Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Kawasaki Concours 1400

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    If I had deeper pockets i'd love to get my hands on the new K1600GT. Nom nom.
    Looks like the GT is going to be $46K ish and the GT-L about $49k. Hrmph.
    Your chances of buying that bike are so slim, it may as well be available on Mars only Get yourself a fully equipped 2010+ R1200GSA... they're mint
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries

What's a Gold Wing in NZ new? I only ask as that is one of BMW's target markets in the USA with the 1600.

Seriously I can't imagine it selling at that price in NZ - many excellent much cheaper options.

Bike
    Concours 14, S10
    Quote Originally Posted by yod View Post
    Exaccery.........

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post

What's a Gold Wing in NZ new? I only ask as that is one of BMW's target markets in the USA with the 1600.

Seriously I can't imagine it selling at that price in NZ - many excellent much cheaper options.
    Yeah, the Goldwing is about $46k new from memory?

Just saw the Concours 2011 is around $30k, which ain't cheap either...
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    None any more
    Or you could buy a GSX1250FA and sex it up.

$16,500 ride away, with $3,000km for Givi Monokey system, $1,000 on the seat, $200 for heated grips, $3,000 for Ohlins rear and Race Tech fronts, $200 for a Scottoiler, $3,000 for airbox full Yoshi and a PowerCommander, and you've still got more than $16,000 change from a new BMW. Spend some of that on a zumo 550 and you've still got $15,000 change. Upgrade the screen and that's still $14,500 left to freight it to a foreign country and ride it around for a while.

You could perhaps even invest some of the remaining surplus to chuck on a set of radial mounted Brembos.

The only benefit the BMW would have against the fully sexed Suzuki as specced above, is fuel tank size and perhaps some super floozie gizmo information on the panel. The Suzuki is also not ugly and intrinsically assymetrical nor made in Germany. Make of that what you will.
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitcher View Post
    The Suzuki is also not ugly and intrinsically assymetrical nor made in Germany. Make of that what you will.
    Yeah... the BMW is just quality... The huge fuel tank and electronic suspension, plus 10k service intervals, oh, and shaft drive.

The BMW's ugliness I reckon makes it look more functional

Bike
    Austrian and Italian
    The only benefit the BMW would have against the fully sexed Suzuki as specced above, is fuel tank size and perhaps some super floozie gizmo information on the panel. The Suzuki is also not ugly and intrinsically assymetrical nor made in Germany. Make of that what you will.
    Perhaps you missed a digit in the post you quoted.
    K1600GT. 1649cc straight six. 160hp and 175nm. Nom fricken nom.

Even if I was talking about the 1200, i'd still pick the bmw. $20k for a low km one.

Bike
    2013 ZX14R SE
    Quote Originally Posted by yod View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by banditrider View Post
    Exaccery.........
    I know someone who's buying one....

Bike
    2013 ZX14R SE

$16,500 ride away, with $3,000km for Givi Monokey system, $1,000 on the seat, $200 for heated grips, $3,000 for Ohlins rear and Race Tech fronts, $200 for a Scottoiler, $3,000 for airbox full Yoshi and a PowerCommander, and you've still got more than $16,000 change from a new BMW. Spend some of that on a zumo 550 and you've still got $15,000 change. Upgrade the screen and that's still $14,500 left to freight it to a foreign country and ride it around for a while.

You could perhaps even invest some of the remaining surplus to chuck on a set of radial mounted Brembos.

All fair point to be sure...
    But the 1600GT one nice piece of kit! Would be a superb motorcycle provided it's reliable. Personally though i'd shoot straight for the middle and get a low milage Concours or FJR and kit it out with some nice bits including above mentioned suspension upgrades, Sargent seat etc..

Bike
    KTM 1290 SDR
    They're not bad buying in the UK at 15k pound. Absolute rip here though!
    Nunquam Non Paratus

Bike
    Concours 14, S10
    Quote Originally Posted by NZsarge View Post
    I know someone who's buying one....
    Spill.........

Bike
    None any more
    Perhaps you missed a digit in the post you quoted.
    K1600GT. 1649cc straight six. 160hp and 175nm. Nom fricken nom.
    Sometimes horsepower is overrated. At other times I miss what my FJR could do when asked.
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    GSA & WR
    Mmm that Beemer 1600 looks like a sweet machine but again the $$$ are going to put it out of so many peoples reach.
    Same can be said for a lot of the big BMW range, for the price of a big cube Beemer with 20-30k on the clock you can get a new Jap mile muncher. There is no doubt they make a good package but the price!!!!

Dealer got back to me today with a price we really cant refuse. Very generous with their accessory supply and fitments.......most were free!!! will even fit my supplied accessories for free and swap out the tires for PR3's, pretty much everything we asked for and most for free, very impressed.

Agreed in principal on the deal, just got to move some cash around and do the deed.

Bike
    Concours 14, S10
    Sometimes horsepower is overrated. At other times I miss what my FJR could do when asked.
    But torque is never overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Graham View Post
    Dealer got back to me today with a price we really cant refuse. Very generous with their accessory supply and fitments.......most were free!!! will even fit my supplied accessories for free and swap out the tires for PR3's, pretty much everything we asked for and most for free, very impressed.

Agreed in principal on the deal, just got to move some cash around and do the deed.
    Great news! I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Seeya on the road sometime...

Bike
    GSA & WR
    Quote Originally Posted by banditrider View Post
    But torque is never overrated.

Great news! I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Seeya on the road sometime...
    Heading down to Palmy in a couple of weeks (21st), if I can sort my self out I may give you a shout, wouldn't mind picking your brains if thats ok.

Thread Information