View Poll Results: How many times have you crashed on the road?

Voters
295. You may not vote on this poll
  • Never

77 26.10%
  • Once

79 26.78%
  • Twice

42 14.24%
  • Three times

37 12.54%
  • Four times

15 5.08%
  • Five times

14 4.75%
  • Six or more times

31 10.51%
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: How many times have you crashed on the road?

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by Quasievil View Post
    You of all people shouldn't come on here and tell us about your crashes, its fucking funny you did though
    You sound reckless dude, for me as said once back in 1982 smidsu
    I spent my teens and early twenties riding like an idiot because I was an idiot.

I also spent five years as a courier riding like an idiot because I got paid more if I rode like an idiot.

Taught me a couple of things though - 1, riding like an idiot only lasts so long and 2, it taught me to recognise other idiots.

Bike
    CBR250R '89 MC19
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    2, it taught me to recognise other idiots.

So does a mirror

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by Parlane View Post
    So does a mirror
    Remind yourself of that each time you're brushing your teeth.

Self-examination doesn't always have to involve sticking your finger up your arse.

Bike
    CBR250R '89 MC19
    Remind yourself of that each time you're brushing your teeth.

Self-examination doesn't always have to involve sticking your finger up your arse.
    In reply to both statements:

Why? Will you be behind me?

Bike
    Kate
    Quote Originally Posted by Parlane View Post
    In reply to both statements:

Why? Will you be behind me?
    If he is it might be a good reason to stick your own finger there to keep others out

Bike
    2017 Husqvarana FS701
    I put down three times, but they were all sub-30kph so hardly worth noting. Had a couple of 'moments' on the track at 150kph - 200kph and some open road speed 'moments' but so far I have managed to save them all. (Touch wood).
    Nail your colours to the mast that all may look upon them and know who you are.
    It takes a big man to cry...and an even bigger man to laugh at that man.

Bike
    Thinking
    I spent my teens and early twenties riding like an idiot because I was an idiot.

I also spent five years as a courier riding like an idiot because I got paid more if I rode like an idiot.

Taught me a couple of things though - 1, riding like an idiot only lasts so long and 2, it taught me to recognise other idiots.
    And Coffee on Friday, we need to Man bond and find the love for each other we once had
    Ive run out of fucks to give

Bike
    . .
    I've crashed once in 27 years on the road. Plenty of times at buckets. Countless times in the dirt.

Bike
    Bikeless.NNnnnooooooooo!
    Blog Entries
    4 times in 36 years of road riding....but in that only one low speed drop on liquefaction silt in Chch in the the last 28 years...something to said for bullet proof youthful stupidity

Bike
    anyway suck my knob, and come down to the taupo track on the 23rd I will buy you a coffee
    Wow, that sounds hard to resist....

Quote Originally Posted by Taz View Post
    I've crashed once in 27 years on the road. Plenty of times at buckets. Countless times in the dirt.
    Dirt doesn't count surely! If so I have crashed many many times..... always on my own while doing something retarded (often on someone's lawn) that involves deep mud/sand/gravel/grass and getting some air.

Bike
    2007, Suzuki DR650
    1: Head on with a ute in 1983. Ute cut the corner and I hit it in the lefthand headlight and wrote it off.
    2: Shit in brake fluid and had a front bake lock up at 160k, brakes wouldn`t release.
    3: Hit lose chip on a corner just outside home and front end slid out at about 30k.

Bike
    2003 Kawasaki ZX6RR
    4 times for me(in the last year too)...
    1 big one when I thought regular jeans were ok...taken to the hospital and now one of my knees is missing 40% of a patella tendon and can't feel most of my knee (that's coming back), sucks big time having such a weak knee...but I ride on.
    I got wise after that and brought some motorcycle pants.

Next was trying to overtake a car in a 50k zone...bad idea, I grabbed the brakes and my bike fell over. I've since learnt that it's just not worth it and have since been thinking about overtaking just to have the car pull off to the right when I would've been overtaking.

Next going around a roundabout in the wet lent over...1 second I was thinking to myself that it was lent over pretty hard, next I was lying on the ground in the middle of the round about.

Finally, braking moderately in a straight line coming up to traffic lights, hit some oil or something and the front end just tipped over, went for a wee slide, got up and rode on.

The thing that's the most annoying to me is having to pop 50$ on new handlebars every time. I like to think that I ride reasonably safely around cars after my first 2 crashes and that I'm just unlucky

Bike
    Thinking
    Quote Originally Posted by otter View Post
    I like to think that I ride reasonably safely around cars after my first 2 crashes and that I'm just unlucky

Dude Im guessing youre a young chappy or a newbie ?

It really sounds to me like you need to get a bit smoother in your riding, and or at least settle down a bit?

If you want Im happy to ride with you a bit and perhaps give you a bit of guidedance and mentoring ( I started the KB mentor thing but since it turned into a big cock award I pulled out) I have helped many riders in the past.

Drop me a pm if you want.
    Ive run out of fucks to give

Bike
    '09 GSX-R750, '13 Hayabusa
    big cock award I pulled out

I just can't help myself at times.

Bike
    2003 Kawasaki ZX6RR
    Dude Im guessing youre a young chappy or a newbie ?

It really sounds to me like you need to get a bit smoother in your riding, and or at least settle down a bit?

If you want Im happy to ride with you a bit and perhaps give you a bit of guidedance and mentoring ( I started the KB mentor thing but since it turned into a big cock award I pulled out) I have helped many riders in the past.

Drop me a pm if you want.
    Cheers,
    PM sent.

Thread Information