Page 187 of 195 FirstFirst ... 87137177185186187188189 ... LastLast
Results 2,791 to 2,805 of 2918

Thread: I'm looking for Christchurch Adv rides

Bike
    1988 xrv650
    Will have a go at photography for you Carl.

Bike
    F800GS
    Another short notice ride....
    I'm picking up the bike from BMS tomorrow morning and planned on heading through Random spur rd and Kaiwara rd on my way north in the afternoon. Anyone else keen?? Leaving BMS about 11ish, which is a much more civilized time than the other short notice ride

Bike
    1988 xrv650
    What and where is BMS?

Bike
    F800GS
    Quote Originally Posted by whatastoner View Post
    What and where is BMS?
    Oops.....
    Bavarian Motorcycle Services, Wordsworth street

Bike
    1988 xrv650
    Long way to get a service. Mothing closer to home or were you just passing through?

Bike
    1988 xrv650
    Left the peg just before 7am. Temperature varied from a balmy 12°C at waipara to a chilly 2°C in Culverden. Breakfast in Murchison at 10am. On through the Buller to the coast, fuel in Greymouth and a quick detour to Kopara. Back to CHCH via lake coleridge.

Bike
    2013 crf250l
    Nice. I saw you going thru the main street of Geraldine a couple of weekends ago. How many Kms have you done on the crf 1k now and how is it going.

Bike
    1988 xrv650
    Going great. 4000km and no problems to report.

Bike
    Honda 650 Africa twin and a Dommie
    Beautiful riding weather, I continued north on my own on Sunday, detoured via Motanau, Port Gore and those gravel roads out that way (somewhere I hadn't been before, always in a rush to get from a to b) then the inland route from Kaikoura and camped up the Lewis. which made a pleasant alternative route north.

Bike
    F800GS
    Quote Originally Posted by whatastoner View Post
    Long way to get a service. Mothing closer to home or were you just passing through?
    I had some "electrical issues" and Jim's a good mechanic who knows BMW's well, and has the knowledge/tools to do a good job I trust, and he came in special to open up for me No, there's no BMW service in the top of the south anymore, that I'm aware of. The trip's no great hardship either.
    It was a good ride home, I did what I wanted to do then decided I had enough time to get home before dark, it was a somewhat "spirited" ride home too
    Looks like yo had a good day out

Bike
    F800GS
    Quote Originally Posted by Underground View Post
    Beautiful riding weather, I continued north on my own on Sunday, detoured via Motanau, Port Gore and those gravel roads out that way (somewhere I hadn't been before, always in a rush to get from a to b) then the inland route from Kaikoura and camped up the Lewis. which made a pleasant alternative route north.
    They are nice roads to poke round on out that way. I can recommend Random spur and Kaiwara rds next time your down there. If I'd known you were camping out in the Lewis I might not've been in such a rush to get home.

Bike
    Honda 650 Africa twin and a Dommie
    Quote Originally Posted by JATZ View Post
    They are nice roads to poke round on out that way. I can recommend Random spur and Kaiwara rds next time your down there. If I'd known you were camping out in the Lewis I might not've been in such a rush to get home.
    I heard that you were in the area, I made my route up on the fly, I intended to head South via Haast but the weather looked really shit down there and sunny and calm in the north......so.

Bike
    Ducatis,Ktms

Starvation Gully Rd <-> Mackintosh Bay Rd ???

OpenGPS NZ Autorouting shows a possible link up from Starvation Gully RD out of Pidgeon to Mackintosh Bay Rd in to Menzies Bay, OpenGPS topo not so much.
    Does anyone know if this route is legit ? Done it? It looks from satellite like it may just be paddocks or farm tracks certainly doable on a lightweight but access may need to be obtained, any info anyone ?

Incidentally I'm planning a peninsula explore / Mototoken grab on Sunday if anyone wants to tag in....(probably leaving Z cashmere at 8 but please confirm yuh?)

P

Bike
    WR250R DR650 Transalp650
    I think you'll find a lot of fences and gates if you try join that up but that may be the glass is half empty view.
    Starvation gully is a cool little steepish zig zag up to a paddock at which point it kind of peters out from memory.
    The google earth view makes it look like it should be easier to follow than I remember.

I'd have gone (maybe an hour later) but will be doing the Trail Ride at McDonald Downs instead.
    www.remotemoto.com - a serious site for serious ADV riders, the ultimate resource in the making.
    Check out my videos on Youtube including... the 2011 Dusty Butt 1K - Awakino Challenge and others.

Bike
    Ducatis,Ktms
    Ta TA, it looks a bit like an 'Orange' adventure!! Same might be said for Goat Rock Rd to Lavericks by the looks of it.

enjoy the tail ride!

P

Thread Information