Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Secret abortions for under 18s? Good shit.

Bike
    2009, Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Secret abortions for under 18s? Good shit.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/5005...cret-abortions

It's sad how many people treat teenagers even at the age of 16 as though they own them and get to make all the decisions for them.

This lady honestly needs to pull her head in, if her daughter was uncomfortable telling her mum then she needs to realise that she's put the relationship in a state where the daughter isn't willing to communicate. Be pissed off at yourself, not at the law there to protect your daughter.

Bike
    Your mom
    The last thing we need in this world is more unwanted kids who are going to be raised by a crack whore.

Bike
    '07 Suzuki SV1000/S
    Quote Originally Posted by SMOKEU View Post
    The last thing we need in this world is more unwanted kids who are going to be raised by a crack whore.
    The last thing we need is more teenagers thinking that they have an 'easy' way out in case they get pregnant.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurch View Post
    The last thing we need is more teenagers thinking that they have an 'easy' way out in case they get pregnant.
    I agree with that, abortion law in NZ is stupid.

I think you can abort 20 weeks in (the feminists at uni think this isn't long enough). Babies can live from 20 weeks in some cases!!!!

And you have to either be very very stupid or get raped to become pregnant. The symptoms show pretty quickly when pregnancy has occurred, so 20 weeks?! Fuck off. No one should need that amount of time.

Bike
    EX500s - Ruby
    And in any other instance where there is a need for surgery the consent of the parent/s or legal guardians is required by law.
    Why should abortion be any different?
    Diarrhoea is hereditary - it runs in your jeans

If my nose was running money, I'd blow it all on you...

Bike
    Your mom
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurch View Post
    It's a hell of a lot better than having even more sluts breeding like rabbits when they can't even afford to feed themself.

"Put the dick down, and get a phucking job."

Bike
    2009 Sukuki Bandit 1250SA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by yungatart View Post
    And in any other instance where there is a need for surgery the consent of the parent/s or legal guardians is required by law.
    Absolutely: but i cant help thinking if they want to deny it they should be taking full responsibility for the upbringing of the child.

As for the other redneck comments
    whether or not to have a child is up to the parents not anyone else who thinks he speaks for all
    --------------------------------------
    Knowledge is realizing that the street is one-way, wisdom is looking both directions anyway

Bike
    None any more
    Let's not forget that most people who receive abortions are aged 32 and more. Abortion isn't a panacea for careless, randy teen females. Indeed a proportion of those CRTFs eschew the "careless" and deliberately seek pregnancy as a career option.
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    None any more
    Quote Originally Posted by yachtie10 View Post
    whether or not to have a child is up to the parents not anyone else who thinks he speaks for all
    "He"? Tsk.
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by yungatart View Post
    If you are aborting around 4 weeks or earlier you can usually just take a drug. As with going on the pill, this does not require parental consent.

The point of consent with surgery is people can die and you don't want a legal battle with parents. You think 16 year-olds can't make rational decisions? I think the rate of deaths with abortion is 0.2-1.2 per 100,000, it is an issue which only the mother harbouring the foetus should be able to choose. As soon as a teenager is put into a situation such as that, they can be very reasonable and rational with their choices. To say parents consent is necessary would absolutely demean the teenagers own choices, and no doubt if the parents didn't agree with the teenagers opinion would cause all sorts of mental issues and anguish through the rest of their lives. As for the non-teenage pregnant 11-12 year olds... well surely you wouldn't expect them to have a child.

Surely you are not so zealous for control to suggest if you had a pregnant 16 year old daughter you should be the one with the right to choose if she has an abortion or not?! Most parents would agree with the kids decision, but some wouldn't. And the law is to protect those people.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitcher View Post
    "He"? Tsk.
    all right
    but i was referring to the comment makers
    Knowledge is realizing that the street is one-way, wisdom is looking both directions anyway

Bike
    Big ol' Hornet.
    Quote Originally Posted by superman View Post
    And you have to either be very very stupid to get pregnant, or get raped.
    WTF??? Care to elaborate? Dunno if I'm just reading this in the wrong context but WTF?
    Do not handicap your children by making their lives easy.
    Heinlein

MotoTT Trackdays

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Goblin View Post
    WTF??? Care to elaborate? Dunno if I'm just reading this in the wrong context but WTF?
    There is the contraceptive pill, condoms, injection (using the pill and condom together would mean the chances of getting pregnant are 0.001% I think?). So yes... if you are having sex consensually and get pregnant you are very very stupid or so very unlucky to fall in the 0.001%. Or you wanted to get pregnant knowing full well it could happen. And don't really need to explain why rape can cause pregnancy.

Bike
    Big ol' Hornet.
    Quote Originally Posted by superman View Post
    There is the contraceptive pill, condoms, injection (using the pill and condom together would mean the chances of getting pregnant are 0.001% I think?). So yes... if you are having sex consensually and get pregnant you are very very stupid or so very unlucky to fall in the 0.001%. Or you wanted to get pregnant knowing full well it could happen. And don't really need to explain why rape can cause pregnancy.
    I'm well aware of contraception, Now you need to explain why a girl would have to be stupid to get raped.
    Do not handicap your children by making their lives easy.
    Heinlein

MotoTT Trackdays

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Goblin View Post
    No you have it right
    maths is not his strong point
    but judgeing others is

(or am I judging him harshly?)

Thread Information