Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are the sports bike riders the New Bad Guys?

Bike
    2004 SV1K

Are the sports bike riders the New Bad Guys?

What do you guys think, have the sport bike riders become more hated than the Harley rider in the general public's eyes?

The outlaw biker then,

The outlaw biker now,

Bike
    bandit
    Naaa ... Coloured-in nerds on Rice Rockets will never replace the 1%ers ...
    "So if you meet me, have some sympathy, have some courtesy, have some taste ..."

Bike
    2004 SV1K
    You could argue against that actually I cant remember when it was, but it was from a US survey asking motorcyclists if they obeyed the law, 99% of all motorcyclists asked said yes, leaving 1%.
    Thus your 1% patches and gangs and what not.

So you could argue a bulk number of ricers and their riders are '1%ers'.
    But I know what your saying,

I think its two different views, I think sportsbike riders are more classed as crazy and dangerous rather than intimidating

Bike
    bandit
    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenMistake View Post
    You could argue against that actually I cant remember when it was, but it was from a US survey asking motorcyclists if they obeyed the law, 99% of all motorcyclists asked said yes, leaving 1%.
    Thus your 1% patches and gangs and what not.

So you could argue a bulk number of ricers and their riders are '1%ers'.
    But I know what your saying,

I think its two different views, I think sportsbike riders are more classed as crazy and dangerous rather than intimidating
    The origins of "1%er" is somewhat apocraphyl .. but generally attributed to the head of the American Motorcycle Association who, in response to what supposedly occured in Hollister in 1947 said something like "It's only 1% of motorcyclists who cause all the trouble ..." (aprocraphyl because he claims he never said it ...) so, of course, those who wanted to be Chico picked up "1%er" ...

A second version is that 99% of all motorcycle clubs belong to the AMA .. so the non-AMA clubs were the 1%ers ...

And "Outlaw" comes from the same source .. some clubs were affiliated to the AMA and could run race meetings ... other clubs were not affiliated and ran "outlaw" race meetings ... i.e. not recognised by the AMA ... If you raced "outlaw" you couldn't race AMA ... hence the term "Outlaw" - which has come to mean something else today ...

And sports bike riders crazy and dangerous? Get real .. try facing a 1%er hyped on alcohol, THC, Tuinal and Sequenol ... and pointing a loaded pistol at your head .. (wasn't a friend any longer after that ...) I can't see a sportbike rider pulling that sort of shit ...
    "So if you meet me, have some sympathy, have some courtesy, have some taste ..."

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by Banditbandit View Post
    Get real .. try facing a 1%er hyped on alcohol, THC, Tuinal and Sequenol ... and pointing a loaded pistol at your head .. (wasn't a friend any longer after that ...)
    Did you get in trouble for it?

Bike
    Sold
    C'mon, the 1%'rs in this country are the "law abiding" ....

Bike
    rego on hold nick smith special
    Blog Entries
    Wrong.

Motards are the ultimate bad ass outlaws.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jump.jpg 
Views:	322 
Size:	46.3 KB 
ID:	241230 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	motard1.jpg 
Views:	334 
Size:	149.1 KB 
ID:	241228Click image for larger version. 

Name:	motard.jpg 
Views:	309 
Size:	59.1 KB 
ID:	241229
    ...Full throttle till you see god, then brake.

Bike
    Trans NZ Broliner
    I've seen a few mean dudes on scooters
    Churches are monuments to self importance

Bike
    675cc of pure awesome.
    I think posers who think they're bad mother fuckers come in all flavours from super sports to cruisers.

Unfortunately the vehicle as dick extension attitude seems to be brand independent.

Although I think I'd have to agree that the supermoto guys are probably craziest riders
    Stop showing up to the beating.

Bike
    bandit
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    Did you get in trouble for it?
    Naaa .. but the next day the cops turned up with a search warrant for firearms ... and went straight to where he hid the pistol .. So .. four of us were in the room that day . it wasn't him or me who called the law .. so one of the other two narked ...

I lost three friends that day .. One for being a dick and two others "on suspiscion" ...

Bike
    Royal Enfield 650 & a V8 or two..
    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenMistake View Post
    What do you guys think, have the sport bike riders become more hated than the Harley rider in the general public's eyes?

The outlaw biker now,
    Don't delude yourself D.M, ya look NOTHING like that

And, sadly, I have to tell you that a pimply faced oik like you ain't going to intimidate NOBODY!
    Winding up drongos, foil hat wearers and over sensitive KBers for over 14,000 posts...........
    " Life is not a rehearsal, it's as happy or miserable as you want to make it"

Bike
    Bikes!
    Oh noes, people might think something about me cause I ride some sort of motorcycle

Seriously, what is wrong with you guys? Who gives a crap anyway.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by imdying View Post
    Who gives a crap anyway.
    You must

You replied to this thread.
    Winding up drongos, foil hat wearers and over sensitive KBers for over 14,000 posts...........

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Naaa ..
    Sometimes my sense of humour is so obscure that I'm the only one who gets it.

Bike
    And sports bike riders crazy and dangerous? Get real .. try facing a 1%er hyped on alcohol, THC, Tuinal and Sequenol ... and pointing a loaded pistol at your head .. (wasn't a friend any longer after that ...) I can't see a sportbike rider pulling that sort of shit ...
    Must have been the booze, booze causes sooo much trouble, yeah, has to be the booze that's the problem...

Thread Information