Page 51 of 195 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm looking for Christchurch Adv rides

Bike
    xr650
    Quote Originally Posted by Transalper View Post
    So it was you then?
    5 posts above I said I was good to go.
    We went near Robisons Bay but not actually that far... Pigeon Bay - down Dauvochell Stock Rd - up Pipers Valley Rd - Little Akaloa - Okains Bay - Summit 3rd time - Harmins Trk - home.
    You have to stop at the major turns, we had no idea how you planned to get to Robinsons Bay.
    Good etiquette to always confirm that you have seen the meeting place and time or I do not know if you have - I came in everyday looking for a reply - even several times on saturday morning.
    If round lunch time Little River been a given on all kiwibiker runs I been on - you too could have had a cold pie

Yeah paintball good analogy - we both had MX gloves on and once got wet the chill factor was

something else - passer-bys probably wondered why two men were slumped over their bikes
    cuddling their motors ended up riding with no gloves and was much better

Look forward to seeing the vid tango ...

Bike
    WR250R DR650 Transalp650
    Quote Originally Posted by brp View Post
    Good etiquette to always confirm that you have seen the meeting place and time....
    If round lunch time Little River been a given on all kiwibiker runs I been on.....
    Yes, we suspected that may have been the problem... and I generally go for Little River for lunch, Akaroa is actually the traditional place but you really do have to leave earlier or take a more direct route to get to Akaroa anywhere near mid day.
    Next time I think I'm going I'll be sure post again after the time/place is arranged.
    www.remotemoto.com - a serious site for serious ADV riders, the ultimate resource in the making.
    Check out my videos on Youtube including... the 2011 Dusty Butt 1K - Awakino Challenge and others.

Bike
    xr650
    Quote Originally Posted by Transalper View Post
    Yes, we suspected that may have been the problem... and I generally go for Little River for lunch, Akaroa is actually the traditional place but you really do have to leave earlier or take a more direct route to get to Akaroa anywhere near mid day.
    Next time I think I'm going I'll be sure post again after the time/place is arranged.
    Yeah especially when dealing with someone solid like yourself, thought strange you never replied and you had been in and replied to the WNR thread, was start of the week my first post to just see if anyone was keen before details ironed out and thought maybe something had come up - gearing issues or something in your life outside of motorbikes - Janet wanting you to whisk her away for a romantic weekend aboard the transalp .....

"Chalk it down to experience" prob good for us to all learn from - will be putting in future ride announcements can at least one person confirm the meeting time and place is suitable and you will be there - saves the potential for looking like a right tool parked up on a garage forecourt getting no gas or air or worse still they think you are casing the joint

(Think Akaroa Fish and Chip shop better folk to give your money to, than the little river cafe - might drop some balaclava's off for them next time passing - $4.40 for 600 ml bottle of coke )

Bike
    Steam powered rocking chair
    Quote Originally Posted by brp View Post
    Yeah especially when dealing with someone solid like yourself, thought strange you never replied and you had been in and replied to the WNR thread, was start of the week my first post to just see if anyone was keen before details ironed out and thought maybe something had come up - gearing issues or something in your life outside of motorbikes - Janet wanting you to whisk her away for a romantic weekend aboard the transalp .....

"Chalk it down to experience" prob good for us to all learn from - will be putting in future ride announcements can at least one person confirm the meeting time and place is suitable and you will be there - saves the potential for looking like a right tool parked up on a garage forecourt getting no gas or air or worse still they think you are casing the joint

(Think Akaroa Fish and Chip shop better folk to give your money to, than the little river cafe - might drop some balaclava's off for them next time passing - $4.40 for 600 ml bottle of coke )
    Seen the prices on some of their Art they have on display.........

Bike
    xr650
    I can well imagine prefer not to support greedy buggers and enable them to continue

Bike
    Beautiful machines

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by TangoCharlie View Post
    Had a great ride at this new park today. Main track is 15km of assorted terrain including grass paddocks, shingle farm tracks, single trail, and few testing hill climbs. There is also a MX track using natural / steep terrain. Well worth a look. I am trying to upload a lap vid...
    Cool, look forward to seeing it. Been curious about that place for a while now, will be good to check it out.
    http://www.youtube.com/peeteey
    If anyone is interested in Guitar or Bass lessons, please get in touch. Kids to Grandparents, Rock to Jazz and folk, any style you like. Professional teacher for many years.

Bike
    DR650SE L4
    Since there's talk about going to Oxford for the next WNR is anyone interested in going via the Waimak?

Bike
    2009 Suzuki DR650SE

Angry Tekapo Ride is Off these weekend!

Avoncity Suzuki have postponed this weeks Tekapo weekend due to the expected weather bomb!
    Bugger as I had a room booked at Peppers! And now for a $ lesson.
    Booked it on line and saved $20.00, when I canceled the booking they said I had to pay a $50 fee.
    I then asked for my refund balance and was told that they would give me a credit for 12 months on future bookings!
    Final straw was that they then charged me the $50 cancel fee on top of the $100 room fee I had already paid, so it ended up costing me $150.00 for a $100 room that I didn't use!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Don't dream it - Be it!

Bike
    3 black ones
    went for a lap around the waimak today and the north track is blocked off so its best to go via harrs rd(?) rather then buynons (?) rd. should have taken a photo of the street signs ..... think thats what they were called

Bike
    FransAlp 700
    Avoncity Suzuki have postponed this weeks Tekapo weekend due to the expected weather bomb!
    Booked it on line and saved $20.00, when I canceled the booking they said I had to pay a $50 fee.
    I then asked for my refund balance and was told that they would give me a credit for 12 months on future bookings!
    Final straw was that they then charged me the $50 cancel fee on top of the $100 room fee I had already paid, so it ended up costing me $150.00 for a $100 room that I didn't use!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Get hold of them about that. You should be refunded the room fee minus the cancellation fee.

Bike
    2009 Suzuki DR650SE

Greta Heights Vid

Finally sorted out the video compression.
    Try this version, has a bit more footage if you can be bothered watching it.
    Well worth a visit...
    Don't dream it - Be it!

Bike
    WR250R DR650 Transalp650
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoshoni View Post
    Since there's talk about going to Oxford for the next WNR is anyone interested in going via the Waimak?
    Tempted but I'm just not sure what to do.
    Could be a bit of a test for the Transalp with it's roady tyres on. Just put a new E08 on rear needs scrubbing in and don't know what to expect from the Avon Gripster up front on gravel. Tending to swing toward a yes now.
    www.remotemoto.com - a serious site for serious ADV riders, the ultimate resource in the making.
    Check out my videos on Youtube including... the 2011 Dusty Butt 1K - Awakino Challenge and others.

Bike
    WR250R DR650 Transalp650
    Quote Originally Posted by cynna View Post
    went for a lap around the waimak today and the north track is blocked off so its best to go via harrs rd(?) rather then buynons (?) rd. should have taken a photo of the street signs ..... think thats what they were called
    Harrs Rd is the direct way in to that ford we had to zig zag through the field to get past the wash out.
    How's that ford now?

Bike
    WR250R DR650 Transalp650
    Had major trouble converting and loading this, so sorry for the quality...
    Yea, format/compression/something needs changing for picture quality. Can go to you and see what you're working with sometime, maybe make some suggestions.

Track looks ok, open Sundays only 9.30 to 3.30, $40 per Rider.

I'd like some decent tyres then keen to go, but trying to save my tyre change for the DB1k so that they are fresh for that.

Bike
    xr650
    Cheers for the Vid - good to see what the terrain like ....... ears pricked up when heard the two stroke sound - been awhile ...

As for your booking - be sure to put a "Glowing report" on http://www.tripadvisor.com/ Mrs manages a motel from time to time and apparently trip advisor ranking are very important to most moteliers etc

Thread Information