Page 21 of 195 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm looking for Christchurch Adv rides

Bike
    blackbird,africa twin,xt600,xt 600tenere
    You can keep the snow riding thanks,I still have,nt forgotten transalper and I going through a closed off road in Hanmer I think and me falling off my bmw and hurting my ankle!.....all carls fault I tell ya ....

Bike
    3 black ones
    Quote Originally Posted by cooneyr View Post
    Llooks like a awesome ride Cynna. Wish I was there.

Cheers R
    i should have organised it here but was just a spur of the moment ride - trying to wear out my e09. which is what i was doing the other time in lees valley. the last 1mm is lasting longer then the first 10 or so mm

that was on the 20th august - wonder if there is still snow around. was nothing like ADVGDs mamouth effort from the coast tho

Bike
    '01 Honda Transalp '99 Honda CBR 600
    Mrs B. & I went through the Ashley Gorge on Sunday to walk up the Townsend. Almost no snow, but quite a bit of ice on the road, which made it interesting. Most of the ice was melted by the afternoon.
    Nobody knows what human life is, why we come, why we go,
    so why then do I know, I will see you in far off places?
    Stephen Patrick Morrissey

Bike
    GSXR600 k9, klx250 2003
    Anyone going out to watch the little river hill climb on sunday?

I am planning a wee trip round the past diamond H and round some of the bays then back over to LRiver

Bike
    blackbird,africa twin,xt600,xt 600tenere
    Tell me more?motorcycle hill climb or 4wd?

Bike
    WR250R DR650 Transalp650
    I'd hazzard a guess at this (seen it mentioned somewhere a few days ago)
    http://www.canterburycarclub.co.nz/c...l.php?slno=567
    Tar-seal.
    http://youtu.be/LFuvA1ZJ2sQ
    How does one spectate such an event?? With binoculars from across the valley? I'm not making fun, it's a serious question.
    Last edited by Transalper; 8th September 2011 at 15:56. Reason: added video and question
    www.remotemoto.com - a serious site for serious ADV riders, the ultimate resource in the making.
    Check out my videos on Youtube including... the 2011 Dusty Butt 1K - Awakino Challenge and others.

Bike
    3 black ones
    canterbury motox champs are on this weekend as well. they dont advertise this stuff very well....

Bike
    WR250R DR650 Transalp650
    mmm, well on Saturday the forecast is looking good so J and I are going two up on the Transalp to Darfield to check out the new Pit Lane Motorcycles shop and get some oil etc.
    We are either going to do lunch in Darfield or maybe earlier in Oxford.
    Going there via the Waimak North bank hence the potential Oxford diversion.
    Can't say when or which way exactly so won't be posting a time/place. Not so much spur of the moment but certainly more non committal, go when we feel like it stuff.

Sunday there is a Plains Club ride (all seal) heading 'East' from Halswell after lunch so might join them for that, but only if the weather is really nice, which it isn't supposed to be so far.
    Still don't know what 'East' is. Could be Gebbies or could be more Little River. It's a surprise I guess. They probably take a vote on where when it's time to depart.

And that's my intended weekend (this weekend 10-11th)
    www.remotemoto.com - a serious site for serious ADV riders, the ultimate resource in the making.
    Check out my videos on Youtube including... the 2011 Dusty Butt 1K - Awakino Challenge and others.

Bike
    Beautiful machines
    Quote Originally Posted by Transalper View Post
    Just a little note - I have both Saturday 24th and Sunday 25th free this month to ride one or other day.
    Probably can't afford or shouldn't spend money on gas both days.

So anyone want to do anything, and what?

Cheers
    TA.
    Sun sounds good, keen on anything really. Still haven't figured out why my steering is out of alignment but meh, it goes ...
    http://www.youtube.com/peeteey
    If anyone is interested in Guitar or Bass lessons, please get in touch. Kids to Grandparents, Rock to Jazz and folk, any style you like. Professional teacher for many years.

Bike
    88 GL145, 81 cm400 custom, 03 KLR650a
    Quote Originally Posted by Peeteey View Post
    Sun sounds good, keen on anything really. Still haven't figured out why my steering is out of alignment but meh, it goes ...
    Is it your wheel and forks, or are your bars just twisted in their brackets a bit?

Bike
    Beautiful machines
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth123 View Post
    Is it your wheel and forks, or are your bars just twisted in their brackets a bit?
    I think I may have fixed it tonight, haven't tested it yet.

It looked like the bars were twisted but I noticed the wheel was out of whack with the guard too so not sure.
    I took either Ryan or TA's advice and loosened all the bolts holding onto the forks on the tree thing and gave it a wiggle. Nothing, still the same.
    So I then took the front wheel between my knees and twisted the bars and heard a satisfying pop as (I think) it all popped back into place.

Looks better anyhoo, will test tomorrow.

The wheel is now in line with the guard as I think it used to be and the bars seem better too. While I was there I adjusted the front indicators that were set quite far back and were digging into the tank on full lock. Swapped thier mount around so they sit much further forward and now I have a huge extra bit of steering lock!
    Woop!
    Love days like that
    If anyone is interested in Guitar or Bass lessons, please get in touch. Kids to Grandparents, Rock to Jazz and folk, any style you like. Professional teacher for many years.

Bike
    91 R80GS
    The annual Morleys 6hr XC race in Nelson is on again soon. Scroll down page here.

http://www.sportsground.co.nz/ClubSi...205122KDVCDZLB
    Actually about 45mins south of Nelson

Entry form
    http://www.sportsground.co.nz/files/...46ROSDVWST.pdf

Nordie & I are doing a team as we're both old & decrepid. if you feel old & decrepid enough to join us it is quite a good day out. Be good to see some southern faces again.
    In life as in dance Grace glides on blistered feet

Bike
    FransAlp 700
    Quote Originally Posted by Padmei View Post
    Nordie & I are doing a team as we're both old & decrepid. if you feel old & decrepid enough to join us it is quite a good day out. Be good to see some southern faces again.
    If we do 2 riders, 2 bikes we may be able to get into class 5 - 0-200 2st, 0-350 4st.

Usually the DRZ400 is classed as a 350 for these sorts of races.

Well in Shanes races it is...

Bike
    '01 Honda Transalp '99 Honda CBR 600
    I'd potentially be up for Sunday the 25th...
    Nobody knows what human life is, why we come, why we go,
    so why then do I know, I will see you in far off places?
    Stephen Patrick Morrissey

Bike
    Beautiful machines
    Quote Originally Posted by cynna View Post
    im free on the saturday. came off in the snow and ice in lees valley a few weeks ago so keen to do that again since it should be thawed out now. or anywhere else as im easy
    Quote Originally Posted by pete-blen View Post
    yer need to look at a few mods..Prob solved.......
    That looks like the kind of mod I'd do! Brilliant!
    Reminded me of this pic I found, the best panniers yet
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DR350+panniers.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	68.1 KB 
ID:	246733

Thread Information