It's happened again, or so I thought. The BMW Sensor Gremlin returned, and now I can not start the bike in gear.
So I know the clutch sensor, side stand switch and gear select sensor are connected to the ECU, and that the side stand needs to be up and the clutch pulled in before the bike will start, but this time it seems to have me beat.
I have tried:
- a new clutch sensor (No joy)
- tested the new clutch switch for continuity (TOK)
- Tested voltage on clutch switch circuit (shows 12v at all times)
- Test the side stand switch (TOK)
- Stand up/down, kill switch on/off, in gear/neutral (all scenarios work except starting in gear)
- Tested gear selection sensor (display works correctly at all times)
In all other respects the bike rides well. Just won't start in first.
Any ideas out there?