Page 60 of 195 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110160 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm looking for Christchurch Adv rides

Bike
    XT660R / TTR250 / 2 old Montesa's
    Was a great ride guys....
    Good to get on roads I havn't riden before..
    Pete

90% of all Harleys built are still on the road... The other 10% made it back home...
    Ducati... Makeing riders into mechaincs since 1964...

Bike
    xr650
    Quote Originally Posted by bushy View Post
    Great shot Crim, the perfect day for it! will make the next one!

Not good to hear of the accident in there.
    Awesome shot good skills on the camera crim and stoner on da bike

Bike
    WR250R DR650 Transalp650
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoshoni View Post
    ....Was a cracker day for riding hope to do it again soon, when are we doing the CCC loop anyone know?
    Assuming the river levels remain low enough some people doing the Leithfield to Waipara pub ride (mostly dirt bikes) from Leithfield Pub at 10am on Saturday (1st Dec).
    Could start the CCC ride by attending that then and there, include the river ride one way on the way up?
    Expect some soft gravels, bit of sand and wet feet through to Waipara, then head to Motanau or Culverden to pick up the CCC depending upon the direction you want to go round.

cooneyr is snowed under with other stuff he has to do so said go without him.
    Last edited by Transalper; 26th November 2012 at 20:49. Reason: now Saturday
    www.remotemoto.com - a serious site for serious ADV riders, the ultimate resource in the making.
    Check out my videos on Youtube including... the 2011 Dusty Butt 1K - Awakino Challenge and others.

Bike
    xr650
    "What's all this talk about the Christchurch City Council - they sponsoring the ride ?"

Ya got a map of the complete route please ?

Cheers

Bike
    WR250R DR650 Transalp650
    Quote Originally Posted by brp View Post
    "What's all this talk about the Christchurch City Council - they sponsoring the ride ?"

Cheers
    No and No.
    www.remotemoto.com - a serious site for serious ADV riders, the ultimate resource in the making.
    Check out my videos on Youtube including... the 2011 Dusty Butt 1K - Awakino Challenge and others.

Bike
    Beautiful machines

Cheers
    Here's a vid from the one we did last year , I think it has a map in there somewhere too ...

http://www.youtube.com/peeteey
    If anyone is interested in Guitar or Bass lessons, please get in touch. Kids to Grandparents, Rock to Jazz and folk, any style you like. Professional teacher for many years.

Bike
    WR250R DR650 Transalp650
    It's Saturday now (the Pub Ride).

I'd still like to do the two together as one big ride Saturday.
    Link to .gpx file with approximate route to be navigated in DB1k off road mode or it will fail.
    Might have to right click and save as to get the .gpx.

Bike
    05 450 EXC, 990 S
    Quote Originally Posted by Transalper View Post
    It's Saturday now (the Pub Ride).

I'd still like to do the two together as one big ride Saturday.
    Link to .gpx file with approximate route to be navigated in DB1k off road mode or it will fail.
    Might have to right click and save as to get the .gpx.
    Thats the latest version of the CCC that we did last attempt. The other (original) version was via Limestone Rd (paper Rd) then out to Gore Bay and around to Culverden.

Yer - sorry way to much going on at the moment.

Cheers R
    "The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools." - Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher (1820-1903)

Bike
    WR250R DR650 Transalp650
    Quote Originally Posted by cooneyr View Post
    ...The other (original) version was via Limestone Rd (paper Rd) then out to Gore Bay and around to Culverden....
    I remember Limestone Rd but am not prepaired to send people that way.
    There is of course the option of bypassing Limestone Rd and still going through Gore Bay but I quite liked version 2 too.

Bike
    2009 Suzuki DR650SE

CCC Ride this weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by Transalper View Post
    I remember Limestone Rd but am not prepaired to send people that way.
    There is of course the option of bypassing Limestone Rd and still going through Gore Bay but I quite liked version 2 too.
    I am keen as have missed the other CCC rides for various reasons.

When & where are we meeting?
    Don't dream it - Be it!

Bike
    WR250R DR650 Transalp650
    Quote Originally Posted by TangoCharlie View Post
    When & where are we meeting?
    Saturday 10am at the old Leithfield Pub carpark(ish) to include the Riverbed/beach bit or I guess let me know if you are coming but skipping the river and meet an hour and a half to two hours later at the Waipara Pub for just the CCC loop bit.
    I actually have no idea how long it will take on the rivers and beach road between Pubs.

Was hoping to hear from Shoshoni whether he is able to go Saturday as it was him that wanted to go in the first instance.

Bike
    DR650SE L4
    I'm keen just waiting to get a part fixed I pick it up Friday, I should be ready for Saturday fingers crossed.
    Not sure what way round you peeps want to go, I have no time constraints except to stop and let my arse rest.
    Are the beach roads like Bayleys Rd Between Birdlings Flats & Taumutu.
    Also is the Leithfield Pub the one by Old Main North Rd & Mill Rd?

Bike
    WR250R DR650 Transalp650
    My fingers are crossed for you too then.

Leithfield meeting point as I understood it is indeed around about the corner of Mill Rd and Old main North Rd. There is river access almost right there as a continuation of Old Main Nth Rd.
    Don't know if that Pub is actually still operating, heard that it suffered damage but no recent news and this will be my first time past it in several years.
    As to the Beach roads.... have not ridden the Pub to Pub route but have been told you can ride on the beach on the sand (bit like Ninety Mile beach I assume) or use some kind of road just in from the beach which I assume to be firmer and less sandy than the beach itself. You can see wheel tracks on Google Maps along the beach edge just north of the end of Newcombes Road but they disappear later so the beach may be easier to navigate on. Could pick up Golf Links Rd at Amberley beach. I really wish I had a track log to follow but going to have to make it up as we go.
    I have been up and down the river that runs through Leithfield but not done much of the Waipara one other than a little geocaching very near the SHW1 bridge.
    If the Transalp was my only bike I would be happy to have a go at this ride with E09's on but since the WR is there and will be more fun and less likely to need a hand with on the river beds I will be using that.
    DR should be fine, again better with E09 style tyres for any soft bits. I remember some of the river by the Leithfield being like the Eyre River or Selwyn riverbed with a mix of gravels big and small and reasonably shallow water to zig zag through. Heaps of fun on a warm day. Waipara river will be wetter... so I'm told.

As for CCC direction/version, maybe we just repeat the last one, go via Ethelton, skip the seal bit through Gore bay? Not much in it either way.

Bike
    xr650
    Quote Originally Posted by Peeteey View Post
    Here's a vid from the one we did last year , I think it has a map in there somewhere too ...

Thank you Peeteey -

Bike
    WR250R DR650 Transalp650
    Thank you Peeteey -
    Hey, you were talking about using android GPS apps for the dusty butt, give that .gpx in my earlier post (#892) a whirl to see how well that set up might work. Have to send you up front to see what happens.
    Better than the map you asked for.

Thread Information