Page 13 of 195 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm looking for Christchurch Adv rides

Bike
    WR250R DR650 Transalp650
    Forecast looking good, river flow staying under 2.5 so that should be fine too.
    www.remotemoto.com - a serious site for serious ADV riders, the ultimate resource in the making.
    Check out my videos on Youtube including... the 2011 Dusty Butt 1K - Awakino Challenge and others.

Bike
    DRZ400E
    Quote Originally Posted by Transalper View Post
    Forecast looking good, river flow staying under 2.5 so that should be fine too.
    Would be keen to join you but am taking a few days off so put together a ride down Otago way, doing Godley River track, Dobson River track and Hopkins River Valley track, PM me if anyone is keen...

Bike
    WR250R DR650 Transalp650
    Well lets hope that's about it for the rain this morning, i can see the fine weather trying to push through but looks like I'll be wearing the waterproof jacket and leggings just in case.
    The main river was still only flowing 1.52cubic meters/second at the last update 05:30 this morning.
    I'll assume we are still on and see you there.
    www.remotemoto.com - a serious site for serious ADV riders, the ultimate resource in the making.
    Check out my videos on Youtube including... the 2011 Dusty Butt 1K - Awakino Challenge and others.

Bike
    '01 Honda Transalp '99 Honda CBR 600
    Very well then. Although it's still p1ssing down over here.
    Nobody knows what human life is, why we come, why we go,
    so why then do I know, I will see you in far off places?
    Stephen Patrick Morrissey

Bike
    '01 Honda Transalp '99 Honda CBR 600
    Good ride thanks chaps. A bit chilly, but otherwise good fun. Not much rain up in the hills, obviously, as the road was fairly dry and the ford was shallow.Nice to meet a couple of new faces too.
    Nobody knows what human life is, why we come, why we go,
    so why then do I know, I will see you in far off places?
    Stephen Patrick Morrissey

Bike
    WR250R DR650 Transalp650
    Yep, good ride, fairly lucky with the weather considering time of year maybe.
    Got a little wet going to meeting point but it cleared by the time we got on the way.
    Road was mostly dryish dirt less slippery than expected, very little shingle and most the corrugation was at the Oxford end.
    River was low as mentioned above.
    Then a little cold on the road home as the sun set.
    Rangiora Mobile to Rangiora Mobile was 139km and we spent 4 hours... including Flips fryup at the airstrip on top of the hill.

Bike
    800XC
    Yeah thanks fellas - I knew as soon as I put my rather loud wet weather gear on she would dry out! Lowest I have seen that river I reckon

Bike
    1994 Kawasaki EL250
    Blog Entries
    Hiya, I was the female pillion in the Jeep, the one with the cupcakes!!

Had a fantastic day today, first time out in the 4x4. Was so much fun! Definitely will do it again!

Can't wait to see the video footage!
    Distributor of Uncle Garrys cushions for Uncle Flips Kickers (or should that be knickers?!?)

Cleverly disguised as an adult! D.N.B.W and newly est Grease Monkey

Bike
    Beautiful machines
    Great ride out to Lees Valley today! 7 bikes and one sexy beast of a landrover. Beaut day for it with spectacular views along the way. Thanks all, nice to finally put some faces to the names.

Pics and video to come.

Speaking of video, for those that are interested, could i get a copy of everyones video so i can make a Youtube clip with all our combined footage? Would be great! Am more than happy to come and collect ...
    http://www.youtube.com/peeteey
    If anyone is interested in Guitar or Bass lessons, please get in touch. Kids to Grandparents, Rock to Jazz and folk, any style you like. Professional teacher for many years.

Bike
    WR250R DR650 Transalp650
    My gopro files from today total 17.8gig.

Bike
    FransAlp 700
    Hero HD?
    What do you think of it?

Bike
    WR250R DR650 Transalp650
    HD, it's great, best picture so far but now I need to increase the RAM in my PC to deal with the files more effectively.
    There were 3 of these on the trip and one tethered type... POV maybe.
    Getting the camera angle is my main problem at the moment, never sure whether it's point straight ahead or more at the sky or ground.
    Other issue i have is it's a bit of a sticky outy thing to mount on a helmet in the position I'd like it. I used the chest mount yesterday and left my windscreen off but it was still a little low. Next time I will tighten the shoulder straps to raise it a bit. Chest mount gives a very steady picture but then camera angle changes a bit between seated and standing and leaning in to the wind.
    Lots of settings and attachments to try.

Bike
    Beautiful machines
    Yup, it'll do that. I seem to be buying new HDDs every 6 months to a year depending on how much riding I do. But I'm a hoarder and I don't delete anything, I just back it up and stick it in the cupboard!
    http://www.youtube.com/peeteey
    If anyone is interested in Guitar or Bass lessons, please get in touch. Kids to Grandparents, Rock to Jazz and folk, any style you like. Professional teacher for many years.

Bike
    2016 Honda Africa twin
    Uni holidays at last.

Any other students/job flexible riders out there want to go for a mid week ride next week?

Bike
    WR250R DR650 Transalp650
    Here's a quick (if you can call all day Friday and all day today in front of the PC when I could have been out and about 'quick') cut off my camera work from Lees Valley last Sunday.
    I'm afraid even though it's a HD camera I only upload SD quality. I'm impatient and like to use my internet bandwidth for other things.
    Keep an eye out for the multi camera video from Peeteey yet to come.

(GMap link of the track log here)

(Watch at youtube here)

or the embed...

Thread Information