The Gates of Delirium
    Posts
    8,167
    Nothing like a bit of time lying broken and bleeding in a hospital bed to reassess the stupidity of one's actions.

    Think long and hard Grantman.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    12th September 2009 - 15:14
    Bike
    Hayabusa
    Location
    Wellington
    Posts
    1,414
    Quote Originally Posted by sil3nt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hate private videos http://youtu.be/_woswDPmGww
    It's not the full video, but how'd you do that?

  14. #74
    Join Date
    7th October 2004 - 15:51
    Bike
    R1, GSXR1000, VFR800, GB500. NSR250
    Location
    Wgtn
    Posts
    253
    Parhaps god was punishing you and made you fall off to teach you a lesson - don't be such a muppet on the road?

  15. #75
    Join Date
    4th May 2006 - 21:17
    Bike
    1987 GPX 250
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    3,163
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender EnZed View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's not the full video, but how'd you do that?
    Was in my cache from when I watched it. I probably didn't watch the whole thing which is why it is missing the last few minutes.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •