Page 74 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1298

Thread: Hawke's Bay Ride Outs - is anyone there?

Bike
    Wrrrrrr
    Depends where your based ? lots north of Napier, a few out to the coast, a few here http://www.adventureridingnz.co.nz/g...island-tracks/ lots of longer rides into the hills if you have the time.

Bike
    KTM 990
    Yep im in Hastings got any street names I can google.
    I know theres a loop from Waitara rd off the Napier Taupo rd but not sure yet how much of it is gravel.

Any body been around Waipunga rd (looks like a long ride)

Bike
    Wrrrrrr
    Quote Originally Posted by Luvvt View Post
    Yep im in Hastings got any street names I can google.
    I know theres a loop from Waitara rd off the Napier Taupo rd but not sure yet how much of it is gravel.

Any body been around Waipunga rd (looks like a long ride)
    Waitara rd is a good one gravel after bout 10km or so take a rod some good spots to fish the Mohaka, then links up to pohukura rd to Tutira then darky spur rd back to napier normally a long day think it's nearly 300kms with a few fishing stops thrown in, tried to find the pylon service road off Ellis Wallace rd once but it seemed to disappear into scrub, next time I'm up that way will try from the darky spur road end but it will prob be next summer

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Waipunga rd, Darky spur, kaiwaka rd is a good easy ride, just watch out for the locals and steep drop offs.

Waitara then past boundry stream to Tutira is good ride too.

Waihou rd up back puketapu/Dartmoor.
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    KTM 990
    Shit you guys taking spare fuel. Me ktm will only do between 170 to 240kms probably less due to all the 1st 2nd gear stuff

Bike
    uKTM Tiger 800xc
    Shit you guys taking spare fuel. Me ktm will only do between 170 to 240kms probably less due to all the 1st 2nd gear stuff
    about 300k range is ideal for decent poking round HB I reckon. When I had a 990 I always factored in a fuel stop on most of my rides, hardly ever for the 690 with safari tank, hoping the same for my safari tanked 530......if I ever get to ride it
    ....wherezz that track go

Bike
    KTM 990
    Waihou rd looks easily in my tank range for now till I suss the bike out a little more.

Should get around there on road tires what you reckon. Will end up with some dual sports but probably closer to next seasons riding or atleast when ive wrecked these ones :}

Bike
    Wrrrrrr
    Waihou rd looks easily in my tank range for now till I suss the bike out a little more.

Should get around there on road tires what you reckon. Will end up with some dual sports but probably closer to next seasons riding or atleast when ive wrecked these ones :}
    Check out R650Rs trips the nutter does gravel on a GSXR just watch out for logging trucks.

Bike
    uKTM Tiger 800xc
    Quote Originally Posted by pomgolian View Post
    Check out R650Rs trips the nutter does gravel on a GSXR just watch out for logging trucks.
    +1 Road tires will get you moving along nicely enough, its the stopping on looser surfaces that can let you down...especially in a hurry. Go slow, also watch out for livestock and the recent influx of old men riding BMW R??'s

and speaking of things dodgy.......I hear a certain DR2hundy rider of our acquaintance is temporarily out of action with a busted ankle . All the best for speedy recovery DRG.....if its any consolation you'll most likely be back on the weehundy before I'm on the 530....maybe we can swing a joint comeback adv ride

Bike
    2007 Suzuki DR200 SE
    Thanks Marty
    You have a few weeks at physio to knock that shoulder into shape and out we go again. Can't wait to see your face after some gravel on the 530
    If you don't ride in the rain, you don't ride !

Bike
    Ktm525exc beta300
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Falcon View Post
    Back in the saddle today for the 1st time since that fateful day that shall not be mentioned. 1 1/2 hours of riding with Wade round the farm on the Beta. Most fun I've had in a loooooong time, it was awesome and no bikes, animals or peoples were harmed with the exception of a saw jaw from a large grin .

Attachment 310676Attachment 310677Attachment 310678
    Nice to see you on your pony again next the horse

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Exploring up behind the Rangataiki pub today after lunch. Was a few crossers up there and three Adventure riders as well, anyone from here???
    Was good to have a nosey but nothing too special. Nearly drowned the DR in one deep bog hole at southern end on way out, had my suspicions when saw no fresh tyre tracks in or out of it.
    Bit disconcerting when front wheel under water!!!

Prob why I took a before photo incase I had to post some lost DR650 flyers DSLR hadn't been used recently so took some half decent photos this time instead of phone snaps...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0N...ew?usp=sharing

Bike
    uKTM Tiger 800xc
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    Exploring up behind the Rangataiki pub today after lunch. Was a few crossers up there and three Adventure riders as well, anyone from here???
    Was good to have a nosey but nothing too special. Nearly drowned the DR in one deep bog hole at southern end on way out, had my suspicions when saw no fresh tyre tracks in or out of it.
    Bit disconcerting when front wheel under water!!!

Prob why I took a before photo incase I had to post some lost DR650 flyers DSLR hadn't been used recently so took some half decent photos this time instead of phone snaps...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0N...ew?usp=sharing
    Was planning a major offensive around Frost Flat when the 690 got lamb bushed so its on my radar to get in there with the 530 in the spring maybe. Herd various reports on the tracks so keen to check them out for myself. Think I've convinced Wade to join me but there's always room for others

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Falcon View Post
    Was planning a major offensive around Frost Flat when the 690 got lamb bushed so its on my radar to get in there with the 530 in the spring maybe. Herd various reports on the tracks so keen to check them out for myself. Think I've convinced Wade to join me but there's always room for others
    Its pretty easy going all round, just got to pick your lines past some of the ruts. Be a good place to rebuild your confidence. Bit greasy getting in around the edge of field/treeline, mud over hardpack before you hit the good pumice stuff.

Bike
    2007 Suzuki DR200 SE
    Cool pic Raymond I'd be keen for a play up there also. Have done several of the Epic Rides up that way before and riding on pumice is great
    If you don't ride in the rain, you don't ride !

Thread Information