Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by sil3nt View Post
    This is your video isn't it?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrUJZGTFImY

Where is Katman?

*edit*
    Ah I see you also have this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJ00EQ5ePvc
    Key point on the second vid. A corolla was the vid/chase car.

I think for this one he needs a Katmanning......
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    bike decoration, 02 1150Gs, 2015 Indian
    Quote Originally Posted by Grantman_ View Post
    [
    On the 18/1 I had a motorcycle accident, one week after purchasing the 600rr. I've been in bed since and have 5 weeks to go before walking. Busted left leg and pelvis. Would have died on the scene but an ambulance was minutes away on the same route and able to keep me as my pulse died. Unashamedly I give God the credit, as a Christian, for being alive today and with light injuries given the nature of the accident.

I've been told I slid out, for whatever reason, and ended sliding underneath a loaded logging truck chugging in the opposit direction up a winding section of road. All the wheels missed or I wouldn't be typing this. I finished up about halfway allong the vehicle having gone between the front wheels.

I could have tried to save my pride by keeping quite. I've seen a few accident threads here that go south fast, but it is good to be sobered up as a rider.

Be careful out there.
    as it's already been said your style of riding but you get a 2nd chance learn from it, (the Lord has plans for you) heal well & cya back out there
    Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends. (John 15:13)

Bike
    Bigger one
    Yikes.

thanks for sharing - if it was me, that kind of experience might totally put me right off riding! Mend/heal well - keeping you in prayers!

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapf View Post
    Hope you are on the mend and will get your confidence back on a bike.

suggestion: have some more sticky tires next time. may just help. Those PR2's are good tires. but maybe not sticky enough.

PR3's or Angles or Z8's or M3's I would suggest.
    He could always try not riding like a twat.

Bike
    1987 GPX 250
    I guess you can safely ride like that knowing God will protect you. I better keep my Sunday mornings free! I will be champ of the road to raglan in no time

Bike
    NC700X XR250 MTS1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    He could always try not riding like a twat.
    I haven't seen his riding hence can't comment. If it was an issue it was well earned then.
    newbie since August 2004....
    VTR250 (retired) / SV650S (Fw:Keystone19) / GSXR750(given up) / CB400(traded for 919) / CB900 Hornet / CBR954 (traded) / CBR1100XX (sold) / TuonoR (sold) / CB900 Hornet / NC700X / MTS1200 / XR250

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    I haven't seen his riding hence can't comment. If it was an issue it was well earned then.
    Go watch his videos.

He was an accident waiting to happen.

Bike
    half litre street beater
    I'm all for a spirited ride, but this is a reminder that the road is not a fucking racetrack or a playground.

I'm curious about one thing. You say that you got into motorcycling by yourself - did you ever go for rides with older, more experienced riders or mentors who gave tips on your riding style or form?

The reason I ask is because one of my first open road rides was with an older, much more experienced rider who was the person who got me into motorcycles. He rode behind me to watch my cornering and overall form.

On one bend on SH16 I entered a corner hot, outriding my ability. I had to lay the bike over further than I ever had before and shot through the bend, crossing the centreline at the apex and spending about half a second in the wrong lane - about two seconds later I passed a car going in the other direction. A few minutes later we pulled into one of those scenic sightseeing spots and as soon as we'd both taken off our lids and lit up a smoke he said "Congratulations, you just fucking died."

That little piece of advice has stuck in my head ever since. If you cross the centre line on a road like that you should be thinking to yourself, "Wow. I just got plowed head on by a cunt in a Toyota Surf riding the white stripes and now I'm dead."

Also naming a video "King of the Mangamukas" on a CBR250RR was kinda hilarious.

Rest up, get well and seriously reconsider your methods.
    You want some advice - lightning strikes once, it does not strike twice!

Bike

This video was made private within the last 20 minutes. It's called "King of Mangamuka Gorge CBR250RR" and has a timer running in one corner while he rides as fast as he can. It's not that he is absent all skill but he's obviously treating this road as much like a race track as it is possible to do so without deliberately crossing the centreline around blind corners. At about 2:41 he runs wide across the centreline with his knee down, it's obviously not intended.

Bike
    NC700X XR250 MTS1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender EnZed View Post
    wide across the centreline with his knee down, it's obviously not intended.
    I don't think any sane person would want to be at the limit of their control crossing the center line.

What if. Another rider was coming the other way hugging but not crossing the center line.

It has happened before. result is not pretty

For that very reason riding like that puts other riders like you and me at risk.

Bike
    1987 GPX 250

This video was made private within the last 20 minutes. It's called "King of Mangamuka Gorge CBR250RR" and has a timer running in one corner while he rides as fast as he can. It's not that he is absent all skill but he's obviously treating this road as much like a race track as it is possible to do so without deliberately crossing the centreline around blind corners. At about 2:41 he runs wide across the centreline with his knee down, it's obviously not intended.
    Hate private videos http://youtu.be/_woswDPmGww

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Nothing like a bit of time lying broken and bleeding in a hospital bed to reassess the stupidity of one's actions.

Think long and hard Grantman.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by sil3nt View Post
    Hate private videos http://youtu.be/_woswDPmGww
    It's not the full video, but how'd you do that?

Bike
    R1, GSXR1000, VFR800, GB500. NSR250
    Parhaps god was punishing you and made you fall off to teach you a lesson - don't be such a muppet on the road?

Bike
    1987 GPX 250
    It's not the full video, but how'd you do that?
    Was in my cache from when I watched it. I probably didn't watch the whole thing which is why it is missing the last few minutes.

Thread Information