Page 188 of 195 FirstFirst ... 88138178186187188189190 ... LastLast
Results 2,806 to 2,820 of 2918

Thread: I'm looking for Christchurch Adv rides

Bike
    3 black ones
    no elefant then???? im out of town so cant come either

Bike
    Ducatis,Ktms
    Elefant tomorrow, but joining up farm tracks goes a bit hard on her - she wasn't real keen on 'old le bons' even less so worsleys but orange loves that shit!

P

Bike
    Suzuki DRZ400E
    Quote Originally Posted by pouakai View Post
    Same might be said for Goat Rock Rd to Lavericks by the looks of it.
    Hi ya pouakai. It is possible to link up Lavericks Road to Goat Rock Road. It is quite a cool little track sidling a steepish hillside, albeit very short. It does cross private land on a non-official (non-paper road) so permission is needed. I have been through there twice and both times dropped in from Lavericks Road and asked at the farmer hand's house which is closest to the end of Lavericks Road; the southernmost house at the beach end if you are looking at google satellite. She was happy to let me through but did say that permission must be asked first and they are not keen on large groups going through. One of the reasons is that they have a glamping site a little way up the valley and don't want a bunch of bikes making a ruckus for their paying clients.

Have a great ride mate

Cheers

Josh
    Over 800 New Zealand adventure riding routes www.remotemoto.com

Bike
    1988 xrv650
    8 am z cashmere sounds good. If you are taking the elephant, I'll bring my AT 650. Let me know if you are.

Bike
    Ducatis,Ktms
    Yup Elefant and mate on a Sertao.
    CU ther.

P

Bike
    Suzuki DRZ400E
    Quote Originally Posted by pouakai View Post
    I'm planning a peninsula explore / Mototoken grab on Sunday
    Nice job mate! Looked like a great day for a ride and you racked up a number of claims. You are one of the few that ventured all the way to the lighthouse for the photo!

Over 800 New Zealand adventure riding routes www.remotemoto.com

Bike
    Ducatis,Ktms
    Had to be done really. Was a great day out with so many breathtaking views especially little Ak to Le Bons. Great to see WAS & Mike(handle?)
    south bays to place some mototokens next time !

Bike
    1988 xrv650
    Was a beautiful autumn day on the peninsula. Had to bail early. Something was telling me to srart heading back. Sure enough, coming into little river, a flat front tyre. My first puncture on the old AT. 85000km flat free has to be good. Happened to be carrying a spare and tools. Tried to remember the technique trials rider showed us at one of josh's parties, at 21 inches it really wasn't necessary.

Bike
    DR650SE L4
    Anyone Keen on doing the C.C.C. Loop next weekend, I've put together a route with some roads I haven't done for a couple of years - Weather Permitting of course.

Meet and greet at the Peg for 10am Departure time.

Bike
    WR250R DR650 Transalp650
    I'll vote for Saturday.
    www.remotemoto.com - a serious site for serious ADV riders, the ultimate resource in the making.
    Check out my videos on Youtube including... the 2011 Dusty Butt 1K - Awakino Challenge and others.

Bike
    2012 Yamaha WR 450. 2014 Beta 300RR 2t.
    I'm keen but might be busy with family stuff and won't know till last minute. I'll watch this thread for what day and try my best.
    XT is sold, only have the WR road legal now.
    flashg

Bike
    3 black ones
    i should be able to make it saturday - dont wait tho. will let you know on friday how likely it is that i can go

Bike
    WR250R DR650 Transalp650
    Quote Originally Posted by cynna View Post
    ... dont wait tho...
    Hey, that's my tag line thing. Get your own.
    www.remotemoto.com - a serious site for serious ADV riders, the ultimate resource in the making.
    Check out my videos on Youtube including... the 2011 Dusty Butt 1K - Awakino Challenge and others.

Bike
    2010 Husaberg FE450

Thumbs up

Hi chaps,
    I know i could look on a map (and have been!) but can anyone recommend ay good circuits on Banks peninsula?

Mate and I rode around to Little River and up and over Western Valley Road - Diamond Harbour - Gov's Bay - Home and we loved it! First 'adventure ride' so to speak and despite the rain we encountered and battled through are keen for more.
    Looking for more good circuits to go on.. We both have Enduro style bikes (Husaberg + WR) so not the longest range (8L tank) and minimum standard (ie knobbliest) road legal knobblies on so prefer as much shingle and avoid the tarmac as much as possible - wouldnt mind backtracking to meet petrol stations, fuel dump if need be!

Just really looking for some good advice on routes.

cheers all, might see you on the trails

Bike
    WR250R DR650 Transalp650
    I was going to say welcome to KB but I see you've been around for 6 months already so it's probably already been said.

Looking specifically on Banks Peninsula then any combination involving Bossu Road.

A little further a field but not the Peninsula, Lees Valley is nice, but stay on the road, all cool looking hills on the side of the road are private land (pretty much applies everywhere in NZ) and being seen riding up farmers hill sides just makes it harder to impossible to gain access permission to the cooler stuff behind locked gates.

The CCC (Christchurch/Culveden/Cheviot) loop we've been talking about for this weekend has some cool stuff in it. About 300km round trip but about 100km to 150km at a guess is sealed.

As enthusiastic new ADVers, for yours, mine and others safety please remember they may be dirt or gravel but they are still two way traffic roads, so please don't be those guys coming sidewise round the bend only to discover us, a Farm vehicle, tourist van, 4x4 or sidewise twat coming head on with no where to go. That shit hurts.

And the map... with it all laid out... www.remotemoto.com.
    If signing up the Members accounts are for those who don't want to share or contribute to the site, the Rider accounts are for people willing to share info like reviews on your tyres, luggage, riding/camping gear or what have you in exchange for detailed route info etc. Share something to get something.

Thread Information