Page 112 of 195 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122162 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 2918

Thread: I'm looking for Christchurch Adv rides

Bike
    3 black ones
    Quote Originally Posted by pete-blen View Post
    Just a thought.... with all this rain.. if the river is uncrossable wouldn't it be better to go
    in from the other end.... At least we get to ride the fun end if the river to high/fast...
    ok - im easy. not sure how to get in that way so will have to follow you

hopefully i can still make it - got a sore back but my pain releif is starting to kick in now

Bike
    2013 KTM 1190R
    Quote Originally Posted by cynna View Post
    ok - im easy. not sure how to get in that way so will have to follow you

hopefully i can still make it - got a sore back but my pain releif is starting to kick in now
    Do you fellas mind if I tag along? I know the way from either end if that helps
    I'm not fat, i'm pregnant with icecreams baby.

Bike
    2012 Yamaha WR 450. 2014 Beta 300RR 2t.
    Quote Originally Posted by BrendanZX9R View Post
    Do you fellas mind if I tag along? I know the way from either end if that helps

you are most welcome to join us
    flashg

Bike
    DR650SE L4
    Quote Originally Posted by pete-blen View Post
    Just a thought.... with all this rain.. if the river is uncrossable wouldn't it be better to go
    in from the other end.... At least we get to ride the fun end if the river to high/fast...
    http://www.ecan.govt.nz/services/onl...x?SiteNo=66213

River flow for Okuku is looking good so shouldn't be any problems there. The only thing I would be worried about is the amount of traffic you might get cause of the holiday season.

Bike
    WR250R DR650 Transalp650
    And bang just like that 5 minutes after Shoshoni posts there's an update to the ecan data and the river level jumps to 11 and climbing.
    Is there a plan B route if it keeps going up in that we don't even bother going there or does everyone want to go in for a look anyway?
    www.remotemoto.com - a serious site for serious ADV riders, the ultimate resource in the making.
    Check out my videos on Youtube including... the 2011 Dusty Butt 1K - Awakino Challenge and others.

Bike
    Ducatis,Ktms
    Any idea what level is passable ? Seems like 4ms is standard what's the normal depth/flow like ?
    P

Bike
    WR250R DR650 Transalp650
    I'd still expect to cross up to(ish) 8 and a maybe not by 10.
    Depends a bit on the braids I suppose but I know one guy over on FB who was coming that won't go in at over 5. Something about a gas gas with an open top air box.
    If we were going earlier I'd suggest Edwards Pass to check out the new bridge, but that's a fair way further to get to.
    www.remotemoto.com - a serious site for serious ADV riders, the ultimate resource in the making.
    Check out my videos on Youtube including... the 2011 Dusty Butt 1K - Awakino Challenge and others.

Bike
    blackbird,africa twin,xt600,xt 600tenere
    Just got back from hammer doing the rainbow...pissed down as soon as I got to hammer...rained constant all the way to within a minute of the toll gate....4wd spoke to me and advised me not to go due the amount of water flowing...got to Connors creek and decided not to go further due to force of water, being on my own, no waterproof socks and not many people about.....I know my limits so saved thirty bucks and rode back the way I came...out of hammer and sun was awesome....it was sunny in hammer but still raining...weird....great ride tho....

Bike
    Sorry for spelling hamner wrong....not even sure if this is right either ha ha

Bike
    Ducatis,Ktms
    Quote Originally Posted by Transalper View Post
    I'd still expect to cross up to(ish) 8 and a maybe not by 10.
    Depends a bit on the braids I suppose but I know one guy over on FB who was coming that won't go in at over 5. Something about a gas gas with an open top air box.
    If we were going earlier I'd suggest Edwards Pass to check out the new bridge, but that's a fair way further to get to.
    I don't suppose it'll drop over night!
    I up for leaving as early as need be in order to have a good day out. (and I missed out on Edwards he other day...)

P

Bike
    DR650SE L4
    Me and a few others have been through Okuku Fox Creek when it's been up around the 10 mark but I wouldn't recommend it.

If you go in form the North Side you could always take a trip up to the Wharfedale Track and then do some of the back roads into Oxford it's not a bad run.

Bike
    3 black ones
    Quote Originally Posted by Transalper View Post
    And bang just like that 5 minutes after Shoshoni posts there's an update to the ecan data and the river level jumps to 11 and climbing.
    Is there a plan B route if it keeps going up in that we don't even bother going there or does everyone want to go in for a look anyway?
    \

just got back to chch - pouring rain in nelson this morning and then hot and sunny but windy once i got over the lewis pass

we can decide when we meet there what to do once we see what the river level is like in the morning. if it is looking dodgy maybe we can go up one side of the waimak thru lees to the river and if it is uncrossable then turn back and do the overside of the waimak

if we go in the other end and have to turn back then its a lot of seal there and on the way back - was heaps of traffic on the road today and cant be bothered with that. same with edwards - a lot of traffic and cops to deal with to hamner and back if the roads are anything like today

anyway off to work now so will check back when i get home and maybe still see some of yous at 11 tomorrow

Bike
    WR250R DR650 Transalp650
    Yea, traffic level on my mind too, bit hard if not impossible to avoid some of it if trying to go any further out of town.
    See ya at the Peg about 10:30am for an 11am departure.

Bike
    R1200GS Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by thepom View Post
    Sorry for spelling hamner wrong....not even sure if this is right either ha ha
    Kenny - it's easy to remember. There's no HAM in Hanmer and no SUN in Sumner.

Bike
    Gone fishing ha ha

Thread Information