Page 79 of 87 FirstFirst ... 29697778798081 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 1298

Thread: Hawke's Bay Ride Outs - is anyone there?

Bike
    2007 Suzuki DR200 SE
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Falcon View Post
    Awesome trip and write up mate.

Thanks Robyn. Have had the carb out 4 times in the last week trying to sort a backfiring problem but think I've sorted it now with a new pilot jet. The ride on Saturday will do it the world of good after laying around for a year. I'm a bit like a kid waiting for Xmas day - keep going over the bike, charging the gopro, oiling the chain, cleaning the air filter, checking my gear, fitted my wolfman tank bag (not that I need it). Be glad to get this ride out of the way.

Shoulder is better after the jab last week but still a work in progress, good enough to ride with, just wont be waving to anyone with it
    No waving, maybe just a single thumbs up as you fly past LOL.
    . . . . and at least you got past the chain oiling without any broken bones
    This first outing for you both (man and bike ) will almost be a Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers moment
    If you don't ride in the rain, you don't ride !

Bike
    uKTM Tiger 800xc
    Will be leaving from the Havelock Mobil round 9:30am tamorra with Raymond (R650R) picking up Wade with his mate at Elsthorpe/Middle Rd intersection bout 9:45. Plan is to get to the Pongi Pub round lunch time after lots of tom foolery on various beaches. Can hardly wait for a sloppy burger n chups!
    ....wherezz that track go

Bike
    uKTM Tiger 800xc
    Quote Originally Posted by DR Girl View Post
    No waving, maybe just a single thumbs up as you fly past LOL.
    . . . . and at least you got past the chain oiling without any broken bones
    This first outing for you both (man and bike ) will almost be a Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers moment
    I cant dance, I cant talk, only thing about me the way that I walk maybe Michal Knight an Kit his black Trans-am would be a better comparison

Will be leaving from the Havelock Mobil round 9:30am tamorra with Raymond (R650R) picking up Wade with his mate at Elsthorpe/Middle Rd intersection bout 9:45. Plan is to get to the Pongi Pub round lunch time after lots of tom foolery on various beaches. Can hardly wait for a sloppy burger n chups!

Bike
    2007 Suzuki DR200 SE
    [QUOTE=Night Falcon;1130887373]I cant dance, I cant talk, only thing about me the way that I walk maybe Michal Knight an Kit his black Trans-am would be a better comparison :shifty

A way better analogy Mr Falcon

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Beach ride on weekend was good

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0N...ew?usp=sharing

Great to see this fella back on two wheels and quite confidant riding all things considered.
    Cheers for the leg over the 530 Marty and we all enjoyed those choccys Robin

A study in the DR650's suspension travel

Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    uKTM Tiger 800xc
    Cool shots Raymond. Nem choccies sure wis nice.

Pulled the carb off and reset the float level. dropped the needle 1 place, took her for another spin and the mysterious cutting out problem I had on the way home seems to have disappeared. Odd but will keep an eye on it. Strange things seem to happen when you get a new to you bike Aside from that minor issue it was a great day out.

Bike
    Triumph XC 800
    Blog Entries
    Great Day for a Ride! Good to finally have Marty back in the saddle..and riding so well!

A short vid from our day out ~~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRQeV8DB5aw
    "Those who hammer there guns into plow shears will plow for those who do not" Thomas Jefferson

Bike
    uKTM Tiger 800xc
    Cool vid mate. Bart landing the DR was excellent TV.

Some more pics and video here (scroll down page a bit) http://advrider.com/index.php?thread...037803/page-10

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Cool stuff guys, forgot to ask Marty, how does the 530 feel size and weight wise compared to 690?

Bike
    uKTM Tiger 800xc
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    Cool stuff guys, forgot to ask Marty, how does the 530 feel size and weight wise compared to 690?
    530= taller, skinnier, lot lighter (especially the front), quicker turning. Basically the 690 was a lot more planted on the road/gravel - you don't notice strong cross winds nearly as much on a 690 plus it has the power and gearing to handle them betterer. 530 is definitely a plated enduro but that's kinda it's charm. Great for riding round the Bay but I wont be goin much further on it less it's on a trailer

Bike
    Wrrrrrr
    Looked a good day guys Wellington was very wet & windy that day, tall bike you say shit yeah I was nowhere near touching the floor on it but you make it look small in the photos. There must be a market out there for short arse decent bikes.

Bike
    2007 Suzuki DR200 SE
    Great pics, ride report. Well done Marty and team So happy for you.
    Shame you missed MarkS and other Welly lads. But what an awesome effort they made
    Was so wanting to see more of those vids from a higher angle. Couldn't see that black DR and rider well enough to see that suspension bottom on those jumps
    You can still wheel stand Marty. . . awesome !!
    And no probs re the chocs for beach fun energy lol.

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    GoPro'd ride to Hotpools today, screen grab of the creek, bit deeper than expected!!!
    Was a nice ride in blue skies but fled an approaching front on way out, be plenty of fresh snow up there now.

Bike
    XRV750, DL650, KL250, XR200R
    Sorry this is very late notice and my bad for not thinking of putting this up in here sooner, Im taking a group of riders from the South Central HB MC down to Oringi tomorrow to look at a collection of Harley Trail Bikes. There are also 3 very immaculate , fully restored kenworth trucks in the same location. I will be leaving Mobil Waipuk at 9 am tomorrow. Will be using sealed back rds on the way down and stopping at the Black Dog pub at Makutiku on the way back. The owner, Helen Upson rides a hotted up V Max (serios) and the place is decked out for bike riders.
    COP, "Ive been waiting to catch you all day"
    BIKER "Sorry officer, I got here as fast as I could"

Bike
    2007 Suzuki DR200 SE
    In case I forget as the week progresses. Have a safe, FUN Cold Kiwi Experience this coming weekend . . . and do report back Waipukbiker

Thread Information