Page 70 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1298

Thread: Hawke's Bay Ride Outs - is anyone there?

Bike
    uKTM Tiger 800xc
    Quote Originally Posted by pomgolian View Post
    Good news Marty plenty more tracks to explore, went for a blast today bit of fishing thrown in while i tried to find a track that is on the map but not on the ground "mrs farmer says not heard of that sonny & you cant come through here"

Then up over Darky's bit further on six logging trucks try to run me off the road had to hide in the ditch on one bend (did you see me Raymond), then on the way home two truck and trailers wanted the whole road so had to dive for cover in the ditch again.
    the universe is speaking to you Pomo....... ditch that DR and get an airhead (Logging truck)
    ....wherezz that track go

Bike
    Wrrrrrr
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Falcon View Post
    the universe is speaking to you Pomo....... ditch that DR and get an airhead (Logging truck)
    Had enough air heads in my time need to go lighter not heavier ! Though would luv a nice 100 GS PD. Next bike will be a WR250R just got to work how to get it.

You can mostly see the trucks coming by the dust cloud in the distance so u hide off the road then look on the truckers faces of WTF - the truck and trailer was more hairy as I didn't see it coming so we both had WTF moment

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by pomgolian View Post
    Then up over Darky's bit further on six logging trucks try to run me off the road had to hide in the ditch on one bend (did you see me Raymond), then on the way home two truck and trailers wanted the whole road so had to dive for cover in the ditch again.
    No was only a one off on Monday for me, for next article job. You know they were probably thinking the same about you
    Small farmlots (small private plantations) are making up quite a bit of the log harvest lately, you can expect the big gear up those roads at anytime these days. Keep an eye on the wheel tracks, you can usually see if big gear has been up the road recently (and therefore likely coming back).

5.15am on Monday... https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0N...ew?usp=sharing
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    When in Wairoa do not leave your helmet unattended on the beach.... No it didn't get stolen.......

Saw an older chap stuck in the mud with his 4wd by the river mouth by himself so went down to help... soon we had a few more helpers and a Terrano with tow line.
    Right at the pivotal moment of success when we got it moving one of the helpers dogs pissed on my helmet, visor open..... #suckstobeme.....
    One of those things that happens, lucky most of it stayed on the outside.... now undergoing full decontamination lol.....
    Felt good to help someone out in trouble anyway

Bike
    2007 Suzuki DR200 SE
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    When in Wairoa do not leave your helmet unattended on the beach.... No it didn't get stolen.......

Saw an older chap stuck in the mud with his 4wd by the river mouth by himself so went down to help... soon we had a few more helpers and a Terrano with tow line.
    Right at the pivotal moment of success when we got it moving one of the helpers dogs pissed on my helmet, visor open..... #suckstobeme.....
    One of those things that happens, lucky most of it stayed on the outside.... now undergoing full decontamination lol.....
    Felt good to help someone out in trouble anyway
    What are the chances of that happening? So unlucky ! Good on you for helping

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by DR Girl View Post
    What are the chances of that happening? So unlucky ! Good on you for helping
    And on a hot summer day too..... maybe the extra five mins at servo washing helmet saved me from something else, so many centre line crossers out there in the summer holiday traffic, tired lazy drivers aplenty.

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Todays mission was to explore Tarndale... ran into an old boss (one of the good ones) out of Gisborne so trip turned social and less exploring time though.
    Funny as one of the local coppers turned up as I left and told him where I was going, "oh I wouldn't go there..." he says.... I'm still alive lol....

Didn't realise when taking these pics I could have ridden up this river bed to base of the slip but was getting late anyway.... Pretty good trip, Mount Arowhana looked impressive.
    Motu mission for the next one I think...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0N...ew?usp=sharing

Bike
    XRV750, DL650, KL250, XR200R
    Went for a tour around Mahia yesterday, Havnt been there for about 20 years, bloody holiday metropolis now. was in the company of a couple of road bikes so limited any serios exploring. Napier/Wairoa rd was starting to bleed on the corners on the way home. Stopped at the Waikare pub for a break (As you do) and one of the others asked if they should be riding through the shiny patches on the corners, wasn't sure what to say without offending them, so gritted my teeth and politely explained the probable result of leaning the bike over in wet tar. Good day for doing just under 600 kms anyway.
    COP, "Ive been waiting to catch you all day"
    BIKER "Sorry officer, I got here as fast as I could"

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by Waipukbiker View Post
    Went for a tour around Mahia yesterday, Havnt been there for about 20 years, bloody holiday metropolis now. was in the company of a couple of road bikes so limited any serios exploring. Napier/Wairoa rd was starting to bleed on the corners on the way home. Stopped at the Waikare pub for a break (As you do) and one of the others asked if they should be riding through the shiny patches on the corners, wasn't sure what to say without offending them, so gritted my teeth and politely explained the probable result of leaning the bike over in wet tar. Good day for doing just under 600 kms anyway.
    Yes Tar bleed is to be avoided but as long as your ready for the possibility of a slide and commit to it with keeping the gas on its no worse than riding in the rain. Thought it was lot better yesterday than it was couple weeks ago when the GSXR lit up in third coming off the 45k rise by mohaka twisties.... I didn't leave Gissy till about 630pm, great takeaway feed at Makaraka by the opotiki turnoff.
    BTW livestock and wandering sheep were around in shocking numbers up Te Karaka way.... Someone seems to have finally culled the goats on wairoa road a little but still a few about.

Bike
    uKTM Tiger 800xc
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    BTW livestock and wandering sheep were around in shocking numbers up Te Karaka way.... Someone seems to have finally culled the goats on wairoa road a little but still a few about.
    Yes...take care out there folks
    ....wherezz that track go

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Johhny this is the book I was telling you about...

Emilio Scotto "The Longest Ride"

http://www.bookdepository.com/Longes.../9780760346501

Bike
    XR650R, XR200RC, DRZ250K5
    Thanks for that R650R , Got it from the Napier library today.
    They had to retrieve it from 'underground storage'. Seems that they deem it to be not so interesting anymore!! . . Way too much prime shelfspace used up with Cooking, Knitting & Rugby books.

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by XRJohnny View Post
    Thanks for that R650R , Got it from the Napier library today.
    They had to retrieve it from 'underground storage'. Seems that they deem it to be not so interesting anymore!! . . Way too much prime shelfspace used up with Cooking, Knitting & Rugby books.
    Cheers let us know when your done reading what you think, I found it hard to put it down.

Bike
    various

Ride more

Anybody keen on a short gravel ride Sunday , have just ditched the walking stick and need to ride . Looking at heading out back of Tuitira around ten from Bay View , if you're keen let me know . ( I will be off the pace a bit due to a still rooted knee )
    THE GREATEST ACHIEVEMENTS ARE FOUND OUTSIDE OUR COMFORT ZONE

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by Denniso View Post
    Anybody keen on a short gravel ride Sunday , have just ditched the walking stick and need to ride . Looking at heading out back of Tuitira around ten from Bay View , if you're keen let me know . ( I will be off the pace a bit due to a still rooted knee )
    He's not joking about the stick either, heard you dropped by Prob missed out on seeing more local ferals clobbered with it again...

Had a sympathy crash for you on Dingo, off to empty out mtb park now with my knee that looks like an Ebola outbreak "Yeah just got back from Sierra Leone...."
    Will we stop for Pies at Tutira, I'm in ;p

Thread Information