Page 100 of 195 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110150 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 2918

Thread: I'm looking for Christchurch Adv rides

Bike
    DRZ400E
    Quote Originally Posted by whatastoner View Post
    Thanks for the invite cynna. Can't make it. I'm not in the country right now.
    Pretty flimsy excuse... =)

Bike
    DR650SE L4
    Spoke to DOC about the tracks and they have said it's wet and boggy some place's need repair and drainage fixed before heavy vehicles can use it.
    So should be fun, I think those on the lighter bike should carry all our gear that way we can keep up with them.

Bike
    WR250R DR650 Transalp650
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoshoni View Post
    ...I think those on the lighter bike should carry all our gear that way we can keep up with them.
    Doesn't sound like a very good idea to me
    www.remotemoto.com - a serious site for serious ADV riders, the ultimate resource in the making.
    Check out my videos on Youtube including... the 2011 Dusty Butt 1K - Awakino Challenge and others.

Bike
    3 black ones
    lucky the teneres have a 'towing out of quicksand hook" for when we get stuck

Bike
    DR650.
    Hi. Ive been on google maps checking the roads. It looks like a long way in, maybe 180 ks ? to lake tennison.

I only get 200ks before reserve tank, so ill be taking another tank container.

I most likely return the same day, so may only go in 200 ks max.

Caltex hanmer hours are.... Saturday and Sunday 7.30am to 6.00pm

Bike
    WR250R DR650 Transalp650
    My mapping software and ADVGD's site add up to...
    Hanmer to Lake Tennyson is 62km one way.
    Edwards pass is 19.2km one way.
    Mailings Pass is 12.3km one way.

So.... 187km round trip. Add 22km round trip to Island Gully hut if your camping... or 34km round trip if we end up at the Sledgemere one.
    www.remotemoto.com - a serious site for serious ADV riders, the ultimate resource in the making.
    Check out my videos on Youtube including... the 2011 Dusty Butt 1K - Awakino Challenge and others.

Bike
    DR650SE L4
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboy View Post
    Hi. Ive been on google maps checking the roads. It looks like a long way in, maybe 180 ks ? to lake tennison.

I only get 200ks before reserve tank, so ill be taking another tank container.

I most likely return the same day, so may only go in 200 ks max.

Caltex hanmer hours are.... Saturday and Sunday 7.30am to 6.00pm
    Fill up at Hanmer which is normally the case for us so fuel shouldn't be a problem and a lot of us have large tanks to share fuel if it did.
    We will be back in Hanmer before anything is closed.

Bike
    DR650, Valkyrie
    Have a great ride guys, may the weather gods be on your side!! Look forward to the ride report.

Next ride for me is Invercargill to pay homage to Burt, any one else heading down?

Bike
    Beautiful machines
    All packed, just need to attach it all to the bike Should be fun trying. Bloody tent takes up half the bike!
    Camera charged, phone charged, other camera charged, other phone with spare battery charged.
    I've packed a tow rope and almost every other tool I have in the garage so if anyone (read: me) gets stuck then they can be pulled out by someone (read: you)

PS my tent is a 2 person so if anyone needs somewhere to sleep and doesn't have a tent and wants to risk it, I have room ...
    Last edited by Peeteey; 8th November 2013 at 21:18. Reason: row rope? it's either good at rowing or good at arguing :)
    http://www.youtube.com/peeteey
    If anyone is interested in Guitar or Bass lessons, please get in touch. Kids to Grandparents, Rock to Jazz and folk, any style you like. Professional teacher for many years.

Bike
    WR250R DR650 Transalp650
    Just remember if ya using panniers on the bike you need to keep the weight from pressing the side panels or bags themselves on to the exhaust. Things melt and/or burn.

Bike
    blackbird,africa twin,xt600,xt 600tenere
    Where on the bike are you strapping the guitar peeteey? Lol

Bike
    86.249 93.398 00.944
    Bugger, had it in my head that I was on call for work this weekend but turns out I'm not, otherwise I would have been going mad with the welder and sorting gear carting stuff on the drz so I could come along for the ride.

Have fun.
    Riding cheap crappy old bikes badly since 1987

Tagorama maps: Transalpers map first 100 tags..................Map of tags 101-200......................Latest map, tag # 201-->

Bike
    3 black ones
    better get some sleep if im to get there on time. not raining at the moment so fingers crossed

Bike
    Beautiful machines
    Quote Originally Posted by Transalper View Post
    Just remember if ya using panniers on the bike you need to keep the weight from pressing the side panels or bags themselves on to the exhaust. Things melt and/or burn.
    This bike has proper panier mounting bar things but I've got everything in top box or on seat behind me. (hopefully, am still in bed planning!)

Quote Originally Posted by thepom View Post
    Where on the bike are you strapping the guitar peeteey? Lol
    Ha ha, most guitar bags have straps so you can wear them as a backpack but they're a pain as the neck acts like a giant sail!

Quote Originally Posted by neels View Post
    Bugger, had it in my head that I was on call for work this weekend but turns out I'm not, otherwise I would have been going mad with the welder and sorting gear carting stuff on the drz so I could come along for the ride.

Have fun.
    Bummer, would have been fun to have you along!
    http://www.youtube.com/peeteey
    If anyone is interested in Guitar or Bass lessons, please get in touch. Kids to Grandparents, Rock to Jazz and folk, any style you like. Professional teacher for many years.

Bike
    DR650SE L4
    Webcam images not looking good I hope it's blue sky's on the other side.

http://www.takeabreak.co.nz/new-zeal...hanmer-springs

Thread Information