Page 3 of 195 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm looking for Christchurch Adv rides

Bike
    Very Modded DR650
    Quote Originally Posted by Benjah View Post
    I've just relocated from Wellington to Christchurch and am looking to go on some sweet adv rides.

Any Christchurch Veterans willing to show a new guy the ropes? Any recommended routes etc.

I ride a F650gs Dakar and I'd rate my skill level as intermediate (on a good day..)
    You change bikes more often than I have hot dinners, what happened to the Cagiva?
    www.AdventureRidingNZ.co.nz NZ's dedicated Adventure Riding Community
    Forums, free GPS track downloads and much more. Now over 5700 members, are you one of them?

Bike
    3 black ones
    whats PITA

when i was there the other day it changed quite quickly and seen all the clouds come rolling in the bays underneath me

i should be there if i get up in time, if im not there will head out that way and maybe find you lot somewhere

Bike
    3 black ones
    aha just worked PITA out

Bike
    2016 Honda Africa twin
    You change bikes more often than I have hot dinners, what happened to the Cagiva?

Ah the cagiva I traded for the R1100gs which I rode for about 9 months. I'm a student again now so I traded the R1100gs in for something a little more thrifty on the juice- hence the Dakar. I forgot how cool these bikes are and am loving been back on one.

Bike
    WR250R DR650 Transalp650
    Nice little ride today guys, now did I hear a rumour of Lees Valley next weekend.
    Turns out I can manage either day but Saturday I will need to be home by 4pm which should be easy enough and riding Saturday gives Sunday as a bad weather backup plan or body recovery day.
    www.remotemoto.com - a serious site for serious ADV riders, the ultimate resource in the making.
    Check out my videos on Youtube including... the 2011 Dusty Butt 1K - Awakino Challenge and others.

Bike
    WR250R DR650 Transalp650
    Track log .gpx file for those who want to see (can drop it in google earth among other ways) where we went.
    If the left click doesn't work then try Right click, save as here.
    www.remotemoto.com - a serious site for serious ADV riders, the ultimate resource in the making.
    Check out my videos on Youtube including... the 2011 Dusty Butt 1K - Awakino Challenge and others.

Bike
    3 black ones
    Quote Originally Posted by Transalper View Post
    Nice little ride today guys, now did I hear a rumour of Lees Valley next weekend.
    Turns out I can manage either day but Saturday I will need to be home by 4pm which should be easy enough and riding Saturday gives Sunday as a bad weather backup plan or body recovery day.
    i could be keen on saturday. will keep my visor down so i dont have to head off early due to an angry wasp again. cant believe a bee and a wasp sting both on the same eye within the same week
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	S6307081.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	763.3 KB 
ID:	230432  

Bike
    '01 Honda Transalp '99 Honda CBR 600
    Good ride and nice to meet you Benjah and Cromagnon. Sorry I had to dash away at the end, but time was becoming a factor. Can't make Lees Valley next weekend, as a friend is inconsiderately getting married.
    Nobody knows what human life is, why we come, why we go,
    so why then do I know, I will see you in far off places?
    Stephen Patrick Morrissey

Bike
    dr650
    Nice ride around a few roads I havent done before and good to meet the lot of you too, put a few kb names to faces. Looking forward to lees valley next week all going well

Bike
    blackbird,africa twin,xt600,xt 600tenere
    hey skinny-have you tried to talk your mate out of getting married?....weddings and funerals have one thing in common-its the end of some poor blokes life..ha hahaaaaaa

Bike
    WR250R DR650 Transalp650
    Weather man seems confused but I have faith...

What say you all to departing from Mobil Rangiora, 19 Ashley St, Rangiora at 9:30am.
    Go through Lees Valley, lunch at Oxford and a bit of big bike friendly Waimak roading to get back.

Bike
    dr650
    Quote Originally Posted by Transalper View Post
    Weather man seems confused but I have faith...

What say you all to departing from Mobil Rangiora, 19 Ashley St, Rangiora at 9:30am.
    Go through Lees Valley, lunch at Oxford and a bit of big bike friendly Waimak roading to get back.
    Sounds like a plan, metvuw is predicting saturday to be alright: http://metvuw.com/forecast/forecast....zsi&noofdays=7 and sunday to be wet.

Bike
    Beautiful machines
    Bah! You would have to organise this for the one Saturday I'm busy!
    I have to be in Diamond Harbour at 11am, don't really think I could squeeze it.

Have fun! I want video!
    http://www.youtube.com/peeteey
    If anyone is interested in Guitar or Bass lessons, please get in touch. Kids to Grandparents, Rock to Jazz and folk, any style you like. Professional teacher for many years.

Bike
    2016 Honda Africa twin
    Great ride last Sunday (apart from a rogue wasp). It was a much enjoyed intro to Christchurch ADV riding.

I'm well keen for a ride to Lees Valley on Saturday. In fact I've been meaning to post about it.

Saturday, 9:30 at mobil rangiora is sweet with me

Bike
    3 black ones
    i will try and make it again. if i cant make it in time i will just head up the other way and bump into you lot somewhere

Thread Information