Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Progression of a total motorcycle noob

Bike
    A big Wheel, and a sponge bob scooter :P
    Get well soon Grant

...then, please!...get some rider training!! (seriously!)

Im sorry you had to learn the hard way mate, but riding like that on public roads is only EVER going to end in tears or death!
    Please sit down and watch your own videos as proof!(your all over the road, jerky and focused on "gettin the knee down" for the camera )
    Just ask yourself two things after watching those vids of your self...Am I riding safely?....and Am I riding smoothly? (the answer is NO to both by the way)

Your still a new rider!(It REALLY shows in those vids), and your self taught "read a book" riding skills, are not doing you any favours at all!
    Ive said it before and I will say it again...books can only teach you the theory! of riding, a professional riding instructor can put that theory into practice and teach you how to be fast, smooth and safe!
    But above all...if you want to go fast, go to a race track!...there designed for speed and have run offs and gravel traps for "mistakes" (hence there safer!)

I truly do wish you the best Grant, and I hope you heal up quick...its never nice to see a rider injured and his bike destroyed.

Take care & I hope you get back in the saddle soon...then see a professional riding instructor (Worth every penny & lots of fun to)

Willy

PS:Good on ya for sharing your accident with the KB community...some people on here need to see these results

When Life thows me a curve
    ...I lean into it!

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Here's another video by Grantman. Generally boring as fuck, but if you fast forward to 4.25 and 8.55 there's a couple of interesting comments made.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJM07...eature=channel

How's that cesspit of hypocrisy going Grantman?

Quote Originally Posted by Grantman_ View Post
    This thread hasn't served to show the 'folly of these sorts of group rides' or do any good whatsoever for that matter.

Quite the opposite. Chiefly it shows a cess pit of vindictive hypocrisy.

Bike
    HONDA EXPRESS
    Pilot road 2s on that 600RR?

Pilot roads are an ok tyre but not for a bike as light as your CBR600. They won't be working properly.
    They're also quite "flat", lots of contact in a straight line, not a lot at max lean.

Incorrect tyres and erratic inputs would have been major factors in this "accident", imo.

www.PhotoRecall.co.nz

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    Here's another video by Grantman. Generally boring as fuck, but if you fast forward to 4.25 and 8.55 there's a couple of interesting comments made.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJM07...eature=channel

How's that cesspit of hypocrisy going Grantman?

Finished diggin?...you having fun kicking a fellow KB member while he's down?...how's that peddle stool of yours?

We are mean't to offer advice and support to young and new riders KM...not stomp the shit out of them when they screw up!
    I understand your message KM (And practice it daily!)...but your sledgehammer delivery is not required mate.(Kids been hit hard enough don't ya think)

Advice and support!...and as I said to Grant...words don't teach safe riding skills...theory AND practical with a professional instructor do.
    So why don't you get your rider training certs and get out there and make a difference!...instead of just talking about it and expecting things to change.

As always, Ride safe and take care KM (but ease up on the kid mate)

(...still waiting on your riding vids!)

...I lean into it!

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by willytheekid View Post
    We are mean't to offer advice and support to young and new riders KM...not stomp the shit out of them when they screw up!
    My bleeding heart's all dried up Willy.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    My bleeding heart's all dried up Willy.
    ...you had a heart once!

I understand mate...even Im getting sick of reading these "Ive crashed" posts, and seeing the accidents & dangerous riding practices everyday!.
    ...I just feel sorry for the kid (I was an "informed" rider when I was younger...well...a bloody idiot actually)

Have a safe and happy easter KM

Willy

...I lean into it!

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!

Thumbs up

Watched the first vid then left the thread alone for a while, came back to see the results page.
    Glad that you are still with us Grant.
    Hope to hear that you are riding again one day and that you've taken some of the advice given in all seriousness here.
    The reason I watched your first vid was to see if the words matched the image.
    They didn't and I was concerned that the next vid would be of your funeral procession with some fool saying "he was an avid biker, good and safe" I would have puked then!
    So you now have a chance to seek out someone who knows how to ride on our roads and who will quickly straighten out all these preconceived ideas of yours that the whole road is your to play with.
    Get well soon an I look forward to your next post after getting back on a bike. I expect it to be a very different sort of vid if we ever see another one .
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi
    Quote Originally Posted by willytheekid View Post
    ...you had a heart once!
    I think that was a joke?
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ View Post
    Ha...Thats true but life is full horrible choices sometimes Merv. Then sometimes just plain stuff happens... and then some more stuff happens.....

Alloy, stainless and Ti polishing.
    Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Bike
    00 Gixxer 750 and ZX10 tricycle
    Well, its been a couple of months... any updates on Valentino Grantman?
    Built for speed, not for comfort

Bike
    Honda CBR250RR (L)
    Back at home after 16 weeks of hospital. On crutches but won't be for long. Full recovery in time and perhaps coming to a track near you. Watch out!

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi
    Back at home after 16 weeks of hospital. On crutches but won't be for long. Full recovery in time and perhaps coming to a track near you.
    Good to hear that mate, keep on riding and ruining knee sliders, don't let the nannies get you down
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ View Post
    Ha...Thats true but life is full horrible choices sometimes Merv. Then sometimes just plain stuff happens... and then some more stuff happens.....

Alloy, stainless and Ti polishing.
    Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Bike
    Back at home after 16 weeks of hospital. On crutches but won't be for long. Full recovery in time and perhaps coming to a track near you. Watch out!
    Ouch, Riding 10/10ths on the road will no longer seem fun after thrashing it around a track.

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!

Thumbs up

Sigh, sounds to me like nothings changed.
    I sincerely hope it has though else the next post will be by a friend.
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by caseye View Post
    Sigh, sounds to me like nothings changed.
    I sincerely hope it has though else the next post will be by a friend.
    You asshat, he said he will be going to a track... That's a big change if you ask me

Bike
    Windle, MoBuilt, Fireblade, RS250, FZR4
    but knowing that 250cc me would cream inexperienced 600cc me in heavy twisties made me homesick for the mc22 again. You never really outgrow a bike like the mc22 if you’ve got a heap of hairpin twisties nearby - Mangamuka Gorge = mc22 natural habitat.

So yes, selling the mc22 or not. That’s the question.
    yea more than 2 bikes is ideal, i moved up from my 250s in the usual manner.. even though iv got a nice big bike now thats well set up - I went ahead and bought a second bike, a nice light 250cc 2 stroker.

smaller bikes are fun.. small bike for a thrash around the hills, and big bike for everything else.. burnouts, annoying families at christmas etc

keep em both!

Thread Information