Page 110 of 195 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120160 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 2918

Thread: I'm looking for Christchurch Adv rides

Bike
    Ducatis,Ktms
    Quote Originally Posted by whatastoner View Post
    Are you sure you're not thinking of somewhere else? Maybe you didn't follow the river all the time.

sent on work time
    Been up to the pub and back a few times so I can't vouch for anything beyond that but the most trouble we had was my daughter drowning her 140 when she underestimated the depth(seat level) of a waterhole! That and an adult novice who struggled a little with momentum in the soft stuff on the same 140.
    ; )
    P

Bike
    Ktm 450 exc

Adv rides

Just woundering if me and my mate could tag along on one of you adv rides. We both ride ktm 450 exc's. I don't have a large fuel tank yet but I'm in the process of getin one sorted. By reading threw these posts you guys seem to no your way round. I moved to christchurch from ireland about 7 months ago so I haven't been that far outside of it. I done the lees valley trail few weeks bak. But am keen to do more. Cheers

Bike
    Ducatis,Ktms
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarvis87 View Post
    Just woundering if me and my mate could tag along on one of you adv rides. We both ride ktm 450 exc's. I don't have a large fuel tank yet but I'm in the process of getin one sorted. By reading threw these posts you guys seem to no your way round. I moved to christchurch from ireland about 7 months ago so I haven't been that far outside of it. I done the lees valley trail few weeks bak. But am keen to do more. Cheers
    I got mine from Mxparts.com.au - I'm well happy with it. Make sure your have a think about the 'dusty butt' too, it's lots of fun on the 450, just make sure you get the gearing right...
    P

Bike
    WR250R DR650 Transalp650
    Just woundering if me and my mate could tag along on one of you adv rides. ....
    What, only one ride?

Sure thing, that's what organising stuff here is all about... bringing people together and riding.

Also don't be afraid to speak up if there's any particular place you've heard of that you want company exploring, if the timing works there's usually someone keen to go with.

DB1K and Bannockburn Bike Week are both good for finding places in Otago, one being an endurance event, the other a week of smaller ADV rides covering lots of similar/same places based out of Bannockburn.
    www.remotemoto.com - a serious site for serious ADV riders, the ultimate resource in the making.
    Check out my videos on Youtube including... the 2011 Dusty Butt 1K - Awakino Challenge and others.

Bike
    Ktm 450 exc
    Thanks for the replys. Checking the fuel tanks out now as we speak. Db1k sounds good. Just in from a little evening ride round the port hills and worsleys lane which is good. I've been round banks peninsula a few times but I'm weary on how far to go without running out of fuel lol. I've also been up the waimak on the single track. I'm def up for hooking up with you boys for a ride some day. Thanks again yous are very helpfull.

Bike
    DRZ400E
    Quote Originally Posted by cynna View Post
    Clarence reserve open weekends are up - the only one I can make is 18/19 jan. who want to come with with that weekend?????
    Presumably you will be departing from Chch? I'll likely be coming from north and meet you at the entry

Are you staying in there the night? Configuring the January route at the mo and working this into the schedule. I'll be spending the night either at a hut or camped up somewhere, setting off early in the morning on foot for a fish and then heading out on the bike in the arvo.

Bike
    3 black ones
    Quote Originally Posted by ADVGD View Post
    Presumably you will be departing from Chch? I'll likely be coming from north and meet you at the entry

Are you staying in there the night? Configuring the January route at the mo and working this into the schedule. I'll be spending the night either at a hut or camped up somewhere, setting off early in the morning on foot for a fish and then heading out on the bike in the arvo.

yep I will be heading from chch. I could be tempted to stay the night - will have to check with my dogsitter. Im away almost every weekend from Nye until end of march so could be pushing my luck

Bike
    DRZ400E
    Quote Originally Posted by cynna View Post
    yep I will be heading from chch. I could be tempted to stay the night - will have to check with my dogsitter. Im away almost every weekend from Nye until end of march so could be pushing my luck
    Just bring your dog with you

Bike
    3 black ones
    dogs will get a pig and you can get the fish for breakfast

Bike
    2012 Yamaha WR 450. 2014 Beta 300RR 2t.
    Transalper and Cynna please flick me a txt. did a phone reset and lost your numbers. Cheers

Sent from my RM-821_apac_australia_new_zealand_222 using Tapatalk
    flashg

Bike
    WR250R DR650 Transalp650
    Quote Originally Posted by ADVGD View Post

Looks like I can make the 18th/19th too. Will bring my tent if the weather's ok. Only been to the Clarance once before.
    www.remotemoto.com - a serious site for serious ADV riders, the ultimate resource in the making.
    Check out my videos on Youtube including... the 2011 Dusty Butt 1K - Awakino Challenge and others.

Bike
    Thanks for the replys. Checking the fuel tanks out now as we speak. Db1k sounds good. Just in from a little evening ride round the port hills and worsleys lane which is good. I've been round banks peninsula a few times but I'm weary on how far to go without running out of fuel lol. I've also been up the waimak on the single track. I'm def up for hooking up with you boys for a ride some day. Thanks again yous are very helpfull.
    Watch out for the silty mud at the Mak, that stuff is brutal on seals, bearings....and well, anything it gets in to... The Ashley is more forgiving.

Bike
    Beautiful machines
    Merry xmas you lot! Hope you all have a joyous year full of love and contentedness.
    http://www.youtube.com/peeteey
    If anyone is interested in Guitar or Bass lessons, please get in touch. Kids to Grandparents, Rock to Jazz and folk, any style you like. Professional teacher for many years.

Bike
    Merry Xmas to you peeteey and everyone else. Its going to be a great year full of adventure and fun,except when we get stuck. lol

Sent from my RM-821_apac_australia_new_zealand_222 using Tapatalk
    flashg

Bike
    I'm in Auckland and it's pissing down. I miss home ☹
    flashg

Thread Information