Page 50 of 195 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm looking for Christchurch Adv rides

Bike
    88 GL145, 81 cm400 custom, 03 KLR650a
    Quote Originally Posted by junkmanjoe View Post
    Wondering if anyone know of anyone with a house / flat in the area we could rent for a while.
    I have a spare room at my place in Rangiora. Not much room though. I'm only a 2 bedroom flat, just off the main street.

Bike
    xr650
    Population really shot up out in rangoon since the quakes - demand for rental high - probably trademe with the rest looking best chance.

If comes to the worse you could always hire a caravan or pitch a tent and stay at the st johns baptaist camp site (some bible crowd owns the land) off top end of marshlands road (motorway end)

Few years ago had friends staying there and had container and a caravan parked up plus 2 kids 2 dogs - $70 a week including power onsite kitchen

Well run - clean - onsite caretaker - no bible bashers

Bike
    2009 Suzuki DR650SE

Greta Hights Demo Day

If the weathers ok, I'm heading up to the new Greta Heights Dirt Bike Park on Sunday to check out the demo day and ride the $40 tracks.
    Linton has some Gas Gas bikes on show, and I am kean to see the combined Clarke, Clutch / Rear Rear Lever in action....
    Don't dream it - Be it!

Bike
    xr650
    Have fun big boy - any chance of yah getting some go-pro footage or photos of the mx track and trails ?

Cheers

Bike
    xr650

Banks Peninsula Ride 6/10/ (This Saturday)

Be keen to check out Hickory Bay or the "Robinson's Bay Hill" or both .......

Bike
    2009 Suzuki DR650SE
    Quote Originally Posted by brp View Post
    Have fun big boy - any chance of yah getting some go-pro footage or photos of the mx track and trails ?

Cheers
    Sure can, (unless I crash) and will have to destroy it.....
    Don't dream it - Be it!

Bike
    2009 Suzuki DR650SE

Goat Rock Road into Lavericks Bay??????

Be keen to check out Hickory Bay or the "Robinson's Bay Hill" or both .......
    I cant make it on Saturday as working at Katmandu Aventure Race (Surf Life Guard Manager) at Brooklyns, but am keen to know if you can get down from the end of Goat Rock Road into Lavericks Bay.
    I have been to the end track above the bay, but wasn't keen on heading down into the farm area by myself. It would make a great round trip if you can get through....
    Don't dream it - Be it!

Bike
    WR250R DR650 Transalp650
    I'm good to go on Saturday.
    Hoping to have new gearing on the WR to test out by then.
    www.remotemoto.com - a serious site for serious ADV riders, the ultimate resource in the making.
    Check out my videos on Youtube including... the 2011 Dusty Butt 1K - Awakino Challenge and others.

Bike
    xr650
    Cheerz Tango - good on ya serving ya community

Hope no farmer comes out with a shotgun if we check out the end of Goat Rock Road into Lavericks Bay

Hows meet 10.30AM on Saturday 6/10 at the Shell Garage on Colombo St and depart 10.45AM ? (Shell Garage - 500m from bottom of the hill on Colombo st)

Bike
    XT660R / TTR250 / 2 old Montesa's
    The first week & half out of the way in ChCh..
    Dam its boreing with out anything to do.."No bikes"
    I hope to have them down in a few weeks..trying to find a
    storage unit to put them in..But dam they want silly prises
    for them aswell...Or maybe I'm just cheap..

I'm sorting out all my crap at the moment... Its amazing
    how much "I may just find a use for that one day crap..I have collected"
    Pete

90% of all Harleys built are still on the road... The other 10% made it back home...
    Ducati... Makeing riders into mechaincs since 1964...

Bike
    WR250R DR650 Transalp650
    Good ride today, always a pleasure to ride with Shoshoni.
    Now what on earth happened to brp?? We waited until 11am then went on our way over Dyers Pass.
    Going down in to Governers Bay two XR650's passed us and we followed them all the way to almost Port Levy thinking brp was one of them, but lost sight before the start of Western Valley Rd and since no one was waiting to say turn here (guess it wasn't brp after all) we ended continuing round to Pigeon Bay and beyond.
    Lots of gravel, hills and bays later (including a gravel stock road I don't remember ever riding before) it start raining then hailing so from Okains Bay we headed back up to the summit where the hail had settled making it look like snow (or was it snow?) and turned toward home.
    www.remotemoto.com - a serious site for serious ADV riders, the ultimate resource in the making.
    Check out my videos on Youtube including... the 2011 Dusty Butt 1K - Awakino Challenge and others.

Bike
    xr650
    Communication breakdown

Didn't think anyone keen, we waited for ya in little river togo to robinsons bay, yeah that hail was full on there for a bit

Bike
    WR250R DR650 Transalp650
    So it was you then?
    5 posts above I said I was good to go.
    We went near Robisons Bay but not actually that far... Pigeon Bay - down Dauvochell Stock Rd - up Pipers Valley Rd - Little Akaloa - Okains Bay - Summit 3rd time - Harmins Trk - home.
    You have to stop at the major turns, we had no idea how you planned to get to Robinsons Bay.

Bike
    DR650SE L4
    Communication breakdown

Didn't think anyone keen, we waited for ya in little river togo to robinsons bay, yeah that hail was full on there for a bit
    Was a shame we all didn't stay together but still had a good ride even after the weather turned on us. Riding in the hail reminded me of playing paintball.

Bike
    2009 Suzuki DR650SE

Greta Heights Dirt Bike Park

Had a great ride at this new park today. Main track is 15km of assorted terrain including grass paddocks, shingle farm tracks, single trail, and few testing hill climbs. There is also a MX track using natural / steep terrain. Well worth a look. I am trying to upload a lap vid...
    Don't dream it - Be it!

Thread Information