Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Aprilia Toureg 600

Bike
    Very Modded DR650

Aprilia Toureg 600

I knew Aprilia made these but I've never seen one in the flesh. One has popped up on Trade Me.

$4k ono
    four valve overhead cam 562cc Rotax engine
    five speed box
    disk brake front and rear
    upside down front forks

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Mo...-353033692.htm

www.AdventureRidingNZ.co.nz NZ's dedicated Adventure Riding Community
    Forums, free GPS track downloads and much more. Now over 5700 members, are you one of them?

Bike
    F800GS
    Cool !!
    It sorta looks like a baby Elephant

Soooo EddieB, did ya ask the seller about seat height, and k's/l yet ?

Bike
    2002 KTM 640 Adventure
    I had a look at the specs for this bike and it does seem that most of that era, eg, Tenere, Cagiva, Tengai etc, all had around the same HP, weight and tank range...
    There is a lot of weight there, not much fuel range, 19 litres will not get that far, like the Tenere I had briefly. They are heavy, that's for sure, but bloody capable...
    Love the twin headlights still, all seem to model off the Tenere or A/T will very similar features....
    One thing to bear in mind as you are all well aware of, brake those plastics - with a fall, it is welding, rather than replacement....

They must be as rare as a KLR rider buying a KTM or a KTM rider buying a DR650...Whoops Strike that!
    I guess it ain't that rare after all....

Bike
    blackbird,africa twin,xt600,xt 600tenere
    That will be a tired old engine by now,and plastica are like rocking horse poo.....I,m sure there s cheap dr650 that would be better.....

Bike
    KLR650 WR450
    Quote Originally Posted by NZKTM View Post
    They must be as rare as a KLR rider buying a KTM ...Whoops Strike that!
    death to the infidel unbeliever...

actually you sounded a bit 'down' on ktm in your comments about monstamans 690 SM.

At least the top shock mount bolt I had to replace on the klr took less than 2 weeks to come from Japan.

Bike
    2002 KTM 640 Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by marks View Post
    actually you sounded a bit 'down' on ktm
    Parts and availability is all.....Service as well from some providers...

Bike
    RD350 KTM790R, 2 x BMW R80G/S, XT500
    Parts and availability is all.....Service as well from some providers...
    I've never had any problem with KTM, in fact rather the opposite.
    I had a bit of catastrophe outside of the warranty period and they came to the party to the tune of thousands of dollars. Sure the gear box and clutch parts took a while to arrive, but no longer than comparable Jap bits in my experience (and a fuck sight faster than BMW parts for my busted up 650).

Not to mention the fact that Boyds are fantastic to deal with.

Bike
    91 R80GS
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
    I've never had any problem with KTM, in fact rather the opposite.
    I had a bit of catastrophe outside of the warranty period and they came to the party to the tune of thousands of dollars. Sure the gear box and clutch parts took a while to arrive, but no longer than comparable Jap bits in my experience (and a fuck sight faster than BMW parts for my busted up 650).

Still got the G/S? Hows it going?
    In life as in dance Grace glides on blistered feet

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    At the risk of offending Adventure types or sounding 'gay' - why do they make the bikes so darn fuggly looking? I'm sure they could be 100% practical AND look smart too.

Bike
    2002 KTM 640 Adventure

You are right there, yes.....Took me a little while to find that out, but yes.
    I did say some...

Bike
    2002 KTM 640 Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    At the risk of offending Adventure types or sounding 'gay' - why do they make the bikes so darn fuggly looking? I'm sure they could be 100% practical AND look smart too.
    You have one thing right......practical it aint. Back in the day, these bikes were ridden by folk that can ride and don't fall off as much. Well, lemme' rephrase that.
    Back in the day, they fell off and could buy plastics and parts at the shop the next day.....
    These days, the type of bike you see now has to be molly coddled a little, if you fall and break the plastics, then you turn it into a naked street fighter and hang out with Honda riders at the cafe shooting the shit...
    Fu'ugly is in the eye of the beholder......Form follows function... Bauhaus and Walter Gropius and shit!

Bike
    KTM 2T & LC4
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    Fu'ugly is in the eye of the beholder......Form follows function... Bauhaus and Walter Gropius and shit!
    That's it. There's two main influences in the looks of these bikes: rallye racing and that European flair for the avant-garde.

Personally, I think cruisers are an abomination yet to many people they are the pinnacle of grace & elegance.

But most importantly, adv bikes are best appreciated from the riders seat, with most of the rest of it covered in dirt & scars - every one telling the story of a great ride. Who gives a rats arse what anyone else thinks it looks like?!
    Cheers,
    Colin

Quote Originally Posted by Steve McQueen
    All racers I know aren't in it for the money. They race because it's something inside of them... They're not courting death. They're courting being alive.

Bike
    RD350 KTM790R, 2 x BMW R80G/S, XT500
    Quote Originally Posted by Padmei View Post
    Still got the G/S? Hows it going?
    Love it
    Struggling with the idea of keeping original and mint - might have to sort out the front brake.

Bike
    91 R80GS
    Love it
    Struggling with the idea of keeping original and mint - might have to sort out the front brake.
    My engineer prob has aspare adapter for a nissin brake.
    In life as in dance Grace glides on blistered feet

Bike
    SWM RS 650R
    Quote Originally Posted by warewolf View Post
    That's it. There's two main influences in the looks of these bikes: rallye racing and that European flair for the avant-garde.

Personally, I think cruisers are an abomination yet to many people they are the pinnacle of grace & elegance.

But most importantly, adv bikes are best appreciated from the riders seat, with most of the rest of it covered in dirt & scars - every one telling the story of a great ride. Who gives a rats arse what anyone else thinks it looks like?!
    Yup....... each scratch on the sidecover or tank, every bashed up basplate, every cabletie holding something on, every ugly homemade farkle tells a way more interesting story than a shiny piece of chrome or a blindingly shiny wax job.
    Each to their own, but I would much rather spend a Sunday arvo scratching my bike up than polishing it,
    I mentioned vegetables once, but I think I got away with it...........

Thread Information