Page 24 of 195 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm looking for Christchurch Adv rides

Bike
    dr650
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoshoni View Post
    What a great day out thanks for that TA
    +1 thanks TA, a few photos...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1657.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	454.2 KB 
ID:	247338   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1660.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	761.2 KB 
ID:	247339   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1659.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	470.9 KB 
ID:	247340   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1658.JPG 
Views:	38 
Size:	707.5 KB 
ID:	247341  

Bike
    3 black ones
    did TA loose his topbox again

Bike
    Beautiful machines
    Quote Originally Posted by Transalper View Post
    * Sunday the 25th head off from the Halswell Challenge Garage (345 Halswell Rd) at 10:30am, turn off before Little River, do Bossu and have lunch in Akaroa then take in some bays such as Okains etc on the way home. Maybe we get Western Valley Rd in there somewhere too, either coming or going.
    -Actually to avoid the lake flys we could go from Halswell over Gebbies, round the bays to Western Valley, to Little River for Lunch (be almost midday) and then up to Bossu, round to Duvauchelle, up the hill down to the bays round to Port Levy where we either go home via Diamond Harbour or Little River again.
    I'll TRY to be there tomorrow but am still feeling the after effects of the dreaded lurghi so may have to stay in bed.
    If I make it I'll meet you by the Blue Duck or whatever that restaurant is/was called at the intersection of the main road to Little River and Gebbies Pass. That way I'll meet you which ever way you go.
    I'll get there at about 10.30 so as to be sure to meet you ...

In case I don't meet you, have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Skinny_Birdman View Post
    ... spare a thought for me squeezed into the rear fuselage of a de Havilland Mosquito for much of the day ...
    That sounds like heaven! I'd love to be in a Mosquito, preferably the pilot seat

Quote Originally Posted by Skinny_Birdman View Post
    Don't forget about daylight savings, those who are coming tomorrow..... See you there.
    Oh yea, I would have completely forgotten! Thanks!
    http://www.youtube.com/peeteey
    If anyone is interested in Guitar or Bass lessons, please get in touch. Kids to Grandparents, Rock to Jazz and folk, any style you like. Professional teacher for many years.

Bike
    WR250R DR650 Transalp650
    Quote Originally Posted by cynna View Post
    did TA loose his topbox again
    Well, um, arrr.... good thing I had my bungees to strap it down again. Thought it could escape when I wasn't looking but I heard it go splash on the approach to Oxford.
    Out with the Bungees to secure it again and now I've just finished drilling a couple of holes and screwing it to the plate as a temporary fix while I think about my next move.
    Thoughts of another Givi one (it was an RJays) or i could just mount the DR's smaller one.

Anyway yep was a pretty good run.
    The water in the main river was fairly normal but every other ford or puddle seemed to produce a bigger splash than usual. I swear that was one of the wettest trips through there though.
    My feet were about the only bits of me that stayed dry thanks boots.
    www.remotemoto.com - a serious site for serious ADV riders, the ultimate resource in the making.
    Check out my videos on Youtube including... the 2011 Dusty Butt 1K - Awakino Challenge and others.

Bike
    Beautiful machines
    Ok, defo won't be there tomorrow (today), Bummer! Have fun. For those that know where I am, feel free to drop by after for a coffee ...

On another note, I want to add a 12v socket to my DR350 so I can run electrical gadgetry goodness from it whilst riding.
    It's the off road model so no battery. Anyone know where to take wires from, and how?
    I haven't dealt with a batteryless bike since I was 15 and that was a while ago now ...

Cheers!
    http://www.youtube.com/peeteey
    If anyone is interested in Guitar or Bass lessons, please get in touch. Kids to Grandparents, Rock to Jazz and folk, any style you like. Professional teacher for many years.

Bike
    88 GL145, 81 cm400 custom, 03 KLR650a
    I've been called into work. I'm gonna do my best to still make it. Can someone please txt me if it's called off? I don't have the internet at work. Cheers guys.

Edit - Just got back home. Turns out the guy I got called in for, walked in the door about 5 minutes after they called me. He'd turned his alarm off and gone back to sleep. No one rung me to tell me that though so I had to go all the way to work to find out.

Lucky I only live down the road.

Bike
    WR250R DR650 Transalp650
    I'm still in, see you there.

Halswell to Gebbies to Diamond Harbour to Western Valley Rd to Little River for lunch then decide what to do from there.

Kiwiphoenix is still in too.
    www.remotemoto.com - a serious site for serious ADV riders, the ultimate resource in the making.
    Check out my videos on Youtube including... the 2011 Dusty Butt 1K - Awakino Challenge and others.

Bike
    1994 Kawasaki EL250
    Blog Entries
    Had a fantastic time today! Will def sleep tonight Will put up the photos later
    Distributor of Uncle Garrys cushions for Uncle Flips Kickers (or should that be knickers?!?)

Cleverly disguised as an adult! D.N.B.W and newly est Grease Monkey

Bike
    2022 Honda CB500X, CBR150RS F4 Bucket
    Quote Originally Posted by KiwiPhoenix View Post
    Had a fantastic time today! Will def sleep tonight Will put up the photos later
    Its later ..... so where's the pix?
    Sometimes you wish it was easier, but if it was, everyone else would do it, then you remember you don't want to be like everybody else!

Bike
    WR250R DR650 Transalp650
    Fantastic day out, calm with sun and blue skys for most of it.
    Clouded a bit near the end.
    Snow up the Western valley was great, really should have got a photo in the morning because when we returned that way in the afternoon it was all gone as per the pic.

We headed off from Halswell up Old Taitapu Rd, Gebbies Pass, up Bay View Rd above Diamond Harbour, round to Western Valley rd to Little River for lunch.
    After lunch we headed up Renolds Valley to Bossu where there was more snow and all the way out to the Lands End intersection.
    Then down through Wainui to Barrys Bay, Onawe Flat Rd to Duvauchelle, up the Duvauchelle Stock Route to the Summit Rd, round to the hilltop then down Harmins Track to Little River where one pealed off and the rest of us went back over Western valley where the snow had all melted and the sky turned grey and home round the bays and over Dyers Pass.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TA-2up-KP-25Sept2011-1.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	60.3 KB 
ID:	247412  

Bike
    Steam powered rocking chair
    didn't happen to see a number plate up western valley road.........
    Have to see HOT about selling me a dud bike that eats number plates
    did some of summit road on way back , harmins and back ova to port levy.

Pity i missed kick off time, didn't see route plan here till this afternoon, so was only going on kp's see you in aka for lunch, never mind .
    Back home and yep..........speed triple still sitting in the garage sulking

Bike
    '01 Honda Transalp '99 Honda CBR 600
    Good day thanks guys. Had a bit of a rough start, but the afternoon was awesome.

Cheers
    A
    Nobody knows what human life is, why we come, why we go,
    so why then do I know, I will see you in far off places?
    Stephen Patrick Morrissey

Bike
    DR650SE L4
    Anyone else doing the Avon City Ride tomorrow this in on there web site.

Avon City Suzuki "BBQ" Ride
    Avon City Suzuki “BBQ” Ride Out
    Saturday the 8th October
    Join the Team at Avon City Suzuki for a Spring Ride to Okains Bay, Banks Peninsula.
    We will be meeting at the shop at 9.30am and departing at 10.00am, heading to Little River for a re-group and then over the hill to Okains Bay for a beachside BBQ.
    Bring along a pillion and your camera and enjoy a day on the Peninsula!

Bike
    WR250R DR650 Transalp650
    J and I are/were intending to go but not if it's wet.
    I understand it will still be on if it's only a bit drizzly but not if it's raining proper.
    Unlikely we'll go in drizzle though.

Bike
    DR650SE L4
    Was thinking the same, might give Dean a call in the morning to see whats going to happen.

Thread Information