Page 164 of 195 FirstFirst ... 64114154162163164165166174 ... LastLast
Results 2,446 to 2,460 of 2918

Thread: I'm looking for Christchurch Adv rides

Bike
    Suzuki DR650, Beta Xtrainer with CLAKE
    Quote Originally Posted by ShinySideUp View Post
    Hope you guys have a great day. We haven't made it to the Waipara River yet and hope to explore sometime soon. Our little fella rides a ttr 90 so would be good to know if the river levels are suitable for him to be on his own bike, or whether to take him as a pillion.

The gorge photos you posted look great. Is this the end of the trail or are the river levels so low that you can ride through the gorge?

Have fun!
    Yes right now would be your best opportunity to get up there, very low water, TTR90 would be fine

yes it is the end and no you can't get through on a bike, I have driven through it years ago but floated my truck out the bottom end.

Yes it is a neat place, well worth having a look
    Cheers Paul
    Check out our new website www.motomox.co.nz my very own sand pit with lots of cool toys

My bikes Suzuki DR650 2010, Beta Xtrainer 300 2016, Beta RR498 2014

Bike
    2/'79 XR500s, 04 KLX400, 1953CycleMotor

Wednesday/Thursday??

Anyone goin anywhere on Wednesday or Thursday?
    Lookin for a wee adventure on the way to Bannockburn,
    cheers,
    Muzz.

Bike
    Hope you guys have a great day. We haven't made it to the Waipara River yet and hope to explore sometime soon. Our little fella rides a ttr 90 so would be good to know if the river levels are suitable for him to be on his own bike, or whether to take him as a pillion.

The gorge photos you posted look great. Is this the end of the trail or are the river levels so low that you can ride through the gorge?

Have fun!
    We had a good ride, river was very low so easy going , Carl TA did manage a wee lay down in one of the crossings but thankfully only a cup of water in the bottom of a the air box so all good .

Carl was lucky my side stand sunk into the shingle so I didnt get a picture , may be next time.

A couple of pics of two old buggers trying to look cool, not sure about Carls tea pot impressions though

Dont worry Carl those Klim pants dont make your arse look fat
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1120629.JPG 
Views:	61 
Size:	279.6 KB 
ID:	308303   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1120634.JPG 
Views:	61 
Size:	273.9 KB 
ID:	308304  
    Cheers Paul
    Check out our new website www.motomox.co.nz my very own sand pit with lots of cool toys

Bike
    2006 Kawasaki Super Sherpa
    Quote Originally Posted by Trials Rider View Post
    We had a good ride, river was very low so easy going , Carl TA did manage a wee lay down in one of the crossings but thankfully only a bit cup of water in the bottom of a ther air box so all good .

Carl was lucky my side stand sunk into the shingle so I didnt get a picture , may be next time.

A couple of pics of two old buggers trying to look cool, not sure about Carls tea pot impressions though

We enjoyed your report and the pics. Been tinkering on the bikes today and, all going well, will venture to the river tomorrow. Not sure what section we will explore. The gorge sure looks a nice spot.

Glad you had a great time.

Bike
    We enjoyed your report and the pics. Been tinkering on the bikes today and, all going well, will venture to the river tomorrow. Not sure what section we will explore. The gorge sure looks a nice spot.

Glad you had a great time.
    Yes we had a good ride, definitely put the gorge on the hit list, you will love it
    Cheers Paul

Bike
    2012 Yamaha WR 450. 2014 Beta 300RR 2t.
    We had a good ride, river was very low so easy going , Carl TA did manage a wee lay down in one of the crossings but thankfully only a cup of water in the bottom of a the air box so all good .

Somehow i missed this ride and we were just talking about it last sunday Paul, never mind it's a great ride and i hope to catch the next one. Glad to see you guys had heaps of fun. Carl that was you and me last summer that reached the gorge
    flashg

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by flashg View Post
    Somehow i missed this ride and we were just talking about it last sunday Paul, never mind it's a great ride and i hope to catch the next one. Glad to see you guys had heaps of fun. Carl that was you and me last summer that reached the gorge
    Bugger, I must admit throwing on KB on Friday night for Saturday is not much notice but I had a window of opportunity to go so I went.

I have a few more rides to do this summer so keep an eye on this thread

Will hopefully give more notice so guys that are keen to go get enough time to go to the cemetery and get flowers for the boss
    Cheers Paul

Bike
    Yamaha DT230

Great spot there TR & from memory amazing rock formations. A lot more water than that when I took my jet boat through though.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by XF650 View Post
    Great spot there TR & from memory amazing rock formations. A lot more water than that when I took my jet boat through though.
    Tis a great spot and yes the limestone walls and rock formations are something else.

Are yes you wouldn't even get up the river in a boat at the mo, lots of gravel rash
    Cheers Paul

Bike

Waipara River

We got to explore the Waipara River today. On your suggestion, Paul, we headed up towards the gorge. We went in at Stringers Bridge. It was sweltering up there - after an hour or so we took a break to cool off in the river. We got as far as a private property trespass sign, which stopped us in our tracks to scratch our heads. Were itching to carry on, but our son was tiring in the heat so we decided to turn around and head back at this point. Would be interested to know how far away we were from the gorge.

We encountered some slimy, slippery fords. Our boy had a couple of mishaps, and I duckwalked across in a couple of places out of fear of giving my bike a dunking, but thankfully, no dramas. The gravel was soft in places, working the core muscles, but all part of the fun. On the return leg we were spurred on by the thought of cold ginger beers waiting for us at the car.

The limestone walls along the way were impressive - we enjoyed having such a scenic spot to ourselves. Awesome.

Bike
    We got to explore the Waipara River today. On your suggestion, Paul, we headed up towards the gorge. We went in at Stringers Bridge. It was sweltering up there - after an hour or so we took a break to cool off in the river. We got as far as a private property trespass sign, which stopped us in our tracks to scratch our heads. Were itching to carry on, but our son was tiring in the heat so we decided to turn around and head back at this point. Would be interested to know how far away we were from the gorge.

We encountered some slimy, slippery fords. Our boy had a couple of mishaps, and I duckwalked across in a couple of places out of fear of giving my bike a dunking, but thankfully, no dramas. The gravel was soft in places, working the core muscles, but all part of the fun. On the return leg we were spurred on by the thought of cold ginger beers waiting for us at the car.

The limestone walls along the way were impressive - we enjoyed having such a scenic spot to ourselves. Awesome.
    Yes it gets bloody hot in there, bugger you were only a few minutes from the gorge, ignore that sign, it is designed to intimidate people and keep them out from a farmer who thinks he owns the river, (he doesn't)

Yes there is a bit of snot in the river at the moment and when the snot is on the lime it is greasy.

We at least you get to play another day
    Cheers Paul

Bike
    A couple of pics from our ride up the Waipara River yesterday.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5888.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	946.7 KB 
ID:	308353   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5887.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	963.6 KB 
ID:	308352  

Bike
    A couple of pics from our ride up the Waipara River yesterday.
    Good pics, I see you stopped in front of the big slip, it looks like to blocked the river for a bit.
    Cheers Paul

Bike

Trials on in Western Valley

Hi All

Very late notice but the South Island Trials Champs are on in Western Valley tomorrow, Sunday 1st March from 10.30 am

I am there marking for the day, always good to watch the top guys.

Glad to see they have taken on board all the training I have given them ok maybe not
    Cheers Paul

Bike
    06 VFR800, 03 WR450F
    Hi All

Very late notice but the South Island Trials Champs are on in Western Valley tomorrow, Sunday 1st March from 10.30 am

I am there marking for the day, always good to watch the top guys.

Glad to see they have taken on board all the training I have given them ok maybe not
    Is that the "Don't do as I do" training method?
    If you're not living on the edge you're taking up to much room!
    Life begins where your comfort zone ends!

Thread Information