Page 9 of 195 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm looking for Christchurch Adv rides

Bike
    2022 Honda CB500X, CBR150RS F4 Bucket
    Quote Originally Posted by ADVGD View Post
    I checked my PM's and for the life of me I can't see my invite
    Same thought crossed my mind
    Sometimes you wish it was easier, but if it was, everyone else would do it, then you remember you don't want to be like everybody else!

Bike
    Yamaha DT230
    Quote Originally Posted by timg View Post
    Same thought crossed my mind
    Sorry guys, t'was very impromptu. He only came round to drop off his bike & ended up being very late for tea!
    But if you want a wee bit more warning, how about a McKenzie Country gravel ride tomorrow? I'm keen to show a Canadian visitor the Haka, Menzie's & Myers Passes, lunch at Kurow & home via BlackForest, Brothers & Chequered Flag for a beer. Anyone keen ping me a message.

Bike

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by XF650 View Post
    how about a McKenzie Country gravel ride tomorrow? I'm keen to show a Canadian visitor the Haka, Menzie's & Myers Passes, lunch at Kurow & home via BlackForest, Brothers & Chequered Flag for a beer. Anyone keen ping me a message.
    Some of us gotta work Have fun.
    Sometimes you wish it was easier, but if it was, everyone else would do it, then you remember you don't want to be like everybody else!

Bike
    Yamaha DT230
    Quote Originally Posted by timg View Post
    Some of us gotta work Have fun.
    Didn't your work get munted?

Bike
    Didn't your work get munted?
    Yep, but they found somewhere else to put me so atleast I can afford to play with my toys. Superior are up and sorting out their shop so hopefully my KTM bits are not too far away

Bike
    WR250R DR650 Transalp650
    Both those rides would have been nice XF650 but alas I'm not able to attend.
    Getting dirty on the Waiau Trail ride on Sunday though so not all bad. (Prepaid that one about 6 weeks ago).
    www.remotemoto.com - a serious site for serious ADV riders, the ultimate resource in the making.
    Check out my videos on Youtube including... the 2011 Dusty Butt 1K - Awakino Challenge and others.

Bike
    06 VFR800, 03 WR450F
    Quote Originally Posted by Transalper View Post
    Both those rides would have been nice XF650 but alas I'm not able to attend.
    Getting dirty on the Waiau Trail ride on Sunday though so not all bad. (Prepaid that one about 6 weeks ago).
    Saw that ride on myrides.co.nz, how come entries are closed, do they only take limited numbers?
    I'm going to be doing the Mt Torlesse ride on Sunday 17th April, maybe we should try and get a kiwibiker group together, you keen TA? See with we can drag Ryan out to
    If you're not living on the edge you're taking up to much room!
    Life begins where your comfort zone ends!

Bike
    WR250R DR650 Transalp650
    mmmm another $50 entry so soon, don't tend to do many of these rides.... I wish I could get my money tree to grow faster... or even grow at all.
    Probably now but will have another look after Waiau.

Also yes, the Waiau ride is limited to 500 riders each day. Saturday sold out before we even got round to entering.
    www.remotemoto.com - a serious site for serious ADV riders, the ultimate resource in the making.
    Check out my videos on Youtube including... the 2011 Dusty Butt 1K - Awakino Challenge and others.

Bike
    DRZ400E
    Nice one mate, have a good ride

Quote Originally Posted by mattsdakar View Post
    I'm going to be doing the Mt Torlesse ride on Sunday 17th April, maybe we should try and get a kiwibiker group together, you keen TA? See with we can drag Ryan out to
    At this point I think I will be in Chch on the weekend of the 17th so well keen at this stage, it'd be good to get out for a ride with Ryan again... hint hint there mate

Doing a bit of a run this Sunday if you are keen, Molesworth, Porika, Braeburn, New Creek to Denniston, Karamea

Radiator all fixed Matt?

Bike
    91 R80GS
    Probably now but will have another look after Waiau.

Also yes, the Waiau ride is limited to 500 riders each day. Saturday sold out before we even got round to entering.
    Prob more than half the off road riding population of Nelson heads to that one. I'llhave to get a bit more prepared & get in early for that next year.
    In life as in dance Grace glides on blistered feet

Bike
    05 450 EXC, 990 S
    Saw that ride on myrides.co.nz, how come entries are closed, do they only take limited numbers?
    At this point I think I will be in Chch on the weekend of the 17th so well keen at this stage, it'd be good to get out for a ride with Ryan again... hint hint there mate
    Motorbikes? Riding? Kiwibiker? Apart from having to commender use of a ill tempered 50cc noise maker (doesnt do much else) for the past 4 weeks (bicycle still inside orange zone 4). I've not done more than walked past the KTM. Hanging out for the Wairau Ride and could have my arm twisted to do the Mt Torlesse ride. I'll look it up - myrides? I think I need some time off!

Cheers R
    "The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools." - Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher (1820-1903)

Bike
    800XC

where's the photos, Struan?

Hope you had a great ride yesterday, Struan where's your photos (so I can just imagine for a second that I didn't have a bloody parent teacher interview and I was there as well )

Bike
    Yamaha DT230
    Quote Originally Posted by Crim View Post
    Hope you had a great ride yesterday, Struan where's your photos (so I can just imagine for a second that I didn't have a bloody parent teacher interview and I was there as well )
    It was a great ride, even managed to fit in some work calls. And being able to show an overseas visitor our back yard was a treat, even though he would have found the XF's to be "slugs" compared to what he normally rides. His road bikes are a ZX14 & a DL1000, plus he motox's a RMZ450 & enduro races a KTM 450 with big bore kit. But he still enjoyed our gravel & scenery.

At one stage I discovered that Freewinds can fly, but they don't land very well !! Sturdy boots (Crossfires) & decent pressure suit saved the day, but I will need a new helmet.
    Might post some pics tonight but they aren't that great.

Bike
    DRZ400E
    It was a great ride
    Good to hear mate, look forward to some pics

I am presuming this is a private land access ride with a few $ dropped off to the land owner? Do you have any track info, curious if your planned route is near Lake Rubicon or is more towards the Broken River side of the range

Bike
    800XC
    Doing a bit of a run this Sunday if you are keen, Molesworth, Porika, Braeburn, New Creek to Denniston, Karamea
    Bloody wife and kids - yesterday missed out cos of parent teacher interviews.
    Sunday missus is organising a neighbourhood / community "earthquake, schmearthquake - keep smiling" BBQ / get together - I tried the old "ride would get me smiling, honey" but didn't seem to cut the mustard - go figure, eh?
    What's that book called "men want to ride motorbikes and women are from venus" or some such thing - I would love to do the Molesworth / Rainbow before they close but looks like I will be slaving over a hot BBQ!

Thread Information