Page 144 of 195 FirstFirst ... 4494134142143144145146154194 ... LastLast
Results 2,146 to 2,160 of 2918

Thread: I'm looking for Christchurch Adv rides

Bike
    DR650SE L4
    Thanks for the help with those punctures I got TA your little stand came in handy.

Nice to see some new faces, I was expecting to see more snow on the ground in Lees Valley after been up on Bossu Rd last Sunday.

Bike
    2006 Kawasaki Super Sherpa
    Quote Originally Posted by Transalper View Post
    Assuming you're talking about Dalethorpe, Linton at DAS describes it as Grenvilles 'manlyest ride' but the flyer does say it includes easy shortcuts. Sorry I don't know how they compare to the main route but I learned last year I have more fun on the main loop so I'm not going to attack any of the enduro options this year.
    Thanks Transalper, You will be pleased to know I have got MT21s on for this ride. Can't wait!

Bike
    Assuming you're talking about Dalethorpe, Linton at DAS describes it as Grenvilles 'manlyest ride' but the flyer does say it includes easy shortcuts. Sorry I don't know how they compare to the main route but I learned last year I have more fun on the main loop so I'm not going to attack any of the enduro options this year.
    Great pics of your ride yesterday. I had a bull chase me on that pass. A brilliant day for it.

Bike
    WR250R DR650 Transalp650
    Dalethorpe trail ride... well that was a bit of fun, education and hard work. I enjoyed the just over half a lap I did (about 22 of 38km), got swept up by the sweep crew in the end while helping a 2stroke that also wouldn't start... still on my first lap.
    I borrowed a battery from a kind WR250F guy to get my dedicated electric start WR250R going again for the 3rd time after flattening the thing with too many stops and starts with little distance in between. Previously bumped it into life twice but that's hard to do from the bottom of a bog. Only fell once mind you, but stalled or got stuck and had to drag the bike several times and stopped for other reasons, rests and people a lot.
    Over all I loved it (main course) and if it weren't for the battery issue more or less finishing my day I reckon I'd have made a second lap by way of the family loop. Battery getting checked this week but I'm thinking it was the shear number of button presses vs charging in between.

No photos, but I have some GoPro until it went flat too because I was taking so long.
    www.remotemoto.com - a serious site for serious ADV riders, the ultimate resource in the making.
    Check out my videos on Youtube including... the 2011 Dusty Butt 1K - Awakino Challenge and others.

Bike
    1988 xrv650
    I almost decided to join you all today. Had a ktm lined up but the rear wheel bearings crapped out yesterday.

Bike
    '04 DR650
    Dalethorpe trail ride... well that was a bit of fun, education and hard work.
    I agree that it was educational and hard work but it will take some time before I can say it was fun, well done on only having 1 off, I had a lot more than 1

Bike
    XT660R / TTR250 / 2 old Montesa's
    Only done one loop of the main course... very diffrent to last year
    dam hard work in places.. only got stuck on one climb.. a root swallowed
    my rear wheel just wouldn't climb over it... looked back..line of bikes waiting for me
    to get my ass out of the way.. So I headed off into the trees then it was easy good
    grip off the chewed up ground.. droped the bike a couple times "short legs" only came
    off once , the old front wheel in a rut trick got me...
    the AC10 front tyre didn't like the ground this year.. kept clogging & wouldn't clear itself..

got a couple pics... post later...
    Pete

90% of all Harleys built are still on the road... The other 10% made it back home...
    Ducati... Makeing riders into mechaincs since 1964...

Bike
    Suzuki DR650, Beta Xtrainer with CLAKE
    Yes I went too, just finished the 1st enduro deviation and came across an accident 18km into the first lap, the young guy took a good whack after falling of a culvert side and hit a post, quick assessment of pain levels and where, log it on the GPS and back to the carpark and call the Helicopter.

Great thanks to the guys that helped, including me we ended up with five Fireman on scene which was a great help, and of course big thanks to Westpac for their quick response and medical assistance.

I always take my GPS on the bikes and today it paid big time being able to give the chopper coordinates to fly to, I gave them E & N but their prefered format is Deg Min Sec so I have change my GPS to suit, well worth knowing though as a number of ADV riders have GPS's

So I only finished one lap, awesome day and I am Nucking fackered
    Cheers Paul
    Check out our new website www.motomox.co.nz my very own sand pit with lots of cool toys

My bikes Suzuki DR650 2010, Beta Xtrainer 300 2016, Beta RR498 2014

Bike
    XT660R / TTR250 / 2 old Montesa's
    No chopper pics.... But
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAM_0185.JPG 
Views:	33 
Size:	104.8 KB 
ID:	300042   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAM_0184.JPG 
Views:	30 
Size:	93.5 KB 
ID:	300041   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAM_0183.JPG 
Views:	32 
Size:	70.5 KB 
ID:	300040  
    Pete

90% of all Harleys built are still on the road... The other 10% made it back home...
    Ducati... Makeing riders into mechaincs since 1964...

Bike
    We did the Dalethorpe today, which was a real adventure. Glad we stopped at Sheffield for pies as we didn't get lunch til 5pm! Thought we had taken novice shortcuts but kept returning to the main loop. 32 kms in total, which took us 6.5 hours! A few hairy patches. Most frightening though was loosing our little tacker for about an hour. A big relief to find him.

Great to spot you at the top of the first climb Transalper. My bike had a little lie down not long after that. I needed hubby's help in about a dozen places but managed not too bad. Just as I was about to emerge from the forest trail, 100m to go, the last laugh was on me and down I went. As for hubby, he managed the full day without incident, only to injure himself tonight unloading the trailer!

The kids enjoyed the snow. The weather was great. A day to remember. Thanks folks for the encouragement to give it a go.

Bike
    We did the Dalethorpe today, which was a real adventure. Glad we stopped at Sheffield for pies as we didn't get lunch til 5pm! Thought we had taken novice shortcuts but kept returning to the main loop. 32 kms in total, which took us 6.5 hours! A few hairy patches. Most frightening though was loosing our little tacker for about an hour. A big relief to find him.

Great to spot you at the top of the first climb Transalper. My bike had a little lie down not long after that. I needed hubby's help in about a dozen places but managed not too bad. Just as I was about to emerge from the forest trail, 100m to go, the last laugh was on me and down I went. As for hubby, he managed the full day without incident, only to injure himself tonight unloading the trailer!

The kids enjoyed the snow. The weather was great. A day to remember. Thanks folks for the encouragement to give it a go.

Bike
    3 black ones
    the next saturday i can get away is the 30 august so was thinking of going to lake coleridge if anyone is keen - depending on the weather of course

not too sure on the current access to the waimak on the south side so was thinking of going in at weedons ross road and coming out at the gorge bridge, sheffield for a pie and springfield for fuel then off to lake lyndon. go up one side of lake coleridge until we decide to turn back then have a look at the otherside. i have no idea where we went last time on the way back so could back track or someone that knows a decent route can show us the way

yaldhurst pub maybe the best meeting place - ready to leave at 11. anyone keen?

Bike
    3 black ones
    16 August Lees Valley ride
    Some pics.

great pics - will steal some with me in them for fb if thats ok

Shoshoni - was it the front that went flat on waimak loop ride as well????

Bike
    3 black ones
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarvis87 View Post
    Good ride today amazing scenery bit sore now after that spill at the end but home in one piece

i didnt realise you came off until we were leaving and i noticed you missing plate. any damage to you or the bike?

Bike
    FransAlp 700
    I can confirm that eventually electric socks will shock you if worn wet long enough.
    Trials Rider I blame you for not yet having the Gortex Boot Liner in my size, I believe they would have been tall enough to keep the electric sock dry.
    I got my GoreTex socks from the military surplus dudes that used to be based in ChCh. About $30 from memory.

Thread Information