Page 68 of 87 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1298

Thread: Hawke's Bay Ride Outs - is anyone there?

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by bart View Post
    Me and my brothers usd to race up and down the Little Manuhara on push bikes as kids. My father recently bought the land alongside the track. It used to be a lot more rutted but seems to be much better maintained these days.

Did you hit any of the hail and shit weather?
    There was some work going on in paddock on northern side on first few hundred metres in, didn't really notice who was there though.
    Weather was sweet, bit colder from Norsewood but that's normal, windy enough but not too bad.
    Lots of scenic tree lined shaded roads down that way, will have to explore more.
    Waihi falls was impressive, had spin on beach at Herbetville too.
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Looks like council have been in with digger and groomed the Tutaekuri river crossing approach on Waldon/Mangatutu. About 10m3 moved and nice flat approach.
    First section looked quite doable, water only about 2ft deep off to left but flowing fast, didn't fancy any unnecessary swimming lessons without back up
    Explored Te Kowhai down to gorge stream, lots of sharp rocks. Hillbilly neighbourhood watch came down on XR200, said hello but didn't want a race back to the top for some reason
    Waihou/Price/Hawkston roads all in good shape.

Bike
    Yamaha MT09 Tracer
    i crossed that river at waldon road one night, was anout the same as you said, 2 foot deep and a little too swift for my liking, made it over ok but went the long way home after that
    'the stickiest situation since sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun'

Cpt Edmund Blackadder

Bike
    uKTM Tiger 800xc
    got this pic sent to me recently of a drowned XR apparently after attempting to cross a fast flowing ford, not sure where it was but having drowned a bike myself its not a nice feeling

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bike_zps11d912a4.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	125.8 KB 
ID:	304228
    ....wherezz that track go

Bike
    Triumph XC 800
    Blog Entries
    Looks more like he went swimming with his motorcycle
    "Those who hammer there guns into plow shears will plow for those who do not" Thomas Jefferson

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Falcon View Post
    got this pic sent to me recently of a drowned XR apparently after attempting to cross a fast flowing ford, not sure where it was but having drowned a bike myself its not a nice feeling
    Was all over the classic club page, along with the recovery pics. At 'Dairy flat" where ever that is on the long way to rissington rally.
    Although the bigger pics looked a lot like the Makehu ford to me. Apparently the current washed out the front wheel.

Bike
    2007 Suzuki DR200 SE
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    Was all over the classic club page, along with the recovery pics. At 'Dairy flat" where ever that is on the long way to rissington rally.
    Although the bigger pics looked a lot like the Makehu ford to me. Apparently the current washed out the front wheel.
    You are right Raymond, it is Makehu Ford. Maybe XRJohnny could fill us in on what happened to his little 250 that day

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by DR Girl View Post
    You are right Raymond, it is Makehu Ford. Maybe XRJohnny could fill us in on what happened to his little 250 that day
    I thought as much and Johnny filled us in on the official version at the club yesterday. He seemed quite amused about all the variations the real story had evolved into.

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Last minute decision to go for ride this morning, have ridden past Morere hot pools without stopping so many times that was main mission to check out. Cooled off nicely in the main cold pool.
    Up the road took Tarewa road with the intent of cutting across back roads to tiniroto.
    Early on there was a Road Closed Ahead sign, then this minor obstacle https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0N...ew?usp=sharing

Or maybe they mean this potential launch pad, got over ok looks worse than it was (everything looks bad on roadbike) https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0N...ew?usp=sharing

Then holy moley unsignposted film set from Dukes of Hazard!!! https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0N...ew?usp=sharing

Was only going slow as ground quite soft there anyway. With several strong people and a rope you might get an adv bike past on the side/ditch/water table...

After doubling back had look up Gordon rd as far as farm gates on another potential through route then home via tiniroto.

Next mission think will stay night at Morere then do Tarndale and Motu explorations...

Bike
    Yamaha MT09 Tracer
    looks like a good ride, ive been through there..tawera road etc, itd be interesting to explore the linkups to tiniroto side..which could lead to a jaunt up te reinga etc.

i wemt for a ride with ross and wickle. me on xr250a (shakedown ride on latest trademe purchase) ross on dr and wickle (mark) on gs1000e took in gravel at mangakuri / claireinch roads, then long range etc to blackhead, then porangahau for lunch. not many bikes home via gravel and slabtop, rosco has vid footage
    'the stickiest situation since sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun'

Cpt Edmund Blackadder

Bike
    XRV750, DL650, KL250, XR200R
    What an awesome day for a ride, Who sez roadies cant do gravel, no worries for the big ole Suzy, narrow tyres and a rider that's been around on bikes longer than most of us meant we were only waiting about 2 min max at the end of the road and he was there looking for the next bit. Looks like he will be a starter for the back road ride around Wairoa on the 9th. Good on ya Mark.
    COP, "Ive been waiting to catch you all day"
    BIKER "Sorry officer, I got here as fast as I could"

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    The DR on farmland up at Titiokoura, helping out with the Trials championships today. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0N...ew?usp=sharing

More on tomorrow at Waimarama.

Some great skills on display. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0N...ew?usp=sharing

Bike
    2007 Suzuki DR200 SE
    Great pics Raymond Amazing what those trials riders can do with their bikes. Blows you away !

Bike
    2007 Suzuki DR200 SE
    Just had an awesome day riding gravel & the smaller scenic roads from Eskdale through to Tutira then up to the back of Wairoa
    Thank you so much for organising such an enjoyable day Ross & for putting on the most perfect weather.
    The lime green shades of the fresh country side was spectacular!
    Lovely to visit Rob & Fran's farm again. A great lunch spot. Nice to met Alastair & Bruce & have John along also.

Leave it to you Ross,to give more details on those backs roads

Bike
    uKTM Tiger 800xc
    That motorcycle adventure riding lark seems like a lot of fun.....have to give it a go one day.

The trials riding looked pretty interesting too.....might give that a shot one day too.
    ....wherezz that track go

Thread Information