Page 94 of 195 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104144194 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 2918

Thread: I'm looking for Christchurch Adv rides

Bike
    DR650SE L4
    Quote Originally Posted by Transalper View Post
    thinking about lunch at Little River or Duvachelle or Akaroa Saturday (tomorrow). Could just do lazy sealed roads or possibly have my arm twisted to Western Valley or similar. WR is being serviced so using the Transalp this weekend.
    Anyone else got nothing to do?
    J has had something distract her for the day so I now need to find my own entertainment.
    Be nicer if the wind lightens up.
    I could tag along all depends on what time you were thinking about leaving?

Bike
    WR250R DR650 Transalp650
    Guess I'd leave home about 10 so meet somewhere like the Shell garage down Colombo St near the hill and leave there about 10:30am? Not really concerned other than maybe like to be eating by 1pm.
    What suits?
    www.remotemoto.com - a serious site for serious ADV riders, the ultimate resource in the making.
    Check out my videos on Youtube including... the 2011 Dusty Butt 1K - Awakino Challenge and others.

Bike
    DR650SE L4
    Sound's good see you at Shell

Bike
    WR250R DR650 Transalp650
    yep, cool.
    www.remotemoto.com - a serious site for serious ADV riders, the ultimate resource in the making.
    Check out my videos on Youtube including... the 2011 Dusty Butt 1K - Awakino Challenge and others.

Bike
    Beautiful machines
    Quote Originally Posted by Skinny_Birdman View Post
    I like the applause as you pull into the Waipara gas station at the end running on fumes! . Great vid!
    Thanks man, the music was a live gig, Jon Lord (of deep purple fame) and the Hoochie Koochie men, so tried to time the end of the song with the end of the vid, applause was unintended but worked well

That ride, other than being great fun, also helped me figure out just how far I can get on a tank. Not far, it seems ... About 230 ish Kms
    http://www.youtube.com/peeteey
    If anyone is interested in Guitar or Bass lessons, please get in touch. Kids to Grandparents, Rock to Jazz and folk, any style you like. Professional teacher for many years.

Bike
    WR250R DR650 Transalp650
    Just discovered the Molesworth is also now officially open from yesterday until Easter, weather etc permitting. (link)
    Rainbow was due to open yesterday but got washed away so may be delayed until repaired so should check before bowling on in there. (link)

Bike
    WR250R DR650 Transalp650
    Quote Originally Posted by cynna View Post
    anyone keen on doing edwards and mallings pass on saturday 9th november? few weeks away but i will be going then depending if we can get access on that date
    Have half a thought of taking the camping gear and aiming for the Saturday night in one of the huts in the area then doing the rest of the Rainbow while there.

Bike
    3 black ones
    Have half a thought of taking the camping gear and aiming for the Saturday night in one of the huts in the area then doing the rest of the Rainbow while there.

that's a good plan. I wont be able to do it this time round but hopefully get the chance after xmas

Bike
    DRZ400E
    I've still got this date locked in, I'm making my way down to the Catlins this week, will be spending about a week riding in the area GPS logging and researching routes for the Divider Ride then heading back up to Karamea aiming to tee up with you guys in Christchurch on the 9th. I'll be camping up/fishing for two or three days, Saturday night will most likely be the hut we stayed in last time.

Plans may change if I spend longer in the Catlins but keen to catch up so at this stage it's all go, I'll keep in touch

Cheers

Bike
    Beautiful machines

Sad day ...

Hi folks, the time has come to sell my beautiful '99 DR350. I'm gonna put it on Tardme next week but thought I'd let you folks know in advance in case anyone here wants it first.

1999 Dirt model (kicker)
    Good nick, well used but very reliable and lots of fun!
    Comes with:

Stock tank and larger Ascerbis 15L tank (I think it's 15L).
    Spare set of wheels so I can do a quick swap out from road tyres and gearing to dirt tyres, rimlocks and lower ratio gears.
    Bunch of spare (used) tyres in varying states.
    Box of stuff I've collected along the way.
    Has rack on the back for mounting Top Box. Rack has very handy handles for enabling people to help you out of the mud!
    Extra windscreen hand fashioned by Transalper himself
    REG(on hold)/WOF, never had an issue ...

Probably some other stuff too that I've quite possibly forgotten ATM.

021-135-4343 if you're interested ...

Cheers!
    If anyone is interested in Guitar or Bass lessons, please get in touch. Kids to Grandparents, Rock to Jazz and folk, any style you like. Professional teacher for many years.

Bike
    blackbird,africa twin,xt600,xt 600tenere
    Hi peeteey...did you buy the xt?

Bike
    Beautiful machines
    Quote Originally Posted by thepom View Post
    Hi peeteey...did you buy the xt?
    I don't know what you're talking about

Bike
    By the way....my scuffed up acerbic fuel tank is on trade me for an xt600e if you want a deal....

Bike
    Beautiful machines
    Quote Originally Posted by thepom View Post
    By the way....my scuffed up acerbic fuel tank is on trade me for an xt600e if you want a deal....
    I've got one of those on there already, Those things are massive! Great price tho. Hmm

don't suppose you've got a nice open exhaust for one too? Mines very quiet and as such feels very restricted.

And how the smeg do I change the headlight bulb? do they just pull out or do they twist?

Bike
    Sorry no exhaust and its a twist bulb...

Thread Information