Page 22 of 195 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm looking for Christchurch Adv rides

Bike
    WR250R DR650 Transalp650
    Sunday the 25th seems to have most interest, we could keep it simple and head off from the Halswell Garage at 10:30am, do Bossu and have lunch in Akaroa then take in some bays on the way home.
    If the weather is expected to be better on the Saturday well... we may have to take advantage of that too and maybe do Waimak Nth bank to Lees Valley and out to Loburn then. Probably start Saturday at the Peg at 10:30am for Oxford Lunch.
    www.remotemoto.com - a serious site for serious ADV riders, the ultimate resource in the making.
    Check out my videos on Youtube including... the 2011 Dusty Butt 1K - Awakino Challenge and others.

Bike
    Beautiful machines
    Quote Originally Posted by Transalper View Post
    Sunday the 25th seems to have most interest, we could keep it simple and head off from the Halswell Garage at 10:30am, do Bossu and have lunch in Akaroa then take in some bays on the way home.
    If the weather is expected to be better on the Saturday well... we may have to take advantage of that too and maybe do Waimak Nth bank to Lees Valley and out to Loburn then. Probably start Saturday at the Peg at 10:30am for Oxford Lunch.
    Yay, sounds good. My vote goes to Bossu rd, just out the back door and all that
    http://www.youtube.com/peeteey
    If anyone is interested in Guitar or Bass lessons, please get in touch. Kids to Grandparents, Rock to Jazz and folk, any style you like. Professional teacher for many years.

Bike
    3 black ones
    went for a quick loop around the waimak today and came to a locked gate on the southbank. the trail bike park is closed for logging. the sign was on the other side so you can get all the way to the one locked gate which seems a bit pointless as i was now locked in the closed for logging part. had to backtrack to weedons ross road then take the seal back home

i assume the northbank gate after the motox park is still locked? i just take the seal round to avoid it and havent actually checked for a while

Bike
    WR250R DR650 Transalp650
    My last trip up the North Bank I went in Harrs Rd which takes us straight to that ford that is usually dry. I assume the gate was still locked so just went that way without checking.

There was a notice issued by ecan on the 12th said this on the Southbank logging...
    Southbank of the Waimakariri River

Due to logging operations at Haul road and Miners bank road.
    The car park at the corner of Haul Road and McLeans Island road is CLOSED
    The track from ATV car park area to miners bank road is now a DEAD END.
    To access upstream of Minersbank road you will need to ENTER at Weedons-Ross Road and head downstream. This loop has now been shortened.
    Please take notice of the signs, these areas have been closed for your safety. We don’t want trees falling on a trail bikers.
    www.remotemoto.com - a serious site for serious ADV riders, the ultimate resource in the making.
    Check out my videos on Youtube including... the 2011 Dusty Butt 1K - Awakino Challenge and others.

Bike
    3 black ones
    thats nice that they dont want trees falling on us.

on the northbank i go in at baynons road which is before harrs rd - that takes u in just after the 4wd park so u get to go thru all the puddles and get wet right at the start. funny how that ford by harrs road was flooded and deep last year but dry this year

Bike
    05 450 EXC, 990 S
    Seems I might have a leave pass. Didn't even ask! Not sure which day yet. Probably prefer to ride northbank and Lees so Saturday is what I'll aim for.

Better get the LC4 wheel on the back.

Cheers R
    "The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools." - Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher (1820-1903)

Bike
    3 black ones
    looks like im out for the saturday ride now.... maybe will be able to make the sunday ride tho

got next week off if anyone wants to ride during the week. let me know

Bike
    WR250R DR650 Transalp650
    I'll confirm that weather permitting I will be a starter for both days.
    Forecast looks good so far but I never trust it this far out.

So...
    * Saturday the 24th at the Peg (Belfast Tavern, 899 Main North Rd) for 10:30am(ish) departure for Waimak Rds to Oxford for Lunch then Lees Valley out to Loburn.

* Sunday the 25th head off from the Halswell Challenge Garage (345 Halswell Rd) at 10:30am, turn off before Little River, do Bossu and have lunch in Akaroa then take in some bays such as Okains etc on the way home. Maybe we get Western Valley Rd in there somewhere too, either coming or going.
    -Actually to avoid the lake flys we could go from Halswell over Gebbies, round the bays to Western Valley, to Little River for Lunch (be almost midday) and then up to Bossu, round to Duvauchelle, up the hill down to the bays round to Port Levy where we either go home via Diamond Harbour or Little River again.
    Last edited by Transalper; 20th September 2011 at 15:39. Reason: edit edit edit

Bike
    WR250R DR650 Transalp650
    Quote Originally Posted by cooneyr View Post
    Seems I might have a leave pass. Didn't even ask! ...
    You know what that means, secretly she wants a pass but has you thinking you're getting one.

Bike
    WR250R DR650 Transalp650
    Got myself a pillion for Sunday, if all goes to plan KiwiPhoenix will be again joining us but this time filling J's seat behind me since J is busy doing family things.

Bike
    06 VFR800, 03 WR450F
    Have fun guys, I'm off to Tekapo Friday for 3 days riding with 5-6 others, staying in shearing 1/4's as someone knows someone, looking forward to finally getting up the Macaulay. Understand we will be seeing lots of high country so better pack my winter woolies!
    If you're not living on the edge you're taking up to much room!
    Life begins where your comfort zone ends!

Bike
    1994 Kawasaki EL250
    Blog Entries
    Got myself a pillion for Sunday, if all goes to plan KiwiPhoenix will be again joining us but this time filling J's seat behind me since J is busy doing family things.
    looking forward to it!
    Distributor of Uncle Garrys cushions for Uncle Flips Kickers (or should that be knickers?!?)

Cleverly disguised as an adult! D.N.B.W and newly est Grease Monkey

Bike
    WR250R DR650 Transalp650
    In case there's any doubt for Saturday the Peg is the Belfast Tavern, 899 Main North Rd.
    Sunday I was talking of the Challenge Garage at 345 Halswell Rd.

Bike
    Steam powered rocking chair
    Well, sunday off , so if ryan gives me a leave pass. I might have to crank up the dr and come along.

Bike
    05 450 EXC, 990 S
    Quote Originally Posted by cruza View Post
    Well, sunday off , so if ryan gives me a leave pass. I might have to crank up the dr and come along.
    If I give you a leave pass? I'm missing something here. I've not managed to put two and two together me thinks.

I'm in for the Saturday. See you fellas at the Peg.

Cheers R
    "The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools." - Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher (1820-1903)

Thread Information